• Kovacic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yes, it is 8 players but I would say for 3.5 positions as CHO has been playing well at RWB so when we play the lesser teams you have the option of him going there. As for the others, at least one of Tammy and Giroud are going to leave - Tammy only has two years and with all rumours suggesting he doesn't sign unless he gets the CF1 role consistently and Giroud is at most going to rolling contracts and is now a high end CF2/3. 

One from Abraham/Giroud will likely go but then, the new striker will just take their place and we would just end up with the same number of attackers. Even if we somehow allow both of them to leave, 7 players for 3 or 3.5 positions is still a lot.

4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As for the others, Mount has enough about him to suggest he can be tried in the No.6 role (I suspect to see this before the season ends.) Then you have Ziyech who is starting to look like Cuadrado and not up to the physicality of the league. 

I am not sure, that is a massive problem. Allow one of Giroud/Tammy leave then possibly sell Ziyech. That would then leave 6 players of 3.5 positions. 

But that's just your thought/speculation, no? There's no indication whatsoever that we will sell Ziyech and if we play Mount as one of the #6, where does that even leave Gilmour? He hasn't even been able to play with Tuchel just swapping between Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic.

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I don't disagree, but if you buy a top end DM then all you're doing is replacing the 3rd CB with a new DM, which isn't resolving the issue of not having enough positions for the AMs/CFs. 

The point with getting a new DM is that it would help us solidify our midfield in a back 4, which has been a problem for ages. Whenever we have played that system in recent years, the defensive balance has never looked right in midfield. And playing the back 4 also opens up another attacking space, meaning we would have 7-8 players for 4 positions instead of just 3. 

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I think TT is pragmatic, if the formation keeps reaping the benefits that it currently is, then I doubt he will change it. If it starts getting picked apart, then for sure back to 4231/433. 

Am sure things have gone well for him before at Mainz, Dortmund and PSG but that has never stopped him from playing different formations. Part of the reason he isn't doing that right now is because he came in in the middle of the season and didn't want to rock the boat too much. He just chose the best possible formation and went with it.

Great win!! Attack is getting some teeth. A performance for Kai to build on.

Denial is a pretty strong river. Rival fans see us falling apart soon as the new manager bounce wears off. I really don't think they watch the matches to see real change happening.

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Great win!! Attack is getting some teeth. A performance for Kai to build on.

Denial is a pretty strong river. Rival fans see us falling apart soon as the new manager bounce wears off. I really don't think they watch the matches to see real change happening.

The are saying that cuz they are shit scared, no one wants a strong Chels, they only wish its a managerial bounce.......though its evident this is far from just a bounce.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I know Werner is frustrating everyone right now in front of goal but there really is a lot of history revisionist when it comes to comparing him with the likes of Torres and Morata. 

With Torres it isn't just revisionism, when he was here was getting compared favourably against Sturridge and Eto'o, was absolutely insane if not shameful.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Werner doing his best, goals will come. Right now he is keeping defenders on their toes at all times, making them tired etc. He will be just fine, goals will come sooner than later.

Agree with that - doing all the runs, getting in the right positions, just needs a bit of finishing with psychopathic composure

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Werner doing his best, goals will come. Right now he is keeping defenders on their toes at all times, making them tired etc. He will be just fine, goals will come sooner than later.

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Agree with that - doing all the runs, getting in the right positions, just needs a bit of finishing with psychopathic composure

I don't know whether to applaud or cry at the optimism of this. 

I 'm not impressed with Kai yet. Bats and Remy could do these things on a good day. He 's still weak in man to man situations (compare with Mason).
As for Timo Werner it remains a mystery. Now I think his main problem is that he keeps his eyes fixated on the ground and therefore his shooting is affected.

Just realized that Everton had not lost a Premier League away game since November before yesterday's game at the Bridge.

Their loss yesterday was also their first away against a Big 6 team this season - they've won at Spurs and Liverpool and drew with Man United. 

8 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Maybe we should sell him to Klopps Mersey Redsox, seeing as he doesnt like Salah any more.

LOL

Speaking of Liverpool, have been seeing a lot of pieces saying they should sell Salah, Mane etc to rebuild their squad but no one seem to be asking 'Who the F out there has the money to buy them?' and/or 'Who the F wants to buy 29-year-old players with no resale value at this point?' at a time when the craze is surrounding Mbappe and Haaland. Unless their owners are willing to throw money in, which has not been their business model, they're probably fucked with rebuilding their squad.