Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

At least Pep did admit the other day that money is the reason he has success with city, and he meant it too. With FFP gone the likes of psg and city will kill us all.

Not really, FFP was just a cartel system that allowed all the big clubs to take out massive loans and prevent smaller ones from doing so. City will continue as they always have (but I do not see them getting overly crazy). PSG may go mental but they play in the French league which will always be an issue for them. 

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

At least Pep did admit the other day that money is the reason he has success with city, and he meant it too. With FFP gone the likes of psg and city will kill us all.

I think those comments were very much tongue in cheek though because lets be honest what manager hasn’t been successful without spending large sums of money?

Sir Alex Ferguson did it depsite claims United would never spend what we did or what City did. Mourinho did it here first time around then again at Real Madrid and at United. Mancini did it at City. Pellegrini done it at City. Pep has done it at City. Klopp has done it at Liverpool. Conte did it here also. 

Not many managers now are successful without spending any money. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Not really, FFP was just a cartel system that allowed all the big clubs to take out massive loans and prevent smaller ones from doing so. City will continue as they always have (but I do not see them getting overly crazy). PSG may go mental but they play in the French league which will always be an issue for them. 

Yes FFP was shady but City signed the papers that they will adhere to the rules, yet utterly crushed them rules under their feet.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think those comments were very much tongue in cheek though because lets be honest what manager hasn’t been successful without spending large sums of money?

Sir Alex Ferguson did it depsite claims United would never spend what we did or what City did. Mourinho did it here first time around then again at Real Madrid and at United. Mancini did it at City. Pellegrini done it at City. Pep has done it at City. Klopp has done it at Liverpool. Conte did it here also. 

Not many managers now are successful without spending any money. 

Good point but there is difference between spending cash vs going amok like city have done. Pep and City have spent  ridiculous amounts.

4 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Yes FFP was shady but City signed the papers that they will adhere to the rules, yet utterly crushed them rules under their feet.

Good point but there is difference between spending cash vs going amok like city have done. Pep and City have spent  ridiculous amounts.

Problem however is that those rules would never have been legally binding in a court of law as they contravened the EU's movement of capital laws. 

I get that City broke the rules and pretended to go along with them, however the rules would never hold up in court, which is probably the real reason it has been canned. 

5 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

And they’ve won 8 trophies in the most demanding league in the world. Whilst potentially being one of the top 3 teams in the continent for prolonged periods. As well as having the chance to win a quadruple this year, which if done, will probably be the greatest achievement in the modern day history of English football.

Can say its going amok or whatever, but its quite simply being ruthless and thats why City probably have the strongest squad in Europe without a shadow of a doubt. Pep couldn’t get success with the fullbacks they had so changed them. Couldn’t find success with Claudio Bravo, so changed him. Has signed the likes of Laporte, Stones, Dias, Ake to completely overhaul his defence.

Id like to see what your opinion would be if we had done this. Plus if you aren’t proactive or aren’t signing the top level players as we have seen with Jose and Conte, you very easily fall behind the next season because everyone else is buying. The PL as a whole has developed the culture and the economics where teams can afford to spend so much money and still be stable and in modern day football it is much easier to buy a top player than develop one through the academies.

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Problem however is that those rules would never have been legally binding in a court of law as they contravened the EU's movement of capital laws. 

I get that City broke the rules and pretended to go along with them, however the rules would never hold up in court, which is probably the real reason it has been canned. 

I agree but they still signed the papers.....its a cluster fuck it really is.

35 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And they’ve won 8 trophies in the most demanding league in the world. Whilst potentially being one of the top 3 teams in the continent for prolonged periods. As well as having the chance to win a quadruple this year, which if done, will probably be the greatest achievement in the modern day history of English football.

Can say its going amok or whatever, but its quite simply being ruthless and thats why City probably have the strongest squad in Europe without a shadow of a doubt. Pep couldn’t get success with the fullbacks they had so changed them. Couldn’t find success with Claudio Bravo, so changed him. Has signed the likes of Laporte, Stones, Dias, Ake to completely overhaul his defence.

