• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Giroud
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Werner (sub)

I wonder if United decided to press high up after seeing that front 3 of ours when the team news came out because the game hasn't taken the pattern that we were all probably expecting. Giroud has no pace to beat any backline. Ziyech and Mount prefer to come onto the ball. No one makes run off the ball to just push them, to worry them about a ball over the top. 

1 minute ago, Stats said:

Well tbh, he ha hardly started. He needs to be given a run of games to build up form, otherwise, the player will never ever look match sharp.

Some show glipses of good play, this guy showing nothing at all, this isn't just lack of matches, he is simply not cut out for the PL seen this before with Cuadrado.

Ziyech needs to come off he is an absolute passenger. I am also concerned how Shaw keeps bombing down the wing with Callum not tracking him. I would bring James on and put CHO up next to Mount. 

As for other players, Kante is struggling to pass and Chilwell is not getting forward like Alonso would be but equally he is covering at the back which is needed. However, I am disappointed with him considering he is playing for his place as he should be offering more in attacking phases.

Giroud is playing well enough but his lack of pace means they can push right up on us, if after 10-15 minutes CHO doesn't do much I would take him off for Werner. 

4 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Watch all Moroccans go overboard when they see Ziyech substituted lol. He is not up for it at all and he is very slender, gets bullied away very easily unfortunately.

Except I specifically said Ziyech needs to come off...

Just now, R2D2 said:

Some show glipses of good play, this guy showing nothing at all, this isn't just lack of matches, he is simply not cut out for the PL seen this before with Cuadrado.

Love Ziyech but this could sadly be true. His poor physics don‘t really help him either

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Lucky they never got a pen. Need to step it up, possession is good but need to do more with it. 

I wouldn't say lucky just yet, penalty could come any minute in the 2nd half with those jammy fuckers.

3 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

He has had injuries. I don't recall Cuardado having one really good game at us. Ziyech has had at least 3 and then had 2 injury spells and has not been able to build up a real rhythm.

1 minute ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Watch all Moroccans go overboard when they see Ziyech substituted lol. He is not up for it at all and he is very slender, gets bullied away very easily unfortunately.

I have said very little about him since he joined, but he was never a target of mine before we bought him

I always worried about his frail frame, lack of pace, plus he is hardly 'young'. he turns 29yo next season at the end of next winter (so a reduced resale value after just 2 years here, as a team buying him in summer 2022 (for instance) would be buying a player who turns 30 in 7 months or so after he moves there)

NOT writing him off, as he did have that long layoff from injury, but ffs, he needs to step up