Last Film You Watched

Fulham Broadway

14 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Avengers... Dun dun dunnnnnn.  Feels werid that its over in a way. Many many years. 

It does feel sad that it's all over. Was watching it last Friday and a guy behind me was literally crying and crying hard. 🙈

Anyway, gonna watch it for the third time this week! :D 

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Seen Avengers End Game on Friday. I was speechless at it, 11 years in the making, 22 movies, a great movie with a very interesting mixture of certain character arcs starting/finishing and a great conclusion for the whole long term vision Marvel has been bulding in the first 3 phases. Very excited to see where they go from here and also to see what DC do with the new Wonder Woman and Batman films (wont even scratch the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy, DC should of just left it at that as opposed to the whole Batman vs Superman and Justice League shite which totally ruined Batman for me after Nolan successfully recreated the character in film in a much more darker, realisitc way althought I felt Ben Affleck was a decent actor to be Batman just the movies lacked everything Nolans trilogy had in terms of story telling, realism, origin story etc and quite frankly I think Christian Bale pulled the character off better) which is probably not gonna be out for another 2 years at least. Also very excited for John Wick 3 on the 17th of May, cant beat Keanu Reeves.

Oh lord Batman and that Martha moment... 

On 4/29/2019 at 2:44 AM, OneMoSalah said:

Seen Avengers End Game on Friday. I was speechless at it, 11 years in the making, 22 movies, a great movie with a very interesting mixture of certain character arcs starting/finishing and a great conclusion for the whole long term vision Marvel has been bulding in the first 3 phases. Very excited to see where they go from here and also to see what DC do with the new Wonder Woman and Batman films (wont even scratch the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy, DC should of just left it at that as opposed to the whole Batman vs Superman and Justice League shite which totally ruined Batman for me after Nolan successfully recreated the character in film in a much more darker, realisitc way althought I felt Ben Affleck was a decent actor to be Batman just the movies lacked everything Nolans trilogy had in terms of story telling, realism, origin story etc and quite frankly I think Christian Bale pulled the character off better) which is probably not gonna be out for another 2 years at least. Also very excited for John Wick 3 on the 17th of May, cant beat Keanu Reeves.

Are spoilers alowed? If not I will delete this, but anyone who reads this should stop if he didnt see the movie yet...

---

Its great movie indeed. There were moments that didnt make much sense (Thanos without stones beating Thor, Iron Man and Cap with ease, while Thor alone beat him in infinity war with Stonebreaker). Convenient that Cap Marvel only appeared when Thanos had advantage; at the beggining when he already destroyed the stones, in the end when he already got them for the second time. Any moment in between, she would kick his ass alone and end the story. The arrival of all avengers prior to the battle in the end was also very corny, but that was expected since its final movie and there were many overly dramatic scenes like slow-mo etc. The scene when all female heroed unite was also pointless. Cap Marvel is powerful to blast through that army alone, she went straight through the ship earlier. Then she suddenly needs help from other nearby heroes that all appear to be female? I love diversity but disney intentionaly tries to push femminism in your face. I mean they are female and they kick ass in entire movie and all remaining 21. Why do they need to explicitly make a point with those solo scenes that look so forced and are there just to say we are women and we can fight equaly fight alone too. As if we didnt get that naturaly from previous scenes where they were amazing. That happend in cap marvel standalone movie too. Yes she is female. We all see it. Yet disney wants to plaster it all over our faces. She is badass because who she is, not because she is a woman. They dont point out that Cap (or any other dude) is male every single time he appears. Its obvious he is a male. Also what was that buildup to Nat death? Ill go, no Ill go, dramatic moment, slo-mo, he jumps, she caches him, etc...a simple Ill go because you have family to take care of would be way more powerful and emotional than trying to beat each other who will jump first. Hawkeye would hesitate, but he would know she is right because the kids need him and that would make it emotional. I mean, the main reason he went to help was to be reunited with family. He didnt look for Nat in all these 5 years and now he wants to kill himself to save her and potentialy leave the kids without a father? Its noble obviously, but makes no sense.

I do wish the movie was 30min or so longer. Starlord, Gamora, Wasp, Groot, Bucky,...didnt get nearly as much screentime as they deserved, regardless if they aint key characters in this movie. They all pulled weight in their standalone films and their role here makes them look as if they are some minor parts in franchise, which is false.

That said, the rest of the movie was superb. Half of it looked like a parody (but in a great, funny way) on the whole MCU (fat Thor haha), then it gets darker, serious. The ending is great too. Overall funny, sad, nostalgic, dramatic, action packed movie with proper conclusion to the franchise so far. Cap and IronMan will be missed, but their departure give older movies even more weight. 

