• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

We can compete, but definitely not tonight.

One team played like a title chaser, and the other played like a team just trying to sneak into top 4. Our indifferent form following that City game last year led us to this.

Chelsea, I thought played well, especially after getting rid of the false 9 formation..but a title chasing Chelsea and Hazard would have definitely buried those second half chances.

Face it, everything was against us in this game, from the stupid commentators to the media to the crowd. The Salah goal was spectacular.   We were part of some one else's narrative today, so let's just forget about this game and focus on the remaining PL and Europa games. I just hope Rudiger is back again soon.

Yeah it was everything against us. But thats to be expected when team pussies out before the match even starts. 

We defended well in first half. We managed to do that with previous managers. But there was zero determination to score against that lot. They kept attacking us and we let them. Same we did under Conte or Mou. The games in october last year, we at least tried to score. 

If Sarri isnt trying to implement that in this team, why was he even brought here?

I have no idea what Sarri tries to do. At one point he is hellbent on playing Jorginho in bid to play posession football, on the other he tries to fix it so that we dont get embarassed and he loses the job. So we end up playing bunker with Jorginho which makes no sense. 

I agree we need couple players, but even with this team, you can make them play entertaining football, althrough you can expect some heavy defeats. What we do is choke every such game and still lose. 

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Overall Liverpool is above us, but we could do much better tonight.

United is on same level as us though, but I bet we will look clueless again. "Sarriball" apparently, but they will roll all over us until they score and then we will wake up for a bit, Sarri brings on Barkley and another defeat.

I have nothing against a loss if that means development for the future and brings positive to the whole picture. What was positive here? Where were hints of "Sarriball" that will bring us to next level? Klopp was in same boat in the beggining, but at least he played entertaining football and while their defence was shite, they had clear plan forward and needed reinforcements at the back. We play like crap bar couple games and we still lose left and right or barely scrap one goal wins.

We are shit in everything. No attack plan, except for pass it to Hazard. No defensive stability because as soon they press us harder, we look completely clueless. Midfield is nonexistent and lacks any dynamic or creativity. 

We played conte esque bunker tonight. Almost whole season after Sarri arrival. Where is any development of better playstyle? And dont tell me we dont have players because Klopp managed to play entertaining football with Henderson, Moreno, Wijnaldum and other "average" players. 

Last but not least, for a football under attacking manager, i havent seen such shite attacking organisation. Forget the goals or wins. Check Guardiola, Klopp even in their first seasons etc when they attack, there is chance left and right. When we attack, we manage to do it for 5-10 min and thats it. Then all creativity, determination just dissapears and we rely on individual quality in Hazard.

When he leaves, we are fucked for at least 2 seasons.

(And this isnt just based on tonight performance, but whole season). 

All Sarri "realised" is that we apparently cant compete with top dogs unless we park the bus. Duh, we knew that years now. But he was brought to create attacking football. I would understand loss after loss if our phylosophy actualy developed on pitch, if we became more connected in attack, but there is zero improvement since november and we play even worse than first couple months.

Exactly. Sarri just about a bunch of bullshit. The so called "tactics" today was absolute trash. A big fat zero.

7 minutes ago, Robchels said:

You mistake me for a sarri fan. On the other hand he gets criticized regardless of what he does. Lacking the footballers lingo in English must dismiss his ability to connect with players me thinks.

He speaks English just fine. If he can't convey it, he has Zola to help do so.

Ancelotti's and Conte's English were worse than Sarri's when they first joined and both got on just fine.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

I agree we need couple players, but even with this team, you can make them play entertaining football, althrough you can expect some heavy defeats. What we do is choke every such game and still lose. 

We are FAR from a competing team with only a couple players. 

An upgraded RB, LB, CB, RW, and ST are needed. Especially to play attacking football. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Exactly. Sarri just about a bunch of bullshit. The performance today was absolute trash.

And surely if we were meant to be playing this attacking football we'd have more then 38% of the ball. Saying that even when we have 70 and that we still drop points. 

Its just not happening. Not just today but so many other games. We lost 4-0 to sodding Bournemouth 

We didn't play too badly. I only remember them creating two good chances all game, the Salah one in the opening minutes and their first goal. The commentary/crowd might convince people that they were amazing but in all honestly they had a very good 10 minutes after the break and that's it.

When you're at the top you always seem to get the luck. 1 in 100 goal vs us again (after Sturridge earlier) and teams not taking clear chances against them. They were extremely lucky not to lose to Spurs aswell.

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

When we have the ball the build up is too predicatble.
Would n't change match of we had a better striker but the same build up.
Only Hazard makes some difference - can't be stopped except when fouled

This. We are predictable as hell. Thats why it worked in the start, but no more. 

