Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/10/2019 at 6:02 AM, 1905didierblue said:

JOKER. 10/10. What a movie.

"You wont get it" is probably the most apt dialigue of the movie.

Yeah seen it tonight. 100% agree.

Joaquin Pheonixs performance is hugely different to Heath Ledgers in The Dark Knight but for me the performance is still on that level. 

You kind of want to feel sympathetic for him in various parts of the film before he begins to unravel and turn into the character you see towards the end of it. Brilliant movie, fair to say if Pheonix doesnt get an Oscar nomination its madness (although he likely will and probably be top favourite to win it). 

Film seems to have divided people and critics regarding some aspects of it but for me, its excellent, again Pheonix top class like in most movies and finally an actual origin story for one of the most iconic villians.

The message that it carries as well.. Thing is it's all true. People don't get the help they need for whatever reason and slip through a gap and just get looked down on by society for having a mental health issue. 

I liked the whole hmmm of it

Plus what a performance! 

On 10/9/2019 at 7:00 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah seen it tonight. 100% agree.

Joaquin Pheonixs performance is hugely different to Heath Ledgers in The Dark Knight but for me the performance is still on that level. 

You kind of want to feel sympathetic for him in various parts of the film before he begins to unravel and turn into the character you see towards the end of it. Brilliant movie, fair to say if Pheonix doesnt get an Oscar nomination its madness (although he likely will and probably be top favourite to win it). 

Film seems to have divided people and critics regarding some aspects of it but for me, its excellent, again Pheonix top class like in most movies and finally an actual origin story for one of the most iconic villians.

Is it an origin story though? :D

I am interpreting the movie totally differently, so as not to give spoilers, wont say how. But suffice to say, I loved every moment of the movie.

4 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Is it an origin story though? :D

I am interpreting the movie totally differently, so as not to give spoilers, wont say how. But suffice to say, I loved every moment of the movie.

Yeah that it is very true, the ending really did make me wonder if it was actually an origin or something also enitrely. Wont say much more regarding the ending as I think if I did it would reveal some aspects of it and others who haven't seen it might not be too happy haha 😂

Do think though if you want something banned you don't draw more and more attention to it which is what happened. The whole ooh so and so says shouldn't be shown.. Let's find out why! 

The ban is silly. Know the incident that happpend with the Dark Knight showing but there's so many more violent films out there. Least this makes you think more rather then gun gun shoot shoot whatever else 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Be interesting to see how it ties up. Always be people who aren't happy can't please everyone but long as not a awful awful ending.. Can live. Just end of era ish seeing as 4 years ago the hype of it coming back and now bam. 

I think it is going to break 3 billion usd, it has already passed the old record (Avengers Endgame) for advanced ticket sales, and will be the first film to break 1 billion usd in just the States

We already have tickets, and we never go to movies in a theatre, the last time was Jurassic World in 2015 (fucking great movie!)

It is the end of a 43 YEAR long, 9 movie cycle

54f10c97bb4ac4d3dc1c6c61031bb697.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...