Id like to see what your opinion would be if we had done this. Plus if you aren’t proactive or aren’t signing the top level players as we have seen with Jose and Conte, you very easily fall behind the next season because everyone else is buying. The PL as a whole has developed the culture and the economics where teams can afford to spend so much money and still be stable and in modern day football it is much easier to buy a top player than develop one through the academies.

I wouldnt have a good opinion if we did that, City clearly gone amok. Yes they have won alot of trophies but there is a reason no one gives a fuck about City, they are a non entity. Being ruthless is one thing, buying players like its candy is another. Pep has spent like 400 alone in defence, I cant respect that.

36 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He did nothing special. 2 CS basically glorified friendlies. Fa Cup and League Cup also many wins on penalties and they always had easy run with lucky draws.

Mancini and Pellegrini also won PL. Pep 2/4, ok 3rd is coming this season. But they were pretty much favorites numero uno every time.

In CL embarrassing. 4 times and every time they got knocked out against inferior side. And how much he spent? Billion? NET SPENT is very important and only thing I have issues with in terms of FFP.

If Chelsea spent 500m but also sell players for 400m this is fine. -100. But City is by far worst in Europe in this because they barely sell anyone. This is why you cant say everyone is spending money like that.

First two years in City Pep spent around 530m and sell players for 125m. This should not be legal.  

This is how I rate managers: They can overachieve, underachieve and do expected. Pep in his career did expected in 35-40% and failed other times. Conte title here, Ranieri title in LC has more value because they overachieved.

Counting trophies you can say he won 2 German DFB Pokals in 3 season with Bayern but the real question is how he managed not to won all 3 times since Bayern is so superior team in Germany.

Also Bayern won CL before him and after him. Not with him. And we can argue if VAR existed back than he would not even won CL with Barca because we know what happened with Ovrebo in 2009 but also against Arsenal in 2011 at Camp Nou. RVP red card changed everything.

Imagine him in Palace for example. There are tons on managers who would do better job there. He cannot implement his style without world class players. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

He did nothing special. 2 CS basically glorified friendlies. Fa Cup and League Cup also many wins on penalties and they always had easy run with lucky draws.

Mancini and Pellegrini also won PL. Pep 2/4, ok 3rd is coming this season. But they were pretty much favorites numero uno every time.

In CL embarrassing. 4 times and every time they got knocked out against inferior side. And how much he spent? Billion? NET SPENT is very important and only thing I have issues with in terms of FFP.

If Chelsea spent 500m but also sell players for 400m this is fine. -100. But City is by far worst in Europe in this because they barely sell anyone. This is why you cant say everyone is spending money like that.

First two years in City Pep spent around 530m and sell players for 125m. This should not be legal.  

This is how I rate managers: They can overachieve, underachieve and do expected. Pep in his career did expected in 35-40% and failed other times. Conte title here, Ranieri title in LC has more value because they overachieved.

Counting trophies you can say he won 2 German DFB Pokals in 3 season with Bayern but the real question is how he managed not to won all 3 times since Bayern is so superior team in Germany.

Also Bayern won CL before him and after him. Not with him. And we can argue if VAR existed back than he would not even won CL with Barca because we know what happened with Ovrebo in 2009 but also against Arsenal in 2011 at Camp Nou. RVP red card changed everything.

Imagine him in Palace for example. There are tons on managers who would do better job there. He cannot implement his style without world class players. 

Why? 

For me you have two options. One you can go down a route of a cap (which is applicable to every team in Europe) like the NFL where every team has a firm cap of say £200m a year that they cannot go over, or you have a free market where you can do what you want. 

For me, this issue is about parity. You can either have no rules and allow all teams to have the opportunity to get lucky and get an owner like Roman/Abu Dhabi/Qatar or you have a cap, which limits all teams in exactly the same manner. 

This whole notion of FFP or teams 'only spending what they earn' sounds to me like a stitch up by the biggest clubs as it allows them to hamper small teams from growing or finding external finances. I agree if the money was true debt (i.e. bank debt) then this is an issue but select teams cannot be going about dictating rules about what 'type' of money can and cannot be used to solidify their position. 