As for Thanos, its possible that he indeed did win actualy. Half of population is now back in this fucked up world with way smaller amounts of food. Also those who came back were gone for couple min while people on earth spent 5 years. That means those who returned might realise their kids died because no one took care of them, their parents died of age etc. It will be a massive chaos. Thanos fullfills his destiny either way. Its inevitable.

Its not the end though. Spidey 2, Guardians 3, Thor 4, Doc Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Cap Marvel 2 are all in the plan already. We will definately see more of the new Cap America too (Falcon). 

Its just a realy frickin shame Guardians 3 wont be happening next year but in 2022 because of the Gunn fiasco. 

9 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Are spoilers alowed? If not I will delete this, but anyone who reads this should stop if he didnt see the movie yet...

---

Its great movie indeed. There were moments that didnt make much sense (Thanos without stones beating Thor, Iron Man and Cap with ease, while Thor alone beat him in infinity war with Stonebreaker)

Agree with almost everything except the quoted.

I think that fight sequence (cap-iron man-thor) vs Thanos was perfectly executed. Thor was weak as shit in this movie. His weapons derive powers from him. In infinity war, his life had one aim - revenge. He was in his prime condition. In endgame he was suffering from depression (PTSD) and literally was no competition to his old self. Same goes for iron Man who probably was retired. So it made sense that both of them got their asses handed to them despite being the biggest threat in IW. 

Also, I did not understand the snap at the end.

1. The snap is reversible so what if someone goes rogue and reverses the snap in the future?

2. Thanos without the gauntlet is a very considerable foe but given the superheroes against him and his army, he was toast. Dr. Strange, Scarlett witch, captain marvel can go toe to toe against him and get the job done of actually killing him and his army. The sacrifice was probably the most stupid thing of the movie 

3. We see hulk and thanos becoming immobile after they wield the whole gauntlet. Iron Man just says "I am iron Man" and snap. The guy should have gotten evaporated specially given how much hulk suffers.

1 hour ago, bakayokofan said:

Agree with almost everything except the quoted.

I think that fight sequence (cap-iron man-thor) vs Thanos was perfectly executed. Thor was weak as shit in this movie. His weapons derive powers from him. In infinity war, his life had one aim - revenge. He was in his prime condition. In endgame he was suffering from depression (PTSD) and literally was no competition to his old self. Same goes for iron Man who probably was retired. So it made sense that both of them got their asses handed to them despite being the biggest threat in IW. 

Also, I did not understand the snap at the end.

1. The snap is reversible so what if someone goes rogue and reverses the snap in the future?

2. Thanos without the gauntlet is a very considerable foe but given the superheroes against him and his army, he was toast. Dr. Strange, Scarlett witch, captain marvel can go toe to toe against him and get the job done of actually killing him and his army. The sacrifice was probably the most stupid thing of the movie 

3. We see hulk and thanos becoming immobile after they wield the whole gauntlet. Iron Man just says "I am iron Man" and snap. The guy should have gotten evaporated specially given how much hulk suffers.

Thor was weaker, but he was still the god of thunder. Thanos didnt have a single stone either compared to IW. IMO he should still be able to come on top. Scarlett and Strange (now without time stone) were never as powerful in the movies as they are in comics (not yet atleast). If there could be one to easily defeat Thanos, its Marvel.

That said Strange did say its only one chance out of 14m, so it had to be IronMan. Any other, be it Strange, Scarlett or Marvel would fail, regardless of the odds and Thanos would come on top. It was also suitable, as IronMan started all in 2008 and now ends the chapter. I loved the part where he goes in the past and his dad says one thing he hates about himself if that he always picks personal gain over greater good. And now Tony gave his life with daughter and wife away to save people which is the opposite of who he was 10 years ago. 

It also makes sense because few had to die to give Thanos meaning some weight. If no one died, it would look like everything was just overblown with no consequences. 

I agree IronMan should be done after snap, but again it was fitting to give him couple more min to say goodbye to his friends. 

Also the snap is reversible but given Thanos was the only one to get two or more stones, its unlikely anyone will get them anytime soon.

I also loved the Cap ending. He finaly got his dance with Peggy after all those years. That was wonderfuly executed.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Thor was weaker, but he was still the god of thunder. Thanos didnt have a single stone either compared to IW. IMO he should still be able to come on top. Scarlett and Strange (now without time stone) were never as powerful in the movies as they are in comics (not yet atleast). If there could be one to easily defeat Thanos, its Marvel.

