Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I remember some summer speculations about him leaving, quickly denied by someone (his agent?) claiming that Mikel wants British passport first.

Here -

“Mikel will be a British citizen by October and that was one of the main considerations why he has opted to stay put at Chelsea at least for the time being.”

“There are offers from clubs like Juventus, Galatasaray and Monaco, but he would rather get his passport before he considers any of them.”

So he got the passport, I assume. Now what? Will there be any move on January? If not, I am quite sure he will be off in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=100724

Before the commence­ment of the current English Premier League season, speculations were rife that Chelsea’s manager, Jose Mourinho, wanted to sacri­fice him to free up a foreign quota spot, but this is now a thing of the past.

‘’Mikel was issued a Brit­ish passport last week, and he is very happy to be in the possession of the passport,’’ a representative of the Super Eagles’ star revealed.

‘’That’s very good news because he will no longer be counted as a foreign player in the Chelsea squad.

‘’All the obstacles that would have prevented him playing in Europe have been eliminated, especially in Italy.

‘’Mikel is not leaving Chelsea in the January transfer window. He will only think about his future at the end of this season,’’ the representative added.

That is great news on two accounts. Him being a homegrown squad memeber (?) now menas he is much more valuable to us. Also he can be shifted away more easily.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=100724

That is great news on two accounts. Him being a homegrown squad memeber (?) now menas he is much more valuable to us. Also he can be shifted away more easily.

dont think he will be counted as a HG player.

Normally I feel the criticism of Mikel is overdone, and I still feel that that is the case in general, but my god he seemed DIRE today. The only reason I say 'seemed' is because surely he must have been doing SOMETHING right to convince Mourinho to let him play the entire match. He was bypassed time and time again by the simplest forward passes through our DM zone, failed to pick up his man on countless occasions, and added in a few lazy challenges and clearances for good measure. Not acceptable, and a real shame as well because I quite liked what I had seen from him in previous appearances this season.

Cannot fathom his selection, couldn't understand why the hell he played a full game either, just baffling?!

And before the Mikel tinted brigade get on here I praised his performance against Stoke recently but there's no defending that performance........woeful.

In all fairness to Mikel, I don't know why Jose prefers him over Ramires especially when you already have Matic on the pitch.

Don't even blame Mikel today, Jose's selection was way too respective of Liverpool. No way we should've given up possession as much as we did today.

Don't even blame Mikel today, Jose's selection was way too respective of Liverpool. No way we should've given up possession as much as we did today.

Why not? Jose keeps doing this against teams he think are good, he will always be rightly blamed for such things... But Mikel, he is just a waste of space! Everytime he use to get the ball when we went on a back foot, U could feel it something wrong is going to happen.

I understand it is first leg, get a goal be on the defensive but Mikel over Ramiers just because he a few inches taller is a freaking crime. I blame Mikel and Jose equally.

• 1 month later...