Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

The meeting Laporta-Mateu Alemany-Mino Raiola-Haaland's father lasted about 2 hours. It's over now. They landed at 9,30 from Nice. They weren't expecting the paparazzi that surprised them in the airport. First contacts. They think that the signing is possible.

Edited by Blues Forever

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

So whats your opinion on us in 2003-2007 then? We spent almost £400 million in that period alone, in a time where British teams and the majority of big European ones didnt spent huge money. City are just doing what we did and taking into account market inflation, obviously they’ve spent more but I find it odd when people slag them off for not following FFP or whatever. People tend to forget when people complained about us spending by the bucketload. You dont win any points for being respected by teams your competing against in the transfer market. Hence why all the good teams are ruthless in recruiting. 

Yes we spent alot in that time-frame, but then we stopped. Plus there were no FFP when RA came. We have been spending within our means, we did not sponsor ourselves via an uncle either like City. There is spending and then there is City and PSG. If they are allowed to do it then so be it but it will most def wreck the system come soon. They are state backed, a different ball game to us.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Barca and RM have been bailed out many times by their government, Barca is so skint atm with huge amounts of debts, yet they can seemingly throw away 200M like its nothing. Shit stinks.

Football is as if not more corrupt than boxing. It has never been more clear.

58 minutes ago, DDA said:

Football is as if not more corrupt than boxing. It has never been more clear.

Boxing has been rigged for along time now, its clear to see. Boxers today are crap, bums. Prime Tyson fought like 4-6 fights in a year.....these bums barely fight once a year.

Edited by Atomiswave

54 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

If he is looking for exciting sporting project I really think we are front runners. 

People are saying City but so many players rejected them. And you have to live in Manchester. Why would anyone choose that over London or Barcelona? Plus they can't fill the stadium. Here for example Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea have many fans and even Arsenal. Teams from other countries as well. But I don't know anyone who supports City. They are pretty much irrelevant in the eyes of many fans all over the world. 

Haaland is unique because his father played there but overall no one gives a fuck about City. 

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

If he is looking for exciting sporting project I really think we are front runners. 

People are saying City but so many players rejected them. And you have to live in Manchester. Why would anyone choose that over London or Barcelona? Plus they can't fill the stadium. Here for example Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea have many fans and even Arsenal. Teams from other countries as well. But I don't know anyone who supports City. They are pretty much irrelevant in the eyes of many fans all over the world. 

Haaland is unique because his father played there but overall no one gives a fuck about City. 

Because they were born in the North-East and still have family friends in the area? 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

That is debatable. City are already an established force, especially domestically. If a player wants to win something immediately, you would likely go there. We are still trying to get to City's level. We are building a team of potential but aren't the finished article yet and won't know if we will actually get there. You only have to look at our record in recent years and realize that we have been jumping between success and failure in drastic fashion, with no middle ground. So does Haaland want to be the face of an established team or does he want to be the face of "potential" top team? Some of the frustration he's displayed after some of Dortmund's poor results could easily happen here when we can be prone to very similar poor results. And not to mention, City also have stability from top to bottom while there's always some sort of upheaval here. Who knows if Haaland prefers stability and like the idea of immediate success.

8 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes we spent alot in that time-frame, but then we stopped. Plus there were no FFP when RA came. We have been spending within our means, we did not sponsor ourselves via an uncle either like City. There is spending and then there is City and PSG. If they are allowed to do it then so be it but it will most def wreck the system come soon. They are state backed, a different ball game to us.

True there was no FFP, fair, but its not as if UEFA have punished anyone to the point where we should be shitting ourselves about it. Or any other club should be. 

You could argue FFP was put in motion because of the likes of us, Madrid and various others spending more money than we were earning because of rich owners so why people are so upset about what team A, B or C are doing, I don’t understand. I know they say its to protect clubs from overspending and going into a position where it will jeopardise their existence bla bla bla but in reality, it is to stop clubs that weren't as well backed getting huge influx of cash injected into them from wealthy new owners and to stop a select few who had wealthy owners from continuing to spend above their means to the point where they might break into the status quo of the “original superclubs/elite clubs/insert whatever you want to call them here”, the AC Milans, Real Madrids, Bayern Munichs, Man Uniteds, Juventus’, Liverpool’s etc.

