Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

Silver Linings Playbook, 9/10

Great film, I'm not a huge fan of rom-coms but this one was so good that I enjoyed every minute of it. Without a doubt one of the best films of last year, and I think it deserves all of the nominations that it has received at the Academy Awards.

Saw it earlier, Jennifer Lawrence is awesome :wub::wub:

One of the best German movies I have seen. I trully recommend to anyone!

the+lives+of+others.jpg

Fantastic movie. I just watched The Master. Paul Thomas Anderson is starting to remind me of Kubrick. His pacing, the depth of characters, the broadness of subject. One of the few directors (along with Coen Bros, Tarantino, Lynch, Malick, Scorsese, Almodovar,) where I'll see almost anything they do because even if I don't like it, or it's flawed, at least it will be worth seeing.

Fantastic movie. I just watched The Master. Paul Thomas Anderson is starting to remind me of Kubrick. His pacing, the depth of characters, the broadness of subject. One of the few directors (along with Coen Bros, Tarantino, Lynch, Malick, Scorsese, Almodovar,) where I'll see almost anything they do because even if I don't like it, or it's flawed, at least it will be worth seeing.

Quite an amazing list!

I love Kubrick, but I must admit I needed to watch The Clorkwork Oragne in potuguese because it was too hard to understand what the guy was saying, lol. Lynch is by far my favourite director, I cant even discribe how much I like him. The Brothers, Tarantino and Almodovar are fine as well. Scorsese had my support until he did Shutter Island, for me it is just a dumb version of Lynch's masterpiece. I have to admit I googled Malick though!

I really think David Fincher is grossly overlooked, his movies have an incredible natural flow and pace. Another great young talent is Neill Blomkamp, but I must see more films before I can fomulate an opinion on him (he only has District 9 and Yellow). When they both get a trully great plot, they will start to get some recognition...

I also believe Christopher Nolan is awesome, but I hate his fan-base and people give him too much credit for things it wasnt his. Not counting that last Batman movie was a disaster, lol.

P.S: Downloading The Master. :P

Quite an amazing list!

I love Kubrick, but I must admit I needed to watch The Clorkwork Oragne in potuguese because it was too hard to understand what the guy was saying, lol. Lynch is by far my favourite director, I cant even discribe how much I like him. The Brothers, Tarantino and Almodovar are fine as well. Scorsese had my support until he did Shutter Island, for me it is just a dumb version of Lynch's masterpiece. I have to admit I googled Malick though!

I really think David Fincher is grossly overlooked, his movies have an incredible natural flow and pace. Another great young talent is Neill Blomkamp, but I must see more films before I can fomulate an opinion on him (he only has District 9 and Yellow). When they both get a trully great plot, they will start to get some recognition...

I also believe Christopher Nolan is awesome, but I hate his fan-base and people give him too much credit for things it wasnt his. Not counting that last Batman movie was a disaster, lol.

P.S: Downloading The Master. :P

I'd recommend the book A Clockwork Orange. It's excellent. I think it would be hell to translate either the book or the film because the language is Russian-influenced English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadsat). Like Tolkien, Burgess was a linguist which explains how both of them were able to create bits of real languages as they used real language patterns. I like Nolan. I think he's a very accomplished filmmaker but I don't consider him an auteur. I agree about Shutter Island. It was ridiculous and blah and I figured out the twist at the end literally about 10 minutes into the movie. I won't watch everything Spielberg makes because he can get way too sentimental for my liking, but he's someone who gets filmmaking and you almost always feel like your in good hands even if the end result is sometimes lacking. I went to his mother's restaurant in L.A. for a lark and she had all his posters up on the wall. She came over and spoke to my sister and I for 10 minutes and was lovely. My favourite surprising director fact. Almost nobody knows who Victor Fleming is now and he really isn't particularly worth remembering, but in one year (1939) he directed The Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind which are two of the biggest movies ever made. (The truth is that he was brought on by MGM to finish filming because the original directors had been fired. The producers-Selznick and LeRoy were really in charge of them...but still, no director will ever top that year!)

I'd recommend the book A Clockwork Orange. It's excellent. I think it would be hell to translate either the book or the film because the language is Russian-influenced English (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadsat). Like Tolkien, Burgess was a linguist which explains how both of them were able to create bits of real languages as they used real language patterns. I like Nolan. I think he's a very accomplished filmmaker but I don't consider him an auteur. I agree about Shutter Island. It was ridiculous and blah and I figured out the twist at the end literally about 10 minutes into the movie. I won't watch everything Spielberg makes because he can get way too sentimental for my liking, but he's someone who gets filmmaking and you almost always feel like your in good hands even if the end result is sometimes lacking. I went to his mother's restaurant in L.A. for a lark and she had all his posters up on the wall. She came over and spoke to my sister and I for 10 minutes and was lovely. My favourite surprising director fact. Almost nobody knows who Victor Fleming is now and he really isn't particularly worth remembering, but in one year (1939) he directed The Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind which are two of the biggest movies ever made. (The truth is that he was brought on by MGM to finish filming because the original directors had been fired. The producers-Selznick and LeRoy were really in charge of them...but still, no director will ever top that year!)

I always thought of reading it but never got too bothered to search for a good English version, maybe I will do it! I dont think I would have a problem with Nadsat when reading it, I think the problem was with the dude's voice really, I just didnt want to rewind every 15min.

Agree about Nolan...

Spielberg is always a surprise for me, I might absolutely love it and I might hate it to the bones! I must remeber to visit The Milky Way if I ever go to California. Is the food any good? Lol.

Gone with the Wind (the Brazilian title is much cooler though) is a fucking awesome movie. My favourite "old" films are 12 Angry Men and To Kill a Mockingbird; they have everything.