Hakim Ziyech

Jase

1 minute ago, Jase said:

Nothing to suggest that we won't go buy another attacker if we sell Ziyech. 

Am sure we will - him scoring yesterday only encouraged Tuchel to say hes still in the last chance saloon effectively,  -which is encouraging.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Barcelona and Dortmund want him. I think he will do better in Dortmund. 

Club will literally laugh at any loan deal come January. 

I will reiterate what Matt Law has stated, any player that's played first team football this season will not be leaving in January. The depth we have will be vital for us if we want to end the season successfully. 

Just watched long 23 minutes highlights. He played part in all 4 goals.

Last 5 games:

assist against Southampton 

disallowed goal, hit the post - overall unlucky game against Newcastle

only goal against Malmo

assist against LC

and today only one assist officially but he took corner for Chalobah goal, great little play before RLC/CHO goal...

CHO and Ziyech undroppable at the moment. Other 5 players fight for one spot.

1 hour ago, Jase said:

They don't count. They came from corners. 

I never said assists from corners don't count I used corners as argument when we spoke about Mount's creativity. Because obviously set piece assists don't show creativity. Just like they don't show Ziyech's creativity but you have good or bad set piece takers. 

I have been calling for set pieces taker change to happen way before it actually happened (after Arsenal game in round 36) and since then we scored 7 goals after corners (6 this season). With MM that percentage was tremendously lower. 

Also I don't think Ziyech is best taker. He should be 3rd after Chilwell and James. 

• 1 month later...

First time since TT is here Hakim started 3 PL games in a row. With Frank also just once he had 4 starts in a row. Apart from that never more than two.

Tbh he was never given run of games.

His return in Chelsea is actually very solid considering this: 12g 8a in 3381 mins (minutes equal to 37,5 games).

His best performance for us so far. Credit to him

And for me, it is his best goal from him

Able to position himself very nicely around the box, find enough space and time to make some calculated shoot, really calm, try to curved the ball and really depend so much with his technique on the ball.

And he just curved it brilliantly. Excellent goal

But apart from that, i noticed in this match, on numerous time he able to find himself enough space and time, to give some nice and meaningful forward pass and occasionally offer some actual threat.

While on the other matches, too often, he just very one dimensional, lack of ideas, isolated, and anytime when he tried to do anything with the ball, feels like desperate and hopeless attempt. Sad to see

In this match, the way he play and also how his teammates operates around him, actually encouraging. I hope that is something tuchel try to implement and build. Not just randomly happened, or because spurs just embarassingly poor

Edited by dimmas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 PL starts in a row. Scored in last 3.

In October and November 2020 is the only time here he also started 4 PL games in a row. Had 2g and 2a.

Apart from that he never started more than 2 PL games in a row in almost 2 seasons.

Very easy to see here that he was never a problem but managers who did not gave him time he needed.

One or two games without contribution and he was benched right away. This was never the case with some others.

Plus he clearly looks better with this system when we play 4atb with wingers. This could be a problem with some other attackers as well.

And his return is quite good. 6g 4a last season in 1900 mins. 7g 4a this season in 1800 mins. This is less minutes together than Mount and Werner played just last season.

Edited by NikkiCFC

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...