Kai Havertz

Blues11

On 12/16/2020 at 7:23 AM, Jason said:

Gotta wonder whether all this shoehorning from Lampard has been more bad than good...

Also find it a bit strange that Lampard took like 2 months to integrate Pulisic last season but immediately threw Havertz into the fire and doesn't seem to want to take him out of it for a while.

Lamp did well of benching Pulisic. He kinda have to do the same thing with Kai. Maybe  covid affected him, I don't know. Early in the season, he has problem against epl physicality now he is just suck at everything. 

On 12/16/2020 at 4:53 AM, Jason said:

Gotta wonder whether all this shoehorning from Lampard has been more bad than good...

Also find it a bit strange that Lampard took like 2 months to integrate Pulisic last season but immediately threw Havertz into the fire and doesn't seem to want to take him out of it for a while.

Probably because Puli was not a "Lamps' buy". The club had bought him 6 months ago. Kai is "his" buy and hence, he is looking for instant results.

1 minute ago, Puliiszola said:

Probably because Puli was not a "Lamps' buy". The club had bought him 6 months ago. Kai is "his" buy and hence, he is looking for instant results.

Probably so but just going by Lampard's explanation last season, he should try to do the same with Havertz. Unless Havertz starts to pick it up, trying to shoehorn him now doesn't help anyone's cause. 

The knockers.

I have no problem in that I think Havertz does have it to succeed here but it will take time, it's obvious he hasn't hit the ground running.

But that said have you learnt nothing from Mourinho dumping De Bruyne, and Mo Salah, look how not being patient and allowing a player to grow turned out for them.

14 hours ago, Jason said:

Long story short, he is rather similar to Ozil. 

Really? This is the best hope i also have 

But so far, he is really nothing special. Far worse than ozil, mata. He seems have a good touch, vision, technically talented.
But he seems lacking something really essential

He is too easy to dispossed, his mentality and his dribbling ability is also worrying, is not just about the pace because neither ozil and mata has it

I know i'm being really harsh. But sometimes I even questioned his basic skill to become top or standout player.
The way he shielding the ball is sad too see, barely have any desire to create anything, his tendency to choose safe passing is a bit too much for me, and too many matches i saw him barely giving any threat to our opposition, bar barnsley and sevilla game

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

The knockers.

I have no problem in that I think Havertz does have it to succeed here but it will take time, it's obvious he hasn't hit the ground running.

But that said have you learnt nothing from Mourinho dumping De Bruyne, and Mo Salah, look how not being patient and allowing a player to grow turned out for them.

KDB's case is very different to Kai's.

KDB's quality was evident even in the one game he did play against Hull. It was simply a case of Jose preferring Oscar over KDB. Oscar himself was considered to be a sort of a prodigy and simply turned out to be a DUD. If anything, Kai is being given the trust and the time to settle, he is hyped up and well rated. Everything akin to Oscar. Rather than KDB, he should be compared to Oscar and we should worry that he is not an expensive OSCAR.

b18eaed3b8bd745b31bb4f5de9b1efef.png

Ballack comments on comparison between Chelsea's Havertz and Leverkusen's Wirtz

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/news/ballack-comments-on-comparison-between-chelseas-havertz-and-leverkusens-wirtz/

Ballack comments on comparison between Chelsea's Havertz and Leverkusen's  Wirtz - The Chelsea Chronicle

Michael Ballack has played down comparisons between Chelsea star Kai Havertz and Bayer Leverkusen’s teenage sensation Florian Wirtz.

Leverkusen just cannot stop producing these unbelievably talented attacking midfielders, can they?

After Havertz joined Chelsea in the summer, the Bundesliga side have already found a replacement in Wirtz.

The 17-year-old has four goals and five assists in just 16 appearances in all competitions for Leverkusen; an incredible feat for such a young player.

Unsurprisingly, there have been suggestions that Wirtz might even have more potential than his one-time teammate.

Former Chelsea and Leverkusen icon Ballack believes it is too early to compare the two.

Bayern Muenchen v Borussia Dortmund - DFB Cup

“That can’t be said yet, because Kai Havertz was also able to mature for a few years,” the former Germany international told Sport1.

“It is Wirtz’s first year as a regular player. But he does it well above average.”

1. FC Koeln v Bayer 04 Leverkusen - Bundesliga

While Ballack said the teenager is improving and has caught up well physically, he still thinks what Havertz did at Leverkusen was unheard of.

“Wirtz is a different type than Havertz and is smaller. 

“Havertz’s statistics were unparalleled at his age, so be careful with comparisons.”

In his last season at Leverkusen, Havertz managed 16 goals and eight assists in all competitions.

Some Chelsea fans understandably have reservations about the 21-year-old after his recent poor performances, but recent bias might have influenced some people’s opinions of him.

Havertz might have taken more time to adapt than some would expect, but his record speaks for itself.

As much as I doubt Frank is gonna make it here, I am glad he  is level-headed  and reasonable enough to give the kid enough time to settle in. He didn't mention any names but it was obvious that he referred to guys like De Bruyne and Salah when talking about players coming back to the PL as a stars despite not making it the first time round. 

28 minutes ago, 0007 said:

As much as I doubt Frank is gonna make it here, I am glad he  is level-headed  and reasonable enough to give the kid enough time to settle in. He didn't mention any names but it was obvious that he referred to guys like De Bruyne and Salah when talking about players coming back to the PL as a stars despite not making it the first time round. 

To be fair unless it's Mourinho, no sane manager is gonna pile pressure on their own players.