• Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

The fuck are you lot on about that we cant compete with them tonight?

We played miles and miles better with SAME team back in october (?). Same applies to City games. 

If anything we turned much worse ever since. 

Barkley is average, not even good for the bench. Christensen and Jorginho are simply too weak for PL. They play in physical positions and they have strength of a 13 year old, so unless they bulk up, they are complete liability for our defense. 

If we can, a striker, new DM and LCM (to rotate with RLC) are absolute must asap. 

One goal is bad from us, I still feel like Emerson was fouled. The other is a wondergoal from Salah that no one can do anything about. Then Hazard had two great chances and Willian had one in the first half.

Lets not go on full blast after this match. Liverpool is a great team in a good moment right now. The performance wasn't as bad as the posts make it out to be.

I am still on Sarri's team.

7 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

so RLC CHO emerson were not enough to fix the squad? now also kovacic is needed on the pitch. ok 

no

I have posted my thoughts on this a hundred times on the board

the squad needs to be liquidated save around 10 players

the only thing I am saying is based off what we do have now, is that Kovacic would be the better option there

Jorginho has utterly collapsed as an effective EPL player

weak, naive, poor in distribution, defence, positioning, tackling, shooting

the full monty of shit

I dont often make absolute statements

but literally ANYONE who thinks Jorginho is up to this level of play

is insane

he has been exposed for months

as big a bust as Bakayoko

he is just a teachers pet by the old smoker

only reason he is on the pitch

I want Sarri and Jorginho the fuck off our team

poison to hopes and dreams of any sustained glory

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Record vs Big 6 away:

L 1-3 Spurs

L 0-2 Arsenal

L 0-6 Man City

L 0-2 Liverpool

Freaking Wolves have a better record against those lot!

Yep.. Not even fluke 1-0 losses either! 

Once they score we're done. We don't do well coming back against any side. 

Not sure why people are getting all worked up over this result. We shouldn't have been banking on this game against a title chasing team to get into top 4 in the first place. And frankly the result has not taught us anything new. If at all it just taught some fans that CHO is not going to be 'THE solution' for us in the future. At least, not immediately.

Liverpool are superior at the moment. Yes false 9 was a gamble for this game, taking in-form Hazard out of his best position and that backfired, but that's something Sarri had to do accommodate both CHO and Willian, who in all fairness was superior to CHO in this game.

I was already expecting this result. To me the league is still not done for us yet. As long as we don't throw away points till we get to the Old Trafford game we still have a chance. Then everything depends on that game.

Hope they don't do something foolish and throw all eggs into the Europa league basket, which will boil down to the outcome of one game (the final) should we even make it there,

maybe sarri started with false nine because he wanted to lose
He started with it to contain a team that have been full of nerves for weeks. 2-0 without a CF, 0-0 with Higuain on the pitch.

If the original plan doesn't work, he needs to be held accountable.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

no

I have posted my thoughts on this a hundred times on the board

the squad needs to be liquidated save around 10 players

the only thing I am saying is based off what we do have now, is that Kovacic would be the better option there

Jorginho has utterly collapsed as an effective EPL player

weak, naive, poor in distribution, defence, positioning, tackling, shooting

the full monty of shit

I dont often make absolute statements

but literally ANYONE who thinks Jorginho is up to this level of play

is insane

he has been exposed for months

as big a bust as Bakayoko

he is just a teachers pet by the old smoker

only reason he is on the pitch

I want Sarri and Jorginho the fuck off our team

poison to hopes and dreams of any sustained glory

yes but CHO today was an absolute zero. emerson too. kovacic is worse than jorginho in every aspects imho.

the only good players of this squad are rudiger kante RLC and hazard. all the rest is a mount of average players 

False 9? no one complained about the poor performance of Odoi. If Hazards 2 chances have gone in, the song here would have been totally different. What else do you want the manager to do? he started Emerson, Loftus and Odoi. If he had dropped Odoi for Hazard and played Giroud or Higuain what exactly do you think will be different. `The 2 strikers are poor to say the least. 

Pound for Pound Liverpool are a a better team and squad than we have, we have been playing snatch and grab for about 6 seasons with more good than bad result, the difference now is that other clubs have improved immensely whilst we have deteriorated badly. This manager was appointed less than a month to the season, inheriting a poor squad and most of the additions have been poor not due to his fault alone.

we suffering from years of mistake in the transfer policy, not Sarri. can Klop or Pep do better than this squad?

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not even angry or annoyed, really. Liverpool are a class above us right now so we were never going to come here and win when they're absolutely desperate to win.

For weeks if not months we've known that it's all about the EL. Hope for the best in the PL but hope is all it is.

The thing that really pisses me off is how just a couple of years ago we were laughing at and making fun of Liverpool. We were miles ahead of them. In such a short time they've eclipsed us and can laugh at us instead. And the gap will likely get bigger once Eden leaves.

If we're talking on a general level, sure, Liverpool are better than us but in this game, they didn't exactly play lights out football, did they? We were coping well against them, restricted them to few clear cut chances but as always, we just went AWOL at the start of the second half and collapsed at the slightest bit of pressure (seriously, what does Sarri say to the players at half time?!). :doh: 

Just now, y10edn said:

False 9? no one complained about the poor performance of Odoi. If Hazards 2 chances have gone in, the song here would have been totally different. What else do you want the manager to do? he started Emerson, Loftus and Odoi. If he had dropped Odoi for Hazard and played Giroud or Higuain what exactly do you think will be different. `The 2 strikers are poor to say the least. 

Pound for Pound Liverpool are a a better team and squad than we have, we have been playing snatch and grab for about 6 seasons with more good than bad result, the difference now is that other clubs have improved immensely whilst we have deteriorated badly. This manager was appointed less than a month to the season, inheriting a poor squad and most of the additions have been poor not due to his fault alone.

we suffering from years of mistake in the transfer policy, not Sarri. can Klop or Pep do better than this squad?

If all of Liverpool's chance had gone in the final score would have been 9-2. You can't start without a striker ;

(1) against the team with the best defense in the league

(2) the false 9 barely ever works. Hazard is no striker.

(3) you can't inhibit your best player

(4) you simply don't change tactics like that when you're experiencing your best form in some time

I was dreading it when I saw the lineup. My interest level in the game took a dive when I saw Hazard was playing out of position again.