• Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job done. Maximum points from two games. Top of the group. But the result aside, that was a nonsense performance - one that we have seen far too many times! Dominated the possession, created a number of decent chances but can't finish them to save ourselves. Was embarrassing that Hazard had to be called upon from the bench and Kepa being asked to make more saves than he should have. 

Know the 1 that matters is the goal... 

But we had 27 shots... 18 corners.... 5 on target. 

Dire performance. Had a feeling be like that. Wasn't like they had everyman behind the ball. We just again couldn't finish.. Luckily not could they as they had a few good go's as well. Only 2 less on target then we did. 

We have become a bit predictable..with and without Hazard (Hazard is predictable but still unstoppable) and that is no wonder as wr are rolling out the same players every game with just not enough quality. Ok Pedro is injured but them agaim we should not be hampered so much by that as a tip team. Sincr his Injury we have not been convincing offensively and still Sarri ia refusing to uae CHO to give us a bit of freshness

This game really underlines our desperate need for a proven goalscorer.I know its great Morata scored but the guy missed a sitter in the first half, and when he scored you'd have thought it was an own goal he got. He has now dropped below Batshuayi in my rekoning. But on the up side Arrizabalaga is beginning to show how good a keeper he really is.

Two games against shit opposition and we only managed to scrap 1:0 both times. Next one is bate, another average team. 

I expected we will roll over the teams in this group 3:0 at least, regardless of our form. 

But oh well, two wins and RLC got some minutes, so its not that bad. 

Our attackers without Eden are poor too, I wish CHO gets a game or two soon. It would be amazing for his development and surely we can afford it, I mean there is no chance we end this group in 3rd or 4th place.