Borussia Monchengladbach 2-2 Chelsea

Jase

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

When is Rudi comin back? Anyway decent match and plenty to highlight Lamps what we lack and what we do good. Im off to date with a nice good clean girl, may you all have a good saturday night, take care:cig:

lol at clean girl

us dirty ones are MUCH more fun:cig:

The most important player for our defense is actually Kante. If Kante is in his prime mode again, we will look way better. RLC is also good in the defensive phase (I know Sarri words haha) and that should make us way better.  I still can´t decide who our two centre backs should be. Rüdiger and Zouma lack too much in technique and Rüdiger is not that good in his position game. Zouma is too bad at passing, but that pair would be physical beasts. Luiz and Rüdiger is also not that good and we could see that last season. Rüdiger grew on me later on the season, but Luiz has to many weaknesses. But in the offensive point of view,he is one of the best in the world...

Christensen is a player that has a lot of qualitites, but really needs to get more strenght. Right now, I think Rüdiger and Luiz/Christensen would be the best starting CBs for the season.But don´t forget the fact that Azpi is not doing great either...

Only Emerson should be a starter because he is speed will be very beneficial for us and he has good technique. He is better than Alonso, who showed tonight that he does not think when he defends...

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Do think we will have to accept that as long as Jorginho is in the team we must take the good with the bad. He's great on the ball and as an outlet for Kepa and the CB's when they're being pressed. But he's a big Achilles heel in quick turnover situations. Opponents will continue to target his area and he will certainly struggle against athletic midfields. With Luiz behind him....yikes.

Kante hopefully moving back to his natural position will improve things. God, I hope so. I could see us really struggling this season defensively if he doesn't.

He'll be out of the team if Kovacic learns a few things from Frank. Kante of course is untouchable.

3 minutes ago, Bosnian Blue said:

He'll be out of the team if Kovacic learns a few things from Frank. Kante of course is untouchable.

Nah, Jorginho's skill set is just much greater than Kova's. He offers way more. All of those long balls into channels that he loves to play should be much more dangerous with Pulisic, Mount, and hopefully soon CHO getting on the end of. Kovacic offers literally zero offensive output and is also suspect as hell defensively.