Jadon Sancho

El P.

36 minutes ago, chippy said:

Yep!

Over the next two summer windows I'd move on Kovacic and Jorgi. Don't care which one goes first though. 

Yeah I'd wager the majority of fans will disagree with you. If one had to move on it would be Jorginho and the rest we'd keep at all costs. I'd also personally keep Ziyech as he has something none of our attackers have. 

I'd personally give Dortumund CHO + cash. 

4 hours ago, chippy said:

Can see why no other top clubs were interested in him. Number one on my list to sell this summer!

As for Sancho? 

If we're going to make a big transfer,  then I'd  much rather we put in a bid for Grealish. Unlike Sancho, he's a proven, top quality  Premiership player and exactly the kind of player we could do with in midfield, which is a player who can do some damage with the football.

Offer them Kovacic, Ziyech + cash or. Tammy if he wants to leave.

It would be insult for Kovacic and Ziyech to even be linked with Villa. 

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Yeah I'd wager the majority of fans will disagree with you. If one had to move on it would be Jorginho and the rest we'd keep at all costs. I'd also personally keep Ziyech as he has something none of our attackers have. 

I'd personally give Dortumund CHO + cash. 

Yes, i'm in a minority wanting to sell Kova, but that doesn't stop me from thinking he's not good enough for a team with title ambitions. He's not that great defensively and brings next to nothing at the other end of the pitch. 

When he's with the ball ten yards inside the opposition half, he's thinking about who hr can pass it on to asp. When Grealish is in that position he's  thinking about getting a shot at goal or setting one up for a Villa player. We desperately need a player like that.

I would take Sancho over any winger we currently have. 

He is a World Class player who performs at the highest level week in, week out. 

And he isn't even at his peak yet.

Edited by DDA

21 minutes ago, DDA said:

I would take Sancho over any winger we currently have. 

He is a World Class player who performs at the highest level week in, week out. 

And he isn't even at his peak yet.

Proven goal scorer as well. I'd chuck 50 million + CHO. 

On 16/05/2021 at 18:36, Special Juan said:

Ziyech is laughable, absolute shit can of a footballer.

This is not what everyone was saying when we signed him

On 19/05/2021 at 16:38, chippy said:

Can see why no other top clubs were interested in him. Number one on my list to sell this summer!

It's a buyer beware warning. Anytime a supposedly top level player is available to Chelsea it is because none of the more immediately attractive clubs is interested. One 'big' club might misjudge a player and pass because they fail to recognise his level or perhaps because they don't have a need. When every club ahead of Chelsea pass however, there is always a reason for that. This brings us back to Sancho.

I'm not saying you refuse to buy a player because the clubs players generally prefer to join don't want him. I am saying though that you accurately calibrate the footballer you are chasing and avoid being suckered into overpaying. Havertz is a good example. I'm glad we have him but as soon as it became clear that we might actually get Kai I realised that I had been overrating him and toned down my expectations. This may also bring us back to Sancho.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's a buyer beware warning. Anytime a supposedly top level player is available to Chelsea it is because none of the more immediately attractive clubs is interested. One 'big' club might misjudge a player and pass because they fail to recognise his level or perhaps because they don't have a need. When every club ahead of Chelsea pass however, there is always a reason for that. This brings us back to Sancho.

I'm not saying you refuse to buy a player because the clubs players generally prefer to join don't want him. I am saying though that you accurately calibrate the footballer you are chasing and avoid being suckered into overpaying. Havertz is a good example. I'm glad we have him but as soon as it became clear that we might actually get Kai I realised that I had been overrating him and toned down my expectations. This may also bring us back to Sancho.

Good points.

The fee for Kai was ridiculous. For sure, sometimes clubs take a punt on young talent and pay good money for them, but the money we paid for Kai was a proven talent level fee.

I'd also be very wary about spending a huge amount on Sancho. Doing well in the German league is very different from being able to cut it at a top four club in England.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

By who? I don't think the club regard him as such.

I am more talking about fans in the ground. When I go I find AC never gets mentioned as a HG player, whereas Ethan does.

13 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Think the main reason no one went for Ziyech is because he played in the Dutch Eredivisie. Players who come to the Premier League from that league do not have a great record in England.

And the main reason why we were able to get Havertz unopposed was because the others couldn't afford him last summer, when the pandemic first hit clubs. We could afford him because of Roman and the unspent money from the summer before.

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am more talking about fans in the ground. When I go I find AC never gets mentioned as a HG player, whereas Ethan does.

I'm really surprised by this because that is not what I found. Anyway, I'm on record as saying that I do not think Ethan will make it as a Chelsea player. Hopefully for the lad I will be wrong.

2 hours ago, Jas said:

Think the main reason no one went for Ziyech is because he played in the Dutch Eredivisie. Players who come to the Premier League from that league do not have a great record in England.

And the main reason why we were able to get Havertz unopposed was because the others couldn't afford him last summer, when the pandemic first hit clubs. We could afford him because of Roman and the unspent money from the summer before.

On Hakim, did that stop clubs in Germany, Italy and Spain wanting to take him? Stories like these are publicised but I do not believe them. If there was a player a top club genuinely wanted they would have thrown their hats into the ring.

21 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

On Hakim, did that stop clubs in Germany, Italy and Spain wanting to take him? Stories like these are publicised but I do not believe them. If there was a player a top club genuinely wanted they would have thrown their hats into the ring.

Can't remember if there were other clubs interested in him. We confirmed the signing in February last year, IIRC.

35 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't know how far things went with regards to bids, etc but there appeared to be a very public pursuit by Bayern for him in the summer of 2019 but I don't think they could come to an agreement with Ajax and Ziyech signed a new contract and agreed to stay an extra year.

I'm reserving judgement on all the summer signings and want to see how they fare in season 2 when fans are back and they are able to start living a bit more of a normal life whilst adapting to a new country and culture. I think Werner and Havertz in particular will be a success during their Chelsea careers but I'm also not prepared to give up on him so easily. I think his skillset is unique in comparison to our other attackers.

16 hours ago, Jas said:

Can't remember if there were other clubs interested in him. We confirmed the signing in February last year, IIRC.

His agent would certainly have investigated if there was any interest from other clubs. If, say, Bayern had been interested and they offered him a realistic prospect of being in the regular rotation, Hakim wouldn't be here.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

His agent would certainly have investigated if there was any interest from other clubs. If, say, Bayern had been interested and they offered him a realistic prospect of being in the regular rotation, Hakim wouldn't be here.

Ziyech should be in no position to reject Southampton let alone a better team, this guy is a complete fraud.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You