Hakim Ziyech

Jase

I see he is still most criticized player in game thread and among fan base...

But to be fair to him he started last 3 games and somehow delivered... Assist against Southampton for only goal, against Newcastle scored great goal but disallowed because of offside and hit the post so was unlucky not to score there... And today scored only goal... Just like CHO played part in goals... Was not this our biggest problem? Lukaku is 100m striker who did not scored in last 7 games he played... Mount went almost 6 months without goal before Norwich... Havertz is missing a lot of chances... So Hakim deserves some credit and to start more games just like CHO...

35 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I see he is still most criticized player in game thread and among fan base...

But to be fair to him he started last 3 games and somehow delivered... Assist against Southampton for only goal, against Newcastle scored great goal but disallowed because of offside and hit the post so was unlucky not to score there... And today scored only goal... Just like CHO played part in goals... Was not this our biggest problem? Lukaku is 100m striker who did not scored in last 7 games he played... Mount went almost 6 months without goal before Norwich... Havertz is missing a lot of chances... So Hakim deserves some credit and to start more games just like CHO...

I swear you're a troll. 

13 minutes ago, Jase said:

I swear you're a troll. 

Well he's got a point there.

Ziyech should be the very first name in the starting XI every time we play Malmo.

Edited by robsblubot

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

I don't see him criticised as much, but to be honest I'm sick of him getting injured like Pulisic...

Ziyech isn't getting much credit because we expect him to do more than what he's doing right now. He's supposed to be at his peak.

Fans will start to respect Ziyech more when he continues being a serious threat and not get injured. The latter is so important.

Ziyech is not even injury prone like Pulisic is. He's literally missed only one game through injury this season. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

I don't see him criticised as much, but to be honest I'm sick of him getting injured like Pulisic...

Ziyech isn't getting much credit because we expect him to do more than what he's doing right now. He's supposed to be at his peak.

Fans will start to respect Ziyech more when he continues being a serious threat and not get injured. The latter is so important.

But it is clear he is last in packing order. Havertz, Pulisic, Werner, Lukaku were all more expensive players. And if you look how much minutes Mount plays it is clear he is regular starter (not so much this season tho).

Of possible 5310mins last season Ziyech played just 1900mins. So 35%. And had 6g and 4a. Scored important goals against Atletico and City 2x. This is good return in very limited time. This season again the same.

Considering all this expectations from him should not be the same as mentioned players. He is basically there to do job when got opportunity and this is what he did. In CC last week and now against weakest opponent in CL.

If you look at game time he is what Origi/Minamino are for Liverpool not Mane/Salah.

Every time he makes mistake people call him shit and names and want him gone... By the look of it some people expect 3 assists from him in every game...

When we signed him I thought realistic expectations from him would be something like 8 goals in a season and around 15 assists. And if he was given regular starter minutes by doing simple math this is exactly what he would have...

But this is reality in big club, too many great players. I am not saying he should be starter here, looking on paper we have better players but I feel people are too harsh on him.

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

But it is clear he is last in packing order. Havertz, Pulisic, Werner, Lukaku were all more expensive players. And if you look how much minutes Mount plays it is clear he is regular starter (not so much this season tho).

Of possible 5310mins last season Ziyech played just 1900mins. So 35%. And had 6g and 4a. Scored important goals against Atletico and City 2x. This is good return in very limited time. This season again the same.

Considering all this expectations from him should not be the same as mentioned players. He is basically there to do job when got opportunity and this is what he did. In CC last week and now against weakest opponent in CL.

If you look at game time he is what Origi/Minamino are for Liverpool not Mane/Salah.

Every time he makes mistake people call him shit and names and want him gone... By the look of it some people expect 3 assists from him in every game...

When we signed him I thought realistic expectations from him would be something like 8 goals in a season and around 15 assists. And if he was given regular starter minutes by doing simple math this is exactly what he would have...

But this is reality in big club, too many great players. I am not saying he should be starter here, looking on paper we have better players but I feel people are too harsh on him.

I agree Ziyech is doing a just about adequate job for an attacker no. 6 and a 30m signing. It is probably more down to the constellation of a  multiple factors he get so much shit.The hype he received due to his exploits at Ajax, him beign so much older than the rest of our attackers bar Rom, plus his ponderous playing style where he takes ages on the ball to curl in his passes and takes so many shots. He is just extremely frustrating to watch. But at least he does try those shots and in general is different in playing style than our other attackers. So i don't mind the job he is doing as a last resort option, i just wish he was a bit less frustrating, quicker and more efficient at it.

He's a Youtube player, will make a wonderful pass or a great goal, after 10 absolutely horrendous misses. He's very decent off the ball and presses relatively well, but we can (and should) certainly expect more from him on the ball. Inconsistent is the word for his ball usage I guess.

@NikkiCFC, a player can score a goal and still have had a pretty shitty performance. The goal will "save" the day for the player, but it does not mean that the bad performance did not happen.

It's funny what you mentioned about the Newcastle game and the disallowed goal, him hitting the post and whatnot. I watched the game and he was arguably the worst player on the pitch (first to be taken off if i recall correctly). But watched MOTD that night and they would only show clips with Ziyech's involvement, to the extent that one would believe he was the best player on the pitch that day if you had not seen the game. 

As always you focus on G+A only, that's not all there is.. 

49 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I still want him gone and upgrade him. 

I wonder if newscastle would want him and if he would go there? 

But to me we can do better then him

If he were to leave it would be outside the Prem. No way does he fancy this league. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

I still want him gone and upgrade him. 

I wonder if newscastle would want him and if he would go there? 

But to me we can do better then him

I think we have a very talented player there - but with his attitude of 'not really bothered that much if it goes in or not' I tend to agree. 

The danger is he turns into another De Bruyne, Salah if another manager gets the best out of him

14 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I think we have a very talented player there - but with his attitude of 'not really bothered that much if it goes in or not' I tend to agree. 

The danger is he turns into another De Bruyne, Salah if another manager gets the best out of him

He turns 29 next year though, completely different scenario to the De Bruyne and Salah situations. 

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Doesnt mean a different manager could get a lot more out of him though

But he's at his peak age, he's supposed to be the finished article and yet his performances have been inconsistent. If he goes somewhere else and does well, it could be down to several factors why that could be the case, such as the nature of the league for example as opposed to the manager not getting the best out of him. And not to mention, Ziyech has also gotten more chances than De Bruyne and Salah ever did here. 

3 minutes ago, Jase said:

But he's at his peak age, he's supposed to be the finished article and yet his performances have been inconsistent. If he goes somewhere else and does well, it could be down to several factors why that could be the case, such as the nature of the league for example as opposed to the manager not getting the best out of him. And not to mention, Ziyech has also gotten more chances than De Bruyne and Salah ever did here. 

Yes if he went somewhere else and did well it would be a right pisser. Thats the risk really.