Kai Havertz

Blues11

1 hour ago, Azul said:

No Haaland with Havertz would become unstoppable.

If we put Håland in this team, with the way it is playing/defending I think there would be very few teams who could give us a game, let alone beat us. The amount of control we are exerting on games atm, is slightly crazy. Bar Zouma's inability to read the game (and TT erring and thinking he could get away with playing him as a CCB.) We haven't conceded a goal owing to the other team opening us up for 11 games. Mental. 

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Screw Haaland. We have our ST. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I said it 6 months ago I'll say it again. 

Best thing in the league since Cristiano. 

4 hours ago, whats happening said:

took tuchel one month to find him the proper role and position. not a good look on frank.

Christ, do not overreact. This was one good game FFS.

Also, Lampard did use Kai in a very similar false 9 in a 3-4-3 away at ManUre to no avail so it might not only be the position.

Edited by Magic Lamps

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Christ, do not overreact. This was one good game FFS.

Also, Lampard did use Kai in a very similar false 9 in a 3-4-3 away at ManUre to no avail so it might not only be the position.

Didn't Werner play as the ST in that game?

Anyway, the difference between Lampard and Tuchel is that the latter gives better clarity to players to make a role work. 

At the risk of jumping the gun, based on yesterday's performance, it feels like Havertz can provide what both Abraham and Giroud do in leading the line. He's got good pace, good movement, good at linking up play by dropping deep, capable of running beyond the defence and not bad in the air either. Just need to bulk up a tad bit.

Tuchel on Havertz today...

The position between a nine and ten is pretty much his best position. He has the freedom to drop, to switch positions. I feel very confident with him in high positions, I don't want to have him behind the ball. He needs to be high up the pitch and he feels comfortable behind opponents, between the lines, and in little pockets.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

His constant movement is what gave Everton trouble, hence why if he were to play there, LW and RW must be quick and dynamic and to run through channels. 

Spot on. His fellow attackers must not leave him isolated. I can see him work with any combination of Mount/CHO/Werner/Puli but less so with Ziyech... we will see.

Anyway, if he really can make  this false 9 position his own and we manage to make this system work vs any kind of opposition, our long term striker problems could be solved. Far to early to say after one match tho.

One final thought, I noticed how he takes a split second to compose himself  everytime right before finishing when in on goal.(Obviously only when taking a touch prior to finishing so not for volleys or headers) Look at his hattrick in the cup, his offside "handball" goal vs Everton and his goals for leverkusen the on vs Inter for example. At first i thought it was infuriatingly casual to delay the finishing but it is incredibly smart. He recognizes when he has time to readjust his body, only delays if he actually has the time and thus picks the perfect moment to strike. This is an attirbute i have seldom seen in such a young player. A quality of top class finishers. Off the top of my head, the only other players I have consciouly seen doing this as frequently and ostentatively are Lampard and Messi, two of the greatest finishers in football history.

Edited by Magic Lamps

• 5 weeks later...