Didier Drogba

DYC.

Has anyone seen the video that Chelsea TV uploaded of Hazard and Courtois training?

In Hazards training session you can see Didier and he is practically leading the session. Standing in the centre for the jumping exercise and leading from the front on the little obstacle course (can't think of the correct name).

Its great to see that he is already showing his leadership!

I know he is not young anymore, but I hope he could perform at his best when needed. Surely we cannot relied only on Torres, if something happen to Costa, so I hope Drogba could still do the job.

2 matches spring to mind...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2252r7_all-didier-drogba-goals-vs-arsenal-hd_sport

Has anyone seen the video that Chelsea TV uploaded of Hazard and Courtois training?

In Hazards training session you can see Didier and he is practically leading the session. Standing in the centre for the jumping exercise and leading from the front on the little obstacle course (can't think of the correct name).

Its great to see that he is already showing his leadership!

only for fan plus subscribers :/

Substitution for Chelsea, coming off the field number 19 Diego Costa, to be replaced by number 15 Didier Drogbaaaaaaa

Imagine hearing that when we are coasting or even at 1-0 up against any team in the PL………Oh fuck they think.

dude drogba is 36 years old even lambard at his age quit playing at chelsea, at his age dont expect much from him he just good for the spirit of the team thats all

dude drogba is 36 years old even lambard at his age quit playing at chelsea, at his age dont expect much from him he just good for the spirit of the team thats all

36 yr old drogba still a better hold up player than a 20 something lukaku and current el nino.

36 yr old drogba still a better hold up player than a 20 something lukaku and current el nino.

thats just what u think because u love him but truth best footballer in the world even quit top clubs at this age like ronaldo ronaldinho kaka bekham lambard and the list has more, and u will c what iam saying when he play...that doesnt mean he wont score at all but his score might be like torres or even less

I know he was unfit and all but DD11 is past it, hopefully he becomes more of an impact sub than anything else

That's not how I saw it at all. He was never going to come on and put in a top class performance in his first game of pre season especially when the rest of the team were playing bad, but he still showed glimpses of what he can do, I Think he will have an excellent season!

That's not how I saw it at all. He was never going to come on and put in a top class performance in his first game of pre season especially when the rest of the team were playing bad, but he still showed glimpses of what he can do, I Think he will have an excellent season!

Dont let your emotions judge on this one, we all love Drogba but his just past it, would be surprised if he manages 5 goals all season

Remember the last time he is here, he only got the service from mata, behind him are our legendary players like malouda, kalou, mikel, ramires, etc. Right now he will get the "real service" from hazard, schurrle, oscar, willian, fabregas. Let's see how that works first before making any further judgement.

If you compare Drogba with Lukaku and Torres, then of course, you could say he's better than the two. But in general, Drogba has passed his peak and is no longer the player he once was. He can give us a few good games here and there during the course of the season but don't be surprised if he frustrates more than pleases with his performances. What people seemed to have forgotten is that in the midst of his achievements in the Champions League three seasons ago is that Drogba was effective in the league. In fact, he has been ineffective in the league since the 2009/10 season. So, people really need to avoid having high expectations of him this season or otherwise, there's gonna be a lot of disappointment.

Remember the last time he is here, he only got the service from mata, behind him are our legendary players like malouda, kalou, mikel, ramires, etc. Right now he will get the "real service" from hazard, schurrle, oscar, willian, fabregas. Let's see how that works first before making any further judgement.

Can't help but to feel annoyed whenever I read such views. It's almost ridiculous to say that a player will automatically or is likely to do better just because they have more creative players around them and will get "real service". If it's as black and white as that, then maybe we all should throw our names to the club and volunteer to play since things are so easy with these talents around. Also, people seem to have selective memory. While having the likes of Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar etc is better than having Malouda, Kalou etc, let's not forget we had won trophies with the latter group. To discredit in any way for what they did for the club is almost farcical!