Christian Pulisic

the wes

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Injured AGAIN according to Frank. We were so excited that he was back so quickly and now it sounds like he's a doubt for the weekend as well.

He's made of glass it sad to say. We may never be able to depend on him for huge stretches. Bursts of brilliant games constantly interrupted by niggling injuries.

It was a "discomfort" according to Lampard. So had to take a few steps back.

Same thing also happened with Tomori, IIRC last season. 

Injured AGAIN according to Frank. We were so excited that he was back so quickly and now it sounds like he's a doubt for the weekend as well.
He's made of glass it sad to say. We may never be able to depend on him for huge stretches. Bursts of brilliant games constantly interrupted by niggling injuries.
Shit

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Lampard's full quote on Pulisic...

With Christian, he was training with us last week and had a little bit of discomfort a couple of days ago when he was trying to train with us to be in contention for today. It would have been a big ask for today but he has had to take a few steps back so we'll have to see. That's one that I don't have big news on at the minute. We'll need to wait and see.

This sounds rather familiar with all the "rushing" players back from injury last season.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard's full quote on Pulisic...

This sounds rather familiar with all the "rushing" players back from injury last season.

Yeah, think it'll be another couple of weeks before Frank risks him. Maybe for the 3rd league game he'll be ready.

He’s our best player. we will not be playing at our best as long as he is missing. Same time we should be looking at improving without him cos he is always gonna miss half a season with his fragile body catching injurie slept right Centre. All the more flabbergasting Lampard is refusing too use our only fit winger from the start.

On 16/09/2020 at 11:27 PM, Magic Lamps said:

He’s our best player. we will not be playing at our best as long as he is missing. Same time we should be looking at improving without him cos he is always gonna miss half a season with his fragile body catching injurie slept right Centre. All the more flabbergasting Lampard is refusing too use our only fit winger from the start.

Yep! i've got to be convinced the guy is not made of glass, he just worries me, that's not to say I don't rate him, I rate him very very highly.

44 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yep i got to be convinced the guy is not made of glass, he just worries me, that's not to say I don't rate him, I rate him very very highly.

I really hope now we have Timo, Kai and Hakim, we can get some of the weight off his shoulders. Defenders foul the shit out of him, but now we have 4 players who draw many fouls and oppositions can not risk this many cards,s o they might have to go a bit easier on him. At times tho I think Pulisic is his own worst enemy, he never takes any prisoners in games and always goes full steam when it would sometimes be smarter to jsut glide past challenges and only launch the afterburners when he has space. I feel he oftne just runs straight into defenders at full pace after picking up the ball in midfield. we need to get him into 1on1s in the final third more where he will always be favourite to beat a player for pace without the defender always risking a foul for a penalty or last man challenge.

Let’s pray it stays like that. Pulisic combining with Werner is what I have wanted to see for months now. Also would get Mount off the left wing
Yes, but he will move to the no. 8 position and he does not play that role well either like we have seen against Brighton

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, but he will move to the no. 8 position and he does not play that role well either like we have seen against Brighton

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

If we play 4-2-3-1 there is no no.8 tho. He should obviously not be starting at all. Dont mind him as a squad player but given we can get 50m+ for him we should really look to sell at some point. I think those 3 games (incl the preseason one) have shown that our best midfield is clearly without Mount, RLC and Jorginho.