Ever since we looked like shit. Had two or three good games against average teams and bunch of one goal wins we barely survived. 

If you are predictable, you will never make nice entertaining football because they will read you like a book. And you have to play relaxed, but determined. Sarri is the exact opposite of all that. Our players look predictable as hell and they dont look relaxed nor commited. The results are what they are. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He speaks English just fine. If he can't convey it, he has Zola to help do so.

Ancelotti's and Conte's English were worse than Sarri when they first joined and both got on just fine.

You do know that "Sarri" stands for

Sometimes

A

Really

Rubbish

Interpreter

Personally think starting CHO and no striker was a mistake. Would of rather seen CHO come on as a sub when there where more spaces in that period in the second half than the first when we played deeper. Harsh or not, Hazard fuckd 2 really big chances that you would expect the likes of Sterling, Mane, Salah, to score - one hit the post and one Alisson saved but personally I expected him to score both - and Willian also had a half chance in the first half that he totally made wrong choice and should have shot earlier on his left side. As someone mentioned above they only played really really well for 15 minutes and we didnt play too badly. But 'Sarri out" will be floating about twitter along with the "we dont deserve Eden this team is so shit" garbage that in my eyes, just shows the make up some so called fans. Realisitcally we lost because we failed to score 2 big chances and they scored 2 goals in their wee period. End of story. We built up well enough until we got to the final third again, where it was ponderous.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

This. We are predictable as hell. Thats why it worked in the start, but no more. 

Ever since we looked like shit. Had two or three good games against average teams and bunch of one goal wins we barely survived. 

If you are predictable, you will never make nice entertaining football because they will read you like a book. And you have to play relaxed, but determined. Sarri is the exact opposite of all that. Our players look predictable as hell and they dont look relaxed nor commited. The results are what they are. 

That's it. Having lots of the ball and losing as we have done isn't entertaining. It's bloody annoying 

Had to be Liverpool as well! Another thing over.. Haven't lost there in years oh now we have. 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We are FAR from a competing team with only a couple players. 

An upgraded RB, LB, CB, RW, and ST are needed. Especially to play attacking football. 

But do you see any glimpses of that football under Sarri? 

The difference between average and great players are results. The style can be applied to either as long they fit the technical demands and we certainly have them in this team.

Take Kovacic for example. Wonderful player, but Sarri made him look like Henderson on his worst day. 

10 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yeah it was everything against us. But thats to be expected when team pussies out before the match even starts. 

We defended well in first half. We managed to do that with previous managers. But there was zero determination to score against that lot. They kept attacking us and we let them. Same we did under Conte or Mou. The games in october last year, we at least tried to score. 

If Sarri isnt trying to implement that in this team, why was he even brought here?

I have no idea what Sarri tries to do. At one point he is hellbent on playing Jorginho in bid to play posession football, on the other he tries to fix it so that we dont get embarassed and he loses the job. So we end up playing bunker with Jorginho which makes no sense. 

Implementing a style does not mean you can't be pragmatic. Klopp has had 3/4 years now. Sarri barely one year. Trying to go toe to toe against pool would have been stupid and almost as bad as etihad.

We were in the game, and we could very well have at least drawn it. We were beaten by a better team and by one of he goals of the season. 

10 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Personally think starting CHO and no striker was a mistake. Would of rather seen CHO come on as a sub when there where more spaces in that period in the second half than the first when we played deeper. Harsh or not, Hazard fuckd 2 really big chances that you would expect the likes of Sterling, Mane, Salah, to score - one hit the post and one Alisson saved but personally I expected him to score both - and Willian also had a half chance in the first half that he totally made wrong choice and should have shot earlier on his left side. 

yep

Giroud at CF

CHO as a sub

Pedro has collpsed the last third of the year

Higuain, as predicted by me and others for ages, is pure dogshit

Krzysztof Piatek  35 games, 29 goals and only cost AC Milan 31m quid!!!!!!!!!

and ffs, bench Jorginho against top teams

he is not a top player

weak

unbelievable we cocked up all 3 of the attempted transfers for Barella,  Paredes and Abdoulaye Doucouré AND STILL SOLD CESC

the board is a fucking joke at literally every level

In our last title run, we had better team than Liverpool but in the matches they still tried to win against us and play their game. They could cry they dont have the players but they didnt and they went in games to win them.

In recent seasons, when tables have turned, we parked the bus and let them roll all over us. 

Thats the difference between Sarri and Klopp. Almost a season passed and we revert back to bunker football against big teams. 

I guess some things never change.