The transfer windows one of these things where its dog eat dog unfortunately, particularly for top players. Its not unfair that City or PSG have got a Royal family backing them. Its not more unfair than someone signing a player by offering to double the wages they were offered by another club or whatever. 

Why we or anybody to be honest has stopped or severely backed off to comply with FFP to the degree we and certain other clubs have done is beyond me, in all honesty. Obviously you don’t have to spend huge sums every season and am not saying we should do that but there’s definitely been times where I have thought why could we not have maybe spent a bit more on top of what we paid for player X to get player Y, who goes to a City or a United for instance. Then it turns out player Y was deemed “too expensive” and instead we signed player X, who is nowhere near the right standard and a year or two later, we end up signing another player to replace them which eventually ends up exceeding what player Y would of probably cost originally. If UEFA were slapping out bans for people spending 50-100m more than they make or whatever the fees was then aye its fair I can see why, but its just been an absolute pointless exercise because others have found ways around it and they’ve investigated these and turns out they aren’t exactly violating the rules. Its not as if FFP has made the market more consistent either or that prices have come down. So it really has been quite a success...

Edited by OneMoSalah

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

True there was no FFP, fair, but its not as if UEFA have punished anyone to the point where we should be shitting ourselves about it. Or any other club should be. 

You could argue FFP was put in motion because of the likes of us, Madrid and various others spending more money than we were earning because of rich owners so why people are so upset about what team A, B or C are doing, I don’t understand. I know they say its to protect clubs from overspending and going into a position where it will jeopardise their existence bla bla bla but in reality, it is to stop clubs that weren't as well backed getting huge influx of cash injected into them from wealthy new owners and to stop a select few who had wealthy owners from continuing to spend above their means to the point where they might break into the status quo of the “original superclubs/elite clubs/insert whatever you want to call them here”, the AC Milans, Real Madrids, Bayern Munichs, Man Uniteds, Juventus’, Liverpool’s etc.

The transfer windows one of these things where its dog eat dog unfortunately, particularly for top players. Its not unfair that City or PSG have got a Royal family backing them. Its not more unfair than someone signing a player by offering to double the wages they were offered by another club or whatever. 

Why we or anybody to be honest has stopped or severely backed off to comply with FFP to the degree we and certain other clubs have done is beyond me, in all honesty. Obviously you don’t have to spend huge sums every season and am not saying we should do that but there’s definitely been times where I have thought why could we not have maybe spent a bit more on top of what we paid for player X to get player Y, who goes to a City or a United for instance. Then it turns out player Y was deemed “too expensive” and instead we signed player X, who is nowhere near the right standard and a year or two later, we end up signing another player to replace them which eventually ends up exceeding what player Y would of probably cost originally. If UEFA were slapping out bans for people spending 50-100m more than they make or whatever the fees was then aye its fair I can see why, but its just been an absolute pointless exercise because others have found ways around it and they’ve investigated these and turns out they aren’t exactly violating the rules. Its not as if FFP has made the market more consistent either or that prices have come down. So it really has been quite a success...

FFP was a shit show to begin with and they were made to help out the so called historic clubs ( hate that mantra ). But imo there should be a cap how much you can spend, a cap on wages too. If there wont be a system in place then City will run this league like PSG and BM does.

Mino Raiola and Erling Haaland's father are 'set for' #mufc transfer meeting today. [Mundo Deportivo]

They're suggesting that Haaland's team will speak to officials from Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City in London.

this transfer is set to be a big circus 😅

18 minutes ago, milka said:

Mino Raiola and Erling Haaland's father are 'set for' #mufc transfer meeting today. [Mundo Deportivo]

They're suggesting that Haaland's team will speak to officials from Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City in London.

this transfer is set to be a big circus 😅

Almost every big clubs need for a world class striker this summer (Us, City, United, Pool, Barca, Madrid, and Juve) but not many can afford him now. I wager only City, United, Madrid, and Us have the financial power to buy him in this summer.

Edited by Blues Forever

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You