For instance what is worse? Real Madrid and Barca having nearly £1bn in debt to banks (and insist on rules that prevent other clubs with lower turn over to do the same) or City/Chelsea/PSG who bring personal external finances into the game? 

10 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

I agree but they still signed the papers.....its a cluster fuck it really is.

I wouldnt have a good opinion if we did that, City clearly gone amok. Yes they have won alot of trophies but there is a reason no one gives a fuck about City, they are a non entity. Being ruthless is one thing, buying players like its candy is another. Pep has spent like 400 alone in defence, I cant respect that.

So whats your opinion on us in 2003-2007 then? We spent almost £400 million in that period alone, in a time where British teams and the majority of big European ones didnt spent huge money. City are just doing what we did and taking into account market inflation, obviously they’ve spent more but I find it odd when people slag them off for not following FFP or whatever. People tend to forget when people complained about us spending by the bucketload. You dont win any points for being respected by teams your competing against in the transfer market. Hence why all the good teams are ruthless in recruiting. 

10 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Community Shield maybe glorified friendlies but its the same as the Italian Supercoppa or DFL Supercup or whatever. Same with UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup, maybe glorified exhibition games but people still count them. Winning cups on penalties is still winning them? Lets not pretend as if it matters how you win a trophy.... if we had won the one on pens under Sarri it wouldn’t be an issue. And getting an easy draw is part and parcel of cup competitions, particularly FA Cup because theirs always big teams put out by a smaller ones, which is what makes the FA cup exciting.

When they get the 3rd, that will be 3 PLs in 5 seasons. Best rate out of current managers in the PL. In which people say is the most competitive league in the world because of the money other teams have to spend, its difficult to retain a title now. Who was last team to retain a PL title? I have a feeling it was a Fergue team back before 2010.

Again with FFP, 2003-07 what do you think of us spending large sums then. Clubs calling us big spenders and people wanting wage caps etc because we were blowing them out the water. Taking into account market inflation since then, its not as if we are innocent in this regard and should complain, it would be like Real Madrid fans complaining. Also rumours we will try take advantage of the loosening of FFP this summer so be interesting to see peoples stance if we do. 

Yes those 2 individual titles hold more merit but overall if City win everything it will go down as the best season for a club in modern day PL history since United won the treble I would think because no one will do it again. In fact I doubt City might even do it but if they do, nobody is topping that or doing it again. Its basically impossible but we are 2 months from the season finishing and they are in good shape for it. Even a treble of league and either 2 domestic cups/1 and a CL and that is better than most teams will ever achieve in one PL season.

Bayern only didnt win the DFK Pokal your talking about because a very talented manager and Borussia Dortmund squad knocked them out on their way to winning it...  

Winning the CL is the most difficult trophy to win obviously but I do find it odd he never had more success particularly with Bayern and City in that regard. Dont get me wrong, it doesn’t take away from what hes achieved since coming onto the scene and yes there was that horrendous refereeing performance by he who wont be named against us but its almost as if your forgetting everything else Guardiola achieved in the CL with those Barca teams. And the manner they won those games. Its very strange for a manager to win 1 CL within their careers in modern day football, yet alone 2. Ancelotti, Jose, Fergie, Zidane, Heynckes also multiple CL winners. Not exactly a huge list is it?

Palace is a bad example. Remember they went and appointed Frank de Boer to try play a more possession based style? They desperately needed to invest in players to suit it. The point isn’t exactly invalid but top managers tend to buy top players to suit their football and push them on to win trophies. We’ve seen it here and at various other clubs. Not just Pep. Klopp needed van Dijk and Alisson before winning anything at Liverpool. We needed Costa, Fabregas and Courtois back under Jose to win the league. United needed van Persie under Fergie to take the title back off City before he retired. Basically the better players you have now a days the more likely you are to win, whether or not it makes you an amazing coach or not, it’s debatable but 75% of top managers now are closer to chequebook manages than anything else. How many actually coach players and take them on to a higher level to win titles? Pochettino is a good example of this, amazing coach, great progress with certain players at Spurs but more importantly what managers are remembered for, 0 trophies. Nagglesmann also. Even Tuchel didnt win a huge deal before spending money at PSG. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You