• Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

5 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

No Jorgo and Kova is surprise to me.....still havent figured out why Kova is so much in and out. Especially when he is our pots for us imo.

It may be that he isn't 100% fit. When he has played since the restart he hasn't seemed that sharp to me. Jorgi I am not that surprised about as I thought Gilmour would start. Real surprise to me is no RLC as I would've thought SFL would want to give him minutes and Willian starting again as I would've gone with Pedro. 

Only the 3rd game into the restart and am already concerned Lampard is running certain players into the ground already...
In fairness only 4 players have started the first 3 games.

Kante - Who pretty much plays always
Mount - Young
Rudiger - Our best centre back
Willian - Who is probably leaving end of this year

So whilst I agree we could probably change a few more it's not like we have the same 11 for 3 games in a row

Gilmour starts [emoji119]
I kind of wanted RLC to start instead of mount.. I hope mount is not run into the ground. He's normally very good when he's fresh, just like he was in the beginning of the season...

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

In fairness only 4 players have started the first 3 games.

Kante - Who pretty much plays always
Mount - Young
Rudiger - Our best centre back
Willian - Who is probably leaving end of this year

So whilst I agree we could probably change a few more it's not like we have the same 11 for 3 games in a row

If we are not gonna play a game every 3 days between now and the end of the season, I wouldn't be concerned at all but we are. As it stands, we will be playing every 3 days until the end of the season and the only free week is the final week of the season. If we get to the semi-final here, then that free week is gone. And as much as I would like to see us win the FA Cup again, I'm more concerned about the league right now because we have to get that Top 4 finish. We cannot afford injuries at this point of the season - especially the pesky muscular injuries that we have had so often this season. Kante has had those problems. Mount may be young but we saw what happened when he was flogged to death before the mini-break in February. He was inconsistent and wasn't doing much at all. Has looked better and fresher after that mini-break and season suspension. Willian may well be fine but that doesn't mean we should just brush potential tiredness concerns aside. 

Lineup is a bit strange. I would have loved to see a Kova-Jorgo-Gilmour midfield so much technical and passing ability would have given us control of the midfield with ease. Not including Jorginho looks odd too but I cant see us letting him go just for Sandro who is 29. Maybe he still has fitness issues.

Leicester basically fielding their first 11. clear favourites for this one.

If we are not gonna play a game every 3 days between now and the end of the season, I wouldn't be concerned at all but we are. As it stands, we will be playing every 3 days until the end of the season and the only free week is the final week of the season. If we get to the semi-final here, then that free week is gone. And as much as I would like to see us win the FA Cup again, I'm more concerned about the league right now because we have to get that Top 4 finish. We cannot afford injuries at this point of the season - especially the pesky muscular injuries that we have had so often this season. Kante has had those problems. Mount may be young but we saw what happened when he was flogged to death before the mini-break in February. He was inconsistent and wasn't doing much at all. Has looked better and fresher after that mini-break and season suspension. Willian may well be fine but that doesn't mean we should just brush potential tiredness concerns aside. 
Well yeah it's gonna be a lot of games as it is for all teams in the run up for the season. I agree we need to rotate but it's hard to make that judgement after 3 games. This is our only viable shot at a trophy so I'd agree with playing kante and rudiger. They'd be a good argument for giving willy and mount a rest considering the competition for places particularly in midfield but I think "running people into the ground" is a little strong at this stage

24 minutes ago, King Kante said:

It may be that he isn't 100% fit. When he has played since the restart he hasn't seemed that sharp to me. Jorgi I am not that surprised about as I thought Gilmour would start. Real surprise to me is no RLC as I would've thought SFL would want to give him minutes and Willian starting again as I would've gone with Pedro. 

LC going all out, the winner goes to the semis, this is not a game to give mins just for the sake of it. This is our only chance to win something. Lets hope for the best.