Jadon Sancho

El P.

37 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, people are hitting the crack pipe too hard if they think 3atb isn't going to be used next season. The amount of control we have with it means you would have to be absolutely insane to switch to a back 4. I mean lets look at us in a back 4? All this season and last season, people just ran straight through us and our games resembled basketball matches. No way do you go back to that to get a extra AM on the pitch when you can do that anyway by deploying one as a WB if needs be. Our problem is a lack of instinctive goalscorer and that we have had to switch formations mid-season. 

Furthermore, people need to remember all formations aren't prefect and it is about the one that provides you with the best opportunity to win. 3atb is that for us and has been since Conte's time. Lets learn from our mistakes rather than repeat them. 

Agree, I dont see TT changing systems, the defenders we have for one are perfect for 343

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This system has a time and place but if you think we can carry on next season utillizing only this system for 60+ games, I think you both will be in a very rude awakening. 

The part in bold is the biggest misconception. The problem is collective with regards to decision making. What isn't making things better is the lack of attacking options, which only further emphasizes how wasteful we are. We are relying on 3 players to provide the attacking influence in a 343 when a 433 offers 5. Also, who is this mysterious ST that is going to come and solve our attacking issues single handedly? 

Why shouldnt we? If it keeps on yielding results, if keep on being solid why change it? We create enough chances, just not clinical enough as of yet. Any killer upfront will do, doesnt have to be Haarland etc. I think we will still do good with 433 ( as I said its how you utilize it that counts ) but I dont see TT changing unless its a must. At the end of the day I really dont care how we set up, just as long as the desire hunger and intensity are evident.

25 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Agree, I dont see TT changing systems, the defenders we have for one are perfect for 343

Why shouldnt we? If it keeps on yielding results, if keep on being solid why change it? We create enough chances, just not clinical enough as of yet. Any killer upfront will do, doesnt have to be Haarland etc. I think we will still do good with 433 ( as I said its how you utilize it that counts ) but I dont see TT changing unless its a must. At the end of the day I really dont care how we set up, just as long as the desire hunger and intensity are evident.

Dropping points against Wolves, Saints, Leeds, Brighton, and West Brom isn't what I consider yielding results. We've failed to capitalise on several games and are fortunate enough Liverpool experienced this utter collapse.

This system is useful against top teams but completely redundant against lower opposition when we need more attacking influence vs only 3 this current system provides. 

4 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Doubt it, several sources said Dortmund want Depay or Malen as Sancho replacement.

Some saying both have been ruled out.
  • (Likely) Deadline for the gentleman's agreement: the start of Dortmund's training camp (possibly end of July)
  • Teams interested: Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United
  • Dortmund have yet to receive an offer
  • Sancho's successors: both Memphis Depay (wages) and Donyell Malen (transfer fee) have been ruled out
Edited by R2D2

This is a great price for Sancho, would be disappointing if we don't go for him if we have the chance, no point getting a 2nd rate striker just to waste more money rather fix the wings once and for all.

Edited by R2D2

Just now, R2D2 said:
Some saying both have been ruled out.
  • (Likely) Deadline for the gentleman's agreement: the start of Dortmund's training camp (possibly end of July)
  • Teams interested: Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United
  • Dortmund have yet to receive an offer
  • Sancho's successors: both Memphis Depay (wages) and Donyell Malen (transfer fee) have been ruled out

Which makes CHO is even more unlikely, as him would be more expensive than both Depay and Malen.

8 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Which makes CHO is even more unlikely, as him would be more expensive than both Depay and Malen.

Depay would demand 200 a week, CHO isn't earning that much as for Malen not sure first time I ever heard of him. Leah mentions that the player might be from PL and I fail to see who else could it be.

Besides that doesn't seem like Tuchel fancies him so I think there is a possibility albeit not very likely, Bild mentions that we and Liverpool believe he will be a top echelon player so maybe we don't want to miss out on him, similar like with Havertz.

Edited by R2D2

Just now, R2D2 said:

Depay would demand 200 a week, CHO isn't earning that much as for Malen not sure first time I ever heard of him. Leah mentions that the player might be from PL and I fail to see who else could it be.

Besides that doesn't seem like Tuchel fancies him so I think there is a possibility albeit not very likely, Bild mentions that we and Liverpool believe he will be a top echelon player and maybe we don't want to miss out on him, similar like with Havertz.

Very unlikely, Depay earning is around €90k a week less than CHO at here. Depay would be a free transfer this summer, so this makes him more appealing to Dortmund than CHO.

1 minute ago, Blues Forever said:

Very unlikely, Depay earning is around €90k a week less than CHO at here. Depay would be a free transfer this summer, so this makes him more appealing to Dortmund than CHO.

Depay will demand a high wage probably, thing is he is already 27 years old and has little resell value maybe they fancy someone like Hudson who is just 20 and has a lot more potential. Either way I hope Sancho doesn't end up at United.

18 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Dropping points against Wolves, Saints, Leeds, Brighton, and West Brom isn't what I consider yielding results. We've failed to capitalise on several games and are fortunate enough Liverpool experienced this utter collapse.

This system is useful against top teams but completely redundant against lower opposition when we need more attacking influence vs only 3 this current system provides. 

Westbrom was just a a shitshow after another int games, Wolves was his first match, the rest we had chances to finish the job. This team under TT need more time together and we are golden, add a Camavinga and a killer upfront and we are def flying. I guess we will see MB, as long as we do good im set.

18 hours ago, R2D2 said:

Depay will demand a high wage probably, thing is he is already 27 years old and has little resell value maybe they fancy someone like Hudson who is just 20 and has a lot more potential. Either way I hope Sancho doesn't end up at United.

If the asking price is €85m then what is the deal if we can somehow combine CHO into it? €40m plus CHO? I mean, didn't we turn down £60m from Bayern last season? 

How come Sancho is the hot topic again? He went under radar for a while and now it seems like everyone is all over him again. Agent's job, media clickbait or is he actually good again?

Anyone remembers the Leon Bailey hype back then, lol?

Edited by Vegetable

41 minutes ago, King Kante said:

If the asking price is €85m then what is the deal if we can somehow combine CHO into it? €40m plus CHO? I mean, didn't we turn down £60m from Bayern last season? 

CHO hasn't really kicked on as much as I hoped he would this season, but I do hope we give him another season to see if can be the player we want and need.

With Tammy probably leaving and maybe Tomori as well, it would be kind of sad to see Mount being the only one left of that group of youngsters who we had so much hope in for the future, not all that long ago.

Just now, chippy said:

CHO hasn't really kicked on as much as I hoped he would this season, but I do hope we give him another season to see if can be the player we want and need.

With Tammy probably leaving and maybe Tomori as well, it would be kind of sad to see Mount being the only one left of that group of youngsters who we had so much hope in for the future, not all that long ago.

Oops! Forgot about James. Possibly because I rate him less than the others.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You