That said Strange did say its only one chance out of 14m, so it had to be IronMan. Any other, be it Strange, Scarlett or Marvel would fail, regardless of the odds and Thanos would come on top. It was also suitable, as IronMan started all in 2008 and now ends the chapter. I loved the part where he goes in the past and his dad says one thing he hates about himself if that he always picks personal gain over greater good. And now Tony gave his life with daughter and wife away to save people which is the opposite of who he was 10 years ago. 

It also makes sense because few had to die to give Thanos meaning some weight. If no one died, it would look like everything was just overblown with no consequences. 

I agree IronMan should be done after snap, but again it was fitting to give him couple more min to say goodbye to his friends. 

Also the snap is reversible but given Thanos was the only one to get two or more stones, its unlikely anyone will get them anytime soon.

I also loved the Cap ending. He finaly got his dance with Peggy after all those years. That was wonderfuly executed.

To be fair to strange he did give a good account of himself against a 4stone Thanos. 

But totally agree regarding cap. If anyone deserved it, it was him. Bawled my eyes out at the end. 

• 2 weeks later...

watched Avengers End Game last night, it simply blew my mind away, great movie and ending to this saga, i left the movie theater feeling sad, its been an amazing 11 years of MCU since the first Iron Man.

6 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

watched Avengers End Game last night, it simply blew my mind away, great movie and ending to this saga, i left the movie theater feeling sad, its been an amazing 11 years of MCU since the first Iron Man.

First thing I did after watching it was play hooked on a feeling by blue swede when I drove back home.

Felt like Im on a fucking space adventure :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

saw X-Men Dark Phoenix last night, i really enjoyed it and the soundtrack was great, another Hans Zimmer masterpiece.

I hated every minute of that movie. Seemed so half-assed. No character development, no actual reason for things to happen. No real explaination or even trying to understand the entity that is the phoenix force. 

Another hapless xmen movie for me. 

Except for first class and Logan, none of them are even worth a watch in my opinion

SHADOW Trailer (2019) Zhang Yimou

In a city covered in gray clouds and besieged by constant rain, an umbrella can become your last line of defence against the elements. In Shadow, the latest visually stunning action epic from Hero and House of Flying Daggers wuxia master Zhang Yimou, parasols are more than helpful sun-blockers: They can be turned into deadly weapons, shooting boomerang-like blades of steel at oncoming attackers and transforming into protective sleds for travelling through the slick streets. These devices are one of many imaginative leaps made in telling this Shakespearean saga of palace intrigue, vengeance, and secret doppelgangers set in China's Three Kingdoms period.

Commander Yu (Deng) serves at the mercy of the cruel King Peiliang (Zheng), who rules like a petty and petulant teenager, but the brave Commander is actually a "shadow," a body double recruited to serve as a potential replacement in a time of crisis. The "real" Commander Yu, also played by Deng, nurses a festering battle wound underground, training his double and scheming to overthrow the king. This is a martial arts epic where the dense plotting is as tricky as the often balletic fight scenes. The narrative does lose steam in stretches, but the brilliantly designed and impeccably edited action sequences are simply on another level. If the battle scenes in Game of Thrones left you frustrated, Shadow provides a thrilling alternative.

Image result for shadow 2019 movieRelated imageRelated imageImage result for shadow 2019 movie

On 10/06/2019 at 6:22 AM, 1905didierblue said:

I hated every minute of that movie. Seemed so half-assed. No character development, no actual reason for things to happen. No real explaination or even trying to understand the entity that is the phoenix force. 

Another hapless xmen movie for me. 

Except for first class and Logan, none of them are even worth a watch in my opinion

Same! I don't know what really happened. All seemed very rushed then suddenly oh ending! 

• 1 month later...

Watched Toy Story 4 the other day, and i must say its really great, i admit that TS3 had a fitting end to the saga, but this new one looks great tbh and i hope its the last one for real. It feels like yesterday since the 1st one came out, i was 8 ys old, damn...

Rewatched Blade Runner 2049.

Some excellent shots in it. Really interesting colour combinations in some scenes but they work and give off that dystopian future feel. Also Ana de Armas is quite attractive....

Love the bit when K is in doing the second baseline test and its just like 2 minutes of him speaking back and forth repeating phrases and the thing was apparently Ryan Goslings idea too.

Next up for me will be the new Tarantino film when its released or I can find a suitable online link haha.

• 4 weeks later...