Armando Broja

OhForAGreavsie

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Another useless loan. He is one month there and in that time young Brazilian striker Muniz scored 5 goals for them. Plus Jimenez injured. 

They are the same age but yea Rodrigo Muniz is twice the striker he is. Its not even close.  He should get called up for the seleção soon.

On 02/03/2024 at 17:07, NikkiCFC said:

Another useless loan. He is one month there and in that time young Brazilian striker Muniz scored 5 goals for them. Plus Jimenez injured. 

I don't think anyone thought Muniz would hit such a hot streak. He has been unfortunate in that regard. Our best bet now is that Soton get promoted and take him back on loan and he has a decent season there. 

Who’d of thought another botched loan by us but at least if he doesn’t play a lot we will get a bigger loan fee. Thats primarily why we sent him to Fulham as financially it was a better deal than Wolves. He would of played and improved a lot more at Wolves.

Still mental the club put a £50-60m valuation on him at the beginning of January though, if we got anywhere near £30-35m it would of been a good deal (pure profit for big Todd’s spreadsheet before he runs us into a point deduction next season).

Will be sold in the summer either way but demanding ridiculous amounts of money for him is going to slow down/prevent any sale. If we get between £30-35m for him & £20-25m for both Chalobah & Maatsen just sell them.

No point trying to flog them for this magical £100m figure pretty heavily reported as what we need to balance the books before June this year, as it won’t happen. Punt some of the other useless cunts like Noni and Mudryk. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Do you remember a (yet another promising Brazilian) called Nathan? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_(footballer,_born_1996)

He's been around in multiple Brazilian clubs hardly being able to become a regular starter. He's at Gremio FBPA (my team in Brazil) now and has a hard time even as a sub playing the regional championships (glorified friendlies). Player has no intensity whatsoever.

Point being, that it can be REALLY difficult to move players whose potential was entirely misjudged.

Edited by robsblubot

34 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Do you remember a (yet another promising Brazilian) called Nathan? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_(footballer,_born_1996)

He's been around in multiple Brazilian clubs hardly being able to become a regular starter. He's at Gremio FBPA (my team in Brazil) now and has a hard time even as a sub playing the regional championships (glorified friendlies). Player has no intensity whatsoever.

Point being, that it can be REALLY difficult to move players whose potential was entirely misjudged.

I feel it’s unfair to compare Nathan’s case with Broja’s. 

Broja is a good player, I can definetly see him being an active member(starter or regular sub) for a Premier League team. Players like Maupay, Wissa or Edouard have been around for years, scoring 7-8 goals per season, sometimes very important ones, I feel this is Broja’s level..

Nathan was never even near sitting on a bench on a Premier League game. Broja worked his way up from reserves, and had one full season in PL for Soton. In our current loan army we might have a couple of players like Nathan though. Sold smartly by agent, but nowhere near the expected level. Diego Moreira seems one for sure, looked completely out of quality for us and Lyon too. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was playing for some really low-rated league. 

3 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I feel it’s unfair to compare Nathan’s case with Broja’s. 

Broja is a good player, I can definetly see him being an active member(starter or regular sub) for a Premier League team. Players like Maupay, Wissa or Edouard have been around for years, scoring 7-8 goals per season, sometimes very important ones, I feel this is Broja’s level..

Nathan was never even near sitting on a bench on a Premier League game. Broja worked his way up from reserves, and had one full season in PL for Soton. In our current loan army we might have a couple of players like Nathan though. Sold smartly by agent, but nowhere near the expected level. Diego Moreira seems one for sure, looked completely out of quality for us and Lyon too. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was playing for some really low-rated league. 

Agreed. I was just providing an extreme example to make a point. 👍

Wallace was also one of the worst players Chelsea has ever signed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_(footballer,_born_May_1994)

Edited by robsblubot

On 08/03/2024 at 01:41, robsblubot said:

Agreed. I was just providing an extreme example to make a point. 👍

Wallace was also one of the worst players Chelsea has ever signed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_(footballer,_born_May_1994)

_69281871_wallace3getty.jpg

• 2 weeks later...