• Pulisic
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

To be fair, pulisic and ziyech have both been injured. So now they are back we will see if Mount still squeezes himself in, starting from this weekend against Man United.

If that is the case PLAY REAL WINGER! CHO!

Also about midfield for tonight I would bench Kante.

Just now, NikkiCFC said:

If that is the case PLAY REAL WINGER! CHO!

Also about midfield for tonight I would bench Kante.

Agree, Kante has been one of our worst players all season

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Because Lampard doesn't know how to coordinate a proper press. Even Southampton can, this is not rocket science

Bayern Munich last season in the Champions league showed everyone how high pressing is done. They pressed with the whole team, no gaps between the midfield and defence, the defence (with slow players like Boateng/Sule) came higher and maintained a high line, played the offside trap and had a sweeper keeper in Neuer to mop up long balls over the defence. The didn't let even Barcelona pass out of the defence easily.  

Lampard playing a high press and leaving so much space between the defence and midfield is a tactical flaw, which means he hasn't worked on pressing properly. Pressing back is the only way to beat a pressing team, unless we are ready to park the bus for 90 minutes and hit long balls to Werner/Giroud. If not naively trying to pass out of the back against a good press will result in that type of 2nd half total domination from southampton on saturday.

Bayern are able to play a high line because their entire back line are proper footballers, and the fact Neuer is able to bail them out time and time again. We have Zouma and Dave who are notoriously known to struggle in playing it out from the back. Mendy is also incredibly poor at sweeping based on statistical analysis. 

If we are going to press, a midfielder needs to stay back. It's so fundamentally easy to sort out yet it continues to happen! 

1 hour ago, Muzchap said:

Is Mount the new Oscar? 

Some like me rate him and others hate him 🤔

Mount is useful but not at the wing, play him midfield and let him tire the opposition out. Oscar for me at his peak here was sublime, had an engine, could score awesome goals etc.

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Are we considered favorites for this one? I have no idea how Sevilla have played recently.

If they win their 2 games in hand , they could potentially be top of the league. They lost recently because they had an early red card , other than that wins and a draw with Barca 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Our best CM not in the XI for 2 games in a row now. Kova should be one of the first names on the team sheet ffs.

Agreed. And Puli should be on the left, as he was when he saved Frank’s bacon over and over after the restart. I hope he is on the left today.

P.S. 3 keepers in the 18?