Jadon Sancho

El P.

13 hours ago, Vesper said:

2019/20 

3300 minutes 20 goals 20 assists

2020/21

tracking to 16/17 goals, 21/22 assists on a worse team

in 3300 minutes

The problem is the market seems even more depressed than last summer. Additionally he has a year less and whilst his stats are on track to be similar, he hasn't shown much improvement from last season. That affects his price in the sense that some may worry his peak level isn't going to be as high as it looked it could reach last summer. 

14 hours ago, Jason said:

I think Dortmund are prepared to take the hit with selling Haaland for cheaper next season. They can use him to make sure they have a good chance of qualifying for Champions League in 2021/22 season. Otherwise, no guarantee they can find a replacement with similar output. And this is the same club after all that didn't sell Lewandowski to Bayern in 2013, let him run down the final year of his contract and ended up losing him for free.

Let's see. For Dortmund it is a case of selling Håland this Summer or next. He is going either way.

If they do get CL then for sure, I think there is a good chance he stays, if not I think there is a good chance he leaves. This is because: 

1) they will have to take a serious hit on his fee next season if they keep as his value will never be higher owing to his buyout.

2 ) I am not sure he would be happy to not play in the CL as he knows he only has a year left there so it is not as if it is going to be a one year blip in a 5 year+ plan.

3 ) if he isn't sold Dortmund will have to sell other players / not be able to buy better players. If they do not qualify this year, with there current crop, then there is no guarantee, even with Håland, that they qualify next, especially with a weaker side. 

For me, if Dortmund do not get CL there is very little chance Håland stays, if they do, it will increase their chances as they have more ability to ask for a ridiculous fee and can take a hit owing to ongoing CL finances. 

30 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Let's see. For Dortmund it is a case of selling Håland this Summer or next. He is going either way.

If they do get CL then for sure, I think there is a good chance he stays, if not I think there is a good chance he leaves. This is because: 

1) they will have to take a serious hit on his fee next season if they keep as his value will never be higher owing to his buyout.

2 ) I am not sure he would be happy to not play in the CL as he knows he only has a year left there so it is not as if it is going to be a one year blip in a 5 year+ plan.

3 ) if he isn't sold Dortmund will have to sell other players / not be able to buy better players. If they do not qualify this year, with there current crop, then there is no guarantee, even with Håland, that they qualify next, especially with a weaker side. 

For me, if Dortmund do not get CL there is very little chance Håland stays, if they do, it will increase their chances as they have more ability to ask for a ridiculous fee and can take a hit owing to ongoing CL finances. 

That Haaland will leave this summer or next summer is clear.

The point is Dortmund would prefer to sell him next summer and are seemingly willing to take the hit from his price fee, even if they qualify for the Champions League this season. So what's to say that they can't or won't do the same if they don't qualify?

Would Dortmund necessarily be weaker if they have to sell 1-2 players not named Haaland? It feels like they have had a similar issue as us. They lost their way under Favre and then hired an inexperienced interim manager who has failed to provide any sort of improvement. Who knows if they could get back to their old levels under Marco Rose, who of course was Haaland's former manager at Salzburg. 

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

The problem is the market seems even more depressed than last summer. Additionally he has a year less and whilst his stats are on track to be similar, he hasn't shown much improvement from last season. That affects his price in the sense that some may worry his peak level isn't going to be as high as it looked it could reach last summer. 

fair points

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

I kinda hope we somehow offload Ziyech before his value plummets, I don't see him making it in the PL and get Sancho in his place.

Sadly that is probably wishful thinking on both ends. Pretty sure we will stick with the wingers we have andbe in the hunt for other positions. At the point we bought him, Ziyech was a shrewd deal. he impressed in CL and he had the creativity weneeded so much. His injury somehow killed his rhythm.

Sancho to manUre is written in stone already i feel. however i am not that bothered. they already have the exact same player type mutliple times in their squad and will hardly get a new dimension.

15 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sadly that is probably wishful thinking on both ends. Pretty sure we will stick with the wingers we have andbe in the hunt for other positions. At the point we bought him, Ziyech was a shrewd deal. he impressed in CL and he had the creativity weneeded so much. His injury somehow killed his rhythm.

Sancho to manUre is written in stone already i feel. however i am not that bothered. they already have the exact same player type mutliple times in their squad and will hardly get a new dimension.

But we lack a Sancho in this team, Ziyech was supposed to be that but he is awful beyond belief, I refuse to believe the rumours that Tuchel is happy with him no way this can be possible with his on field performances since Tuchel got here.

