• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

at this point I will accept a fine clinical striker even if its not Icardi...though Icardi will be immense here

Luka Jovic (14 goals, 4 assists in 17 games all comps) or Sébastien Haller (11 goals 9 assists in 19 games, all comps) from Eintracht Frankfurt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

Kepa 7
azpi 6
rudiger 6
Luiz 7
Alonso 4
kante 7-
Jorginho 6
Kovacic 6
Hazard 6.5
Pedre 6.5
Giroud 6
RLC 7
zappacosta 6
Morata 5

Alonso 4 lol, fourgettable , 4fs! Time 4 bench, 4 bottles of beer I chucked at tv watching him! 4 hours extra training for him, 4 weeks wages he should give to charity!

Very average performance from us this, some horrendous football played but the result was important.

We seemed to have slipped into the this very lazy mindset again were players look lethargic and lifeless, some of them can't control a basic fucking pass.

Alonso was fucking awful, Hazard close behind him.

The best passer in this team today was Kepa, that's says it all.

4 hours ago, milan.cech said:

I don't know but I don't have a feeling we have improved our game since September. Quite the opposite actually. I liked us more a few months ago than now. 

The lack of pre season is starting to bite now, since September we have not had a free midweek which has equated to no time to really work on the training ground with patterns and shapes, which is a killer when learning a new system.

In many ways Bournemouth dumping us out of the cup and freeing up our midweeks in January could turn out to be a good thing for us.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Alonso as LB#1.

At what point do you give a preference to RLC over Kovacic. RLC has performed remarkably well when given the oppertunity, and quite frankly we have seen enough of Kovacic to know what he offers and i would not purchase him. He maybe better suited to play Kante role, he simply does not have attacking instinct to play the LCM role. Most importantly one is a Chelsea player and the other is not, at this point you are investing a lot of time and resource on a player you don't own. My stance would be different if Kovacic made us much better, and clearly he does not in the current role.

It has been quite evident since the beginning of the season that this major weakness outside of striker is our FBs, Emerson should get his oppertunity if he doesn't cut it go out in January reinforce that position. Azpi continues to show that he does not fit this side.

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The lack of pre season is starting to bite now, since September we have not had a free midweek which has equated to no time to really work on the training ground with patterns and shapes, which is a killer when learning a new system.

In many ways Bournemouth dumping us out of the cup and freeing up our midweeks in January could turn out to be a good thing for us.

That's what I've been saying.  We haven't made much progress since we started playing twice a week.  

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The lack of pre season is starting to bite now, since September we have not had a free midweek which has equated to no time to really work on the training ground with patterns and shapes. 

Quite of a contrast between us and Arsenal, early results in the season made Sarri conservative and reluctant to make many changes to last years side. On the other hand early poor results for Arsenal, forced Uni to make changes to find his best side. We have stagnated while they have improved.  

1 minute ago, Clockwork said:

Quite of a contrast between us and Arsenal, early results in the season made Sarri conservative and reluctant to make many changes to last years side. On the other hand early poor results for Arsenal, forced Uni to make changes to find his best side. We have stagnated while they have improved.  

Emery's philosophy isn't a million miles away from Wenger's, he is just more tactically astute with his selections and tactics than Arsene (to say the least) so time on the training ground isn't THAT crucial for them, we on the other hand are overhauling our style of play so we need that time on the training ground to perfect things and most of our key players have basically had only three weeks of a full week of training under Sarri.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Emery's philosophy isn't a million miles away from Wenger's, he is just more tactically astute with his selections and tactics than Arsene (to say the least) so time on the training ground isn't THAT crucial for them, we on the other hand are overhauling our style of play so we need that time on the training ground to perfect things and most of our key players have basically had only three weeks of a full week of training under Sarri.

I've been saying that TOO!!.  People were going on and on about Arsenal having such a hard time trying to adapt to Emery after decades of Wenger.  What kind of change?  Playing from the back more?  They weren't so different.  We've gone from Jose and Conte to Sarri.  arseanl also had the entire pre-season as they only had a few of their important players at the WC.  Virtually our entire squad was there.