Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

No, Bruce Willis is not Marlon Brando, but he's an action actor, they're not supposed to give you a wide range of emotions. Willis actually does better than some. He's able to do pissed off, angry, upset, vengeful, ticked off, outraged, and also his specialty, the wry smile. He's good at what he does, but yes, almost anyone can do it. but I have news for you, TV and movie acting is one of the easiest things in the world. You memorize a scene and say the lines. If it's a happy scene, you smile. If it's a sad scene, you look sad. If you get it wrong (or even if you get it right) you do it another, 5, 6 10 times. If the director doesn't like what you're doing, he'll say "that was great, but can I have a bigger smile" or something. Hitchock once said "Actors are cattle" and it's hard to disagree with him. Actors and famous and rich not because they do something that other people can't, but because they hit the jackpot. (Because our society reveres fame itself above all else.)

I never understood why people rate Marlon Brando so highly. I've actually only seen two of his films.

Daniel Day-Lewis is probably the greatest actor of all time for me. My Left Foot, There Will Be Blood, The Boxer, In The Name of the Father, The Last of the Mohicans.

And then there is Dustin Hoffman, Robert de Niro, Al Pacino, Michael Caine, Peter Sellers among others.

Another guy that is fast becoming one of my favourites is Ryan Gosling. Holy fuck, he can act. He was complete rubbish when he started, but after watching movies like Half Nelson, Blue Valentine, Lars and the Real Girl, Drive he has convinced me otherwise.

No, Bruce Willis is not Marlon Brando, but he's an action actor, they're not supposed to give you a wide range of emotions. Willis actually does better than some. He's able to do pissed off, angry, upset, vengeful, ticked off, outraged, and also his specialty, the wry smile. He's good at what he does, but yes, almost anyone can do it. but I have news for you, TV and movie acting is one of the easiest things in the world. You memorize a scene and say the lines. If it's a happy scene, you smile. If it's a sad scene, you look sad. If you get it wrong (or even if you get it right) you do it another, 5, 6 10 times. If the director doesn't like what you're doing, he'll say "that was great, but can I have a bigger smile" or something. Hitchock once said "Actors are cattle" and it's hard to disagree with him. Actors and famous and rich not because they do something that other people can't, but because they hit the jackpot. (Because our society reveres fame itself above all else.)

And for some reason you think that wouldn't be obvious to me i bet?.

I never understood why people rate Marlon Brando so highly. I've actually only seen two of his films.

Daniel Day-Lewis is probably the greatest actor of all time for me. My Left Foot, There Will Be Blood, The Boxer, In The Name of the Father, The Last of the Mohicans.

And then there is Dustin Hoffman, Robert de Niro, Al Pacino, Michael Caine, Peter Sellers among others.

Another guy that is fast becoming one of my favourites is Ryan Gosling. Holy fuck, he can act. He was complete rubbish when he started, but after watching movies like Half Nelson, Blue Valentine, Lars and the Real Girl, Drive he has convinced me otherwise.

Brando was fantastic. He had "it" which is where you couldn't take your eyes off him. (at the end it was because he was so fat, he filled the entire screen). He just dominates any movie he's in. Agree with you that Day Lewis is among the best of this generation for the same reasons. The other actors you mention I'm less in love with. Hoffman is excellent, De Niro is always good but for the past 20 years has just played awful roles, Pacino has been doing nothing but yelling since Scarface. Goseling is excellent as well. Thought he was excellent right away but then was cast in a bunch of crappy romantic movies I never had any interest in watching. The first movie I saw him in was this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Believer_(film)) when he was about 20 and he's amazing.

Brando was fantastic. He had "it" which is where you couldn't take your eyes off him. (at the end it was because he was so fat, he filled the entire screen). He just dominates any movie he's in. Agree with you that Day Lewis is among the best of this generation for the same reasons. The other actors you mention I'm less in love with. Hoffman is excellent, De Niro is always good but for the past 20 years has just played awful roles, Pacino has been doing nothing but yelling since Scarface. Goseling is excellent as well. Thought he was excellent right away but then was cast in a bunch of crappy romantic movies I never had any interest in watching. The first movie I saw him in was this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Believer_(film)) when he was about 20 and he's amazing.

When I think of Al Pacino, I think Serpico, The Godfather Parts 1&2, Dog Day Afternoon, And Justice for All, Donnie Brasco. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE PETER SELLERS? He is pretty much the only reason Dr Strangelove is considered one of the best political satires of all time.

I really can not wait to see Gosling's three new films Only God Forgives, The Place Beyond The Pines and Gangster Squad (damn that is a terrrible title).

When I think of Al Pacino, I think Serpico, The Godfather Parts 1&2, Dog Day Afternoon, And Justice for All, Donnie Brasco. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant.

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE PETER SELLERS? He is pretty much the only reason Dr Strangelove is considered one of the best political satires of all time.

I really can not wait to see Gosling's three new films Only God Forgives, The Place Beyond The Pines and Gangster Squad (damn that is a terrrible title).

I love Sellers as comic actor (which is in some ways harder), never said I didn't. Dr. Strangelove is one of my favourite movies. Funny, dark, just fantastic (although I probably use the phrase "precious bodily fluids" a bit too much in real life.) He was surprisingly good in Lolita too although the movie is too timid to be as good as it should have been (my favourite book directed by one of the greatest directors ever with the screenplay written partially by Nobokov himself so expectations were high...Nobokov later called it, brilliantly of course "the swerves of a scenic drive as perceived by the horizontal passenger of an ambulance"). Really looking forward to Gangster Squad. It's probably going to be awful, but I love gangster movies and Mickey Cohen is a great real-life character.

I love Sellers as comic actor (which is in some ways harder), never said I didn't. Dr. Strangelove is one of my favourite movies. Funny, dark, just fantastic (although I probably use the phrase "precious bodily fluids" a bit too much in real life.) He was surprisingly good in Lolita too although the movie is too timid to be as good as it should have been (my favourite book directed by one of the greatest directors ever with the screenplay written partially by Nobokov himself so expectations were high...Nobokov later called it, brilliantly of course "the swerves of a scenic drive as perceived by the horizontal passenger of an ambulance"). Really looking forward to Gangster Squad. It's probably going to be awful, but I love gangster movies and Mickey Cohen is a great real-life character.

I've given you rep because you stated that Lolita is your favourite novel. Lolita is my favourite also. Nabokov is probably the greatest author of all time, mainly due to his body of works covering so many languages, he mastered Russian, German, French and most notably English. The man was a linguistic genius. I liked Kubrick's Lolita, it's hard not to. But when juxtaposed to the novel, it does indeed fall short.

The 999 line poem of Pale Fire was brilliant, the rest of the novel was brilliant also, albeit boring.

Nabokov ruined the name Lolita in the vein Hitler ruined Adolf.

Ted was hilarious. And Project X = Insanely awesome movie :D

Saw it yesterday crazy film.Apprantly they're making another one but not really sure how they can make it any different lol.A little tea party this time?But the dog was okay lol thats what mattered

And Wrong Turn 4..amazing bad acting!

Friday the 13th.

Decided to watch it again after a long, long time. Didn't even make it to the end though. How that movie is considered a classic in the horror genre I will never understand. And to think that movie scared me to death as a kid haha.

Will watch the second part tonight I think.