Edited by R2D2

Just now, R2D2 said:

But we lack a Sancho in this team, Ziyech was supposed to be that but he is awful beyond belief, I refuse to believe those rumours that Tuchel is happy with Ziyech no way this can be possible with his on field performances since Tuchel got here.

I agree but at the time we bought him we lacked someone with a quality final ball like Ziyech for ajax instead of a proficient dribbler like Sancho which we got in Pulisic. But then again you can never have enough good dribblers in your team. IMO if you want to win things you need at least 2, better 3 or 4.

On 25/04/2021 at 01:44, Magic Lamps said:

I agree but at the time we bought him we lacked someone with a quality final ball like Ziyech for ajax instead of a proficient dribbler like Sancho which we got in Pulisic. But then again you can never have enough good dribblers in your team. IMO if you want to win things you need at least 2, better 3 or 4.

Sancho is overpriced that is the problem. I have said it for a while, but as a 21 year old he is much better off staying at Dortmund for another two years playing week in, week out and then leave on a free and pick up a massive signing on bonus and huge wage elsewhere as he will only be 23 when his contract expires. 

Edited by King Kante

43 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

BILD saying its us and Liverpool after Sancho? Really? Hopefully that means we'll see less of the 343 next season. 

No way Tuchel keeps the 5 at the back, I think it suited us and had to make fast adjustments but next season gonna move trying to attack more is my guess. Sancho would be an incredible addition.

Edited by R2D2

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

BILD saying its us and Liverpool after Sancho? Really? Hopefully that means we'll see less of the 343 next season. 

As TT said formations count for nothing, its the manner in which you utilize the system that is crucial. I for one cant see us switching, we are very stable with this system now.....and 343 is nothing new anymore, since we revolutionized the formation under Conte everyone been using it.

35 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

As TT said formations count for nothing, its the manner in which you utilize the system that is crucial. I for one cant see us switching, we are very stable with this system now.....and 343 is nothing new anymore, since we revolutionized the formation under Conte everyone been using it.

Yeah, people are hitting the crack pipe too hard if they think 3atb isn't going to be used next season. The amount of control we have with it means you would have to be absolutely insane to switch to a back 4. I mean lets look at us in a back 4? All this season and last season, people just ran straight through us and our games resembled basketball matches. No way do you go back to that to get a extra AM on the pitch when you can do that anyway by deploying one as a WB if needs be. Our problem is a lack of instinctive goalscorer and that we have had to switch formations mid-season. 

Furthermore, people need to remember all formations aren't prefect and it is about the one that provides you with the best opportunity to win. 3atb is that for us and has been since Conte's time. Lets learn from our mistakes rather than repeat them. 

36 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Just now, King Kante said:

Yeah, people are hitting the crack pipe too hard if they think 3atb isn't going to be used next season. The amount of control we have with it means you would have to be absolutely insane to switch to a back 4. I mean lets look at us in a back 4? All this season and last season, people just ran straight through us and our games resembled basketball matches. No way do you go back to that to get a extra AM on the pitch when you can do that anyway by deploying one as a WB if needs be. Our problem is a lack of instinctive goalscorer and that we have had to switch formations mid-season. 

Furthermore, people need to remember all formations aren't prefect and it is about the one that provides you with the best opportunity to win. 3atb is that for us and has been since Conte's time. Lets learn from our mistakes rather than repeat them. 

This system has a time and place but if you think we can carry on next season utillizing only this system for 60+ games, I think you both will be in a very rude awakening. 

The part in bold is the biggest misconception. The problem is collective with regards to decision making. What isn't making things better is the lack of attacking options, which only further emphasizes how wasteful we are. We are relying on 3 players to provide the attacking influence in a 343 when a 433 offers 5. Also, who is this mysterious ST that is going to come and solve our attacking issues single handedly? 

23 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This system has a time and place but if you think we can carry on next season utillizing only this system for 60+ games, I think you both will be in a very rude awakening. 

The part in bold is the biggest misconception. The problem is collective with regards to decision making. What isn't making things better is the lack of attacking options, which only further emphasizes how wasteful we are. We are relying on 3 players to provide the attacking influence in a 343 when a 433 offers 5. Also, who is this mysterious ST that is going to come and solve our attacking issues single handedly? 

So, you're prepared for us to go back to defending like the keystone cops in order to get an extra AM further up the pitch? 

Just now, King Kante said:

So, you're prepared for us to go back to defending like the keystone cops in order to get an extra AM further up the pitch? 

I've stated that the priority next season is an Elite DM and CB, and Aguero for a couple seasons considering the lack of real options. I like the 343 but when 80% of the teams we face will have a low block, it makes the system redundant. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You