Jadon Sancho

El P.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jason said:

Wonder if United (again) or any other club would go for him this summer. Things have gone very quiet on the transfer front with Sancho. 

I still expect Sancho to end up in PL next season.  

Edited by Blues Forever

7 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

I still expect Sancho to end up in PL next season.  

If Dortmund sell Sancho this summer, then I can't see them selling Haaland as well, unless they don't qualify for the Champions League. 

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Agree, i don't expect Dortmund to sell Haaland this summer. 

Dortmund are really in a tricky position with Haaland. Try to sell him this summer and they could potentially get over 100 million for him, assuming someone is willing to pay that money. If not, then Haaland's release clause of just under 70 million euros (IIRC) will activate next summer. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Dortmund are really in a tricky position with Haaland. Try to sell him this summer and they could potentially get over 100 million for him, assuming someone is willing to pay that money. If not, then Haaland's release clause of just under 70 million euros (IIRC) will activate next summer. 

According to bild Haaland release clause is actually around €100m. No idea what is the real amount since Ruhr Nachricten (Dortmund mouthpiece) also didn't mention it.

Edited by Blues Forever

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2021 at 14:30, Jason said:

I think a lot depends on whether Dortmund qualify for the CL or not. Of they do not I see one or both or Sancho and Haaland being sold. 

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I think a lot depends on whether Dortmund qualify for the CL or not. Of they do not I see one or both or Sancho and Haaland being sold. 

But who's gonna buy them?

Only United were seriously interested in Sancho last summer. Are there more clubs suddenly interested now? Even United seem to have cooled interest in him.

Haaland could of course be sold but if Dortmund stick to their asking price, will anyone pay that kind of money for him? 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

But who's gonna buy them?

Only United were seriously interested in Sancho last summer. Are there more clubs suddenly interested now? Even United seem to have cooled interest in him.

Haaland could of course be sold but if Dortmund stick to their asking price, will anyone pay that kind of money for him? 

With no CL Dortmund would need to start to get more realistic. 

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

With no CL Dortmund would need to start to get more realistic. 

They are taking a financial hit, like every other club, but not sure they're in a desperate financial situation that they have to sell their best players if they don't qualify. Am sure Dortmund are aware that they might not qualify for the Champions League when they set their Haaland price tag, assuming it's true.

Any rumours of us going in for him? I assume his price won't be as big as last year and we have some good players Dortmund might be interested in.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

They are taking a financial hit, like every other club, but not sure they're in a desperate financial situation that they have to sell their best players if they don't qualify. Am sure Dortmund are aware that they might not qualify for the Champions League when they set their Haaland price tag, assuming it's true.

Personally, I do not believe the price tag. The reason for this is due to his buyout. Now I know there are rumours going around his (Håland's) buyout isn't a thing but I am not buying that as otherwise all of Europe's top clubs would've been all over him last season when he left Salzburg. That consequently caps his price this season as the next he is going to leave. 

That gives Dortmund two choices, take €100-110m now or keep him for a extra season (potentially without CL) and lose the next for €65-70m. 

If they get CL they may be able to push the price up or keep hold, but without it they'll need to plug the gap, as they are the type of team that balance the books. 

As for Sancho, they probably should've taken the money last summer as his value is less now. I reckon this will also be considered when it comes to Håland. 

16 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Personally, I do not believe the price tag. The reason for this is due to his buyout. Now I know there are rumours going around his (Håland's) buyout isn't a thing but I am not buying that as otherwise all of Europe's top clubs would've been all over him last season when he left Salzburg. That consequently caps his price this season as the next he is going to leave. 

That gives Dortmund two choices, take €100-110m now or keep him for a extra season (potentially without CL) and lose the next for €65-70m. 

If they get CL they may be able to push the price up or keep hold, but without it they'll need to plug the gap, as they are the type of team that balance the books. 

I think Dortmund are prepared to take the hit with selling Haaland for cheaper next season. They can use him to make sure they have a good chance of qualifying for Champions League in 2021/22 season. Otherwise, no guarantee they can find a replacement with similar output. And this is the same club after all that didn't sell Lewandowski to Bayern in 2013, let him run down the final year of his contract and ended up losing him for free.

56 minutes ago, King Kante said:

As for Sancho, they probably should've taken the money last summer as his value is less now. I reckon this will also be considered when it comes to Håland. 

2019/20 

3300 minutes 20 goals 20 assists

2020/21

tracking to 16/17 goals, 21/22 assists on a worse team

in 3300 minutes

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You