Joe Cole

the wes

I duno.Dont think it helps in his interviews he refused to comment on his future so in that sense looks likely.But in another maybe he really is more worried about the world cup

But Arsenal?!He wont fit in there unless he speaks French (: but guess its likely he'll get more play time and all

The list of big sagas regarding our top players over three summers....

Summer 2008: Frank Lampard -> Inter Milan

Summer 2009: John Terry -> Manchester City

Summer 2010: Joe Cole -> Arsenal

....fo some reason I feel deja vu :whistling:

You cant compare Joe Cole with Lampard and Terry. Joe Cole is a mere squad player. period.

Seems the only reason Joe Cole hasn't been signed by anyone yet is because of his ridiculous wage demands.. If he's forced to drop this, I think he'll sign a deal for Chelsea. It's supposedly the whole reason he didn't sign a new one in January ect..

Only Manchester City would pay-out the wage, I doubt he wants to go there though.

I also think the claim he's not getting enough pitch time is also ridiculous, he's made 38 appearances this season. More than the season before (19)

Edited by rstar500

Joe has found himself in a tricky situation. The financial restraints and the market in general have meant that Joe will not likely get the wages he wants anywhere else, so he will end up saying he will stay in the end i am sure. But doesn't seem the best way about doing things if he is supposed to be a Chelsea fan..... he will only stay because no-one else will offer him the money he wants. Love the guy, but have not liked the way this has gone on..

Joe has found himself in a tricky situation. The financial restraints and the market in general have meant that Joe will not likely get the wages he wants anywhere else, so he will end up saying he will stay in the end i am sure. But doesn't seem the best way about doing things if he is supposed to be a Chelsea fan..... he will only stay because no-one else will offer him the money he wants. Love the guy, but have not liked the way this has gone on..

i don't think joe is exactly the brightest and believe he has been badly advised,,,some agents have no sense at all

To back up both of your points, Arsenal are saying that Joe Cole can sign for them IF HE ACCEPTS TO LOWER HIS WAGE DEMANDS BY 50%. What a burn. He tried to play the market for better wages, and he has failed. Comon Joe, lets get you back inside the bridge...You tried didnt you? *Puts big towel over Joe Cole's shoulders and shepered's him inside*

I don't want him to stay now he can F off, he is a money grabbing prick who ain't that special. We have young players who are hungry to succeed now, is it me or is it just english players in our team that act like greedy pricks when contracts are being negotiated ?. We did not even know essien was in talks he just signed it, carvalho had no problem neither did mikel or ballack when he took a huge wage cut. Terry lampard joe cole act like bloody morons, they let the media stur things up so it puts pressure on the club.

I don't want him to stay now he can F off, he is a money grabbing prick who ain't that special. We have young players who are hungry to succeed now, is it me or is it just english players in our team that act like greedy pricks when contracts are being negotiated ?. We did not even know essien was in talks he just signed it, carvalho had no problem neither did mikel or ballack when he took a huge wage cut. Terry lampard joe cole act like bloody morons, they let the media stur things up so it puts pressure on the club.

True'er words have never been spoken.

My respect for Essien has grown immensely over the last few seasons. He is our most balanced player by miles and he loves this club. I seriously doubt that he even had to think twice before signing another contract. He's here for all the right reasons, doesnt complain, is adored by every fan, and just wants Chelsea to be the best team in the word. I have never seen Essien dive, complain, get caught up in gossip, or cry about wages. Cheers to you Essien, our players need to take a page out of your book.

Edited by SevenXI

True'er words have never been spoken.

My respect for Essien has grown immensely over the last few seasons. He is our most balanced player by miles and he loves this club. I seriously doubt that he even had to think twice before signing another contract. He's here for all the right reasons, doesnt complain, is adored by every fan, and just wants Chelsea to be the best team in the word. I have never seen Essien dive, complain, get caught up in gossip, or cry about wages. Cheers to you Essien, our players need to take a page out of your book.

How much is Essien earning though? Maybe the fact he is one of our top earners is the reason why he signed the new contract so quickly!

Meanwhile:

Ray Wilkins has insisted Chelsea, want to keep Joe Cole despite talk he has already agreed a move to either Arsenal or Manchester United. Cole’s future has been the subject of much speculation recently, with the England man claiming he may be forced to move on after not being offered a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

The attacking midfielder is out of contract and therefore available on a free this summer, with the Gunners and United both said to be very keen on signing the former West Ham youngster.

However, Blues assistant boss Wilkins has stressed the Premier League champions want to keep the 28-year-old and have held negotiations over a new deal without yet reaching a resolution.

He told Five Live: “We’ve obviously been in dialogue with Joe for months now and it’s pretty evident that Carlo and myself would love Joe to stay but it’s down now to the club to see what we can do.

“We sincerely hope Joe stays with us – he’s a smashing guy and he’s a wonderful footballer so we’ll keep our fingers crossed.”

source: Premier League football blog

This one could run and run all summer.......

How much is Essien earning though? Maybe the fact he is one of our top earners is the reason why he signed the new contract so quickly!

Not idea how much he's on exactly but apparently he accepted a new deal on the same wages.

Not idea how much he's on exactly but apparently he accepted a new deal on the same wages.

Well then I'm proud because he was one of those not being our top earners despite probably having a better shout than Joe Cole at getting the £100k/week

i have the feeling essien was on 80 0r 90 thousand ...great wages but no way our highest and not enough for Joe

Joe Cole - major don't give a shit anymore. He can do what he likes, if he wants to stay he should hurry up and sign and stop being a little money-grabbing bitch - otherwise jog on and find another club, he's been nowhere near his best since his injury anyway.