Alisson Becker

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matteo Pedrosi reporting this, think this has legs now.

🔥 #RealMadrid, there is the offer for #Courtois: Understanding already reached with the Belgian goalkeeper, only the yes of Chelsea is missing. Blues decisively on #Alisson. And the #Roma can sink the blow for #Areola, allowing PSG. New weaving-goalkeepers in sight. #calciomercato

Just how good is Alisson? I haven't watched enough of him. I wouldn't say I was greatly impressed during the World Cup but if anybody knew otherwise De Gea looked like a pub player for Spain.

Only one good season at Roma worries me a little bit. The signing of Bakayoko was based on a breakout season and to not see 2 or 3 seasons of consistent performances at a top level has to be a little risky.

Separate topic also but I see that Roma brought him from Brazil for 7.5m euros two years ago. It's always been an annoyance to see Chelsea buying a number of South American talents once they've moved to Europe. The likes of Benfica and Porto have made a killing off the back of buying players from Brazil and selling them on, and it seems a few other clubs have taken this approach too. I understand the work permit issues, etc but surely in a time when Chelsea are looking to get better value in their transfer approach they could take a punt at times for much lower fees and loan these out to the likes of Porto and Benfica ourselves, making a much greater saving when they're ready a couple of seasons after.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Just how good is Alisson? I haven't watched enough of him. I wouldn't say I was greatly impressed during the World Cup but if anybody knew otherwise De Gea looked like a pub player for Spain.

Only one good season at Roma worries me a little bit. The signing of Bakayoko was based on a breakout season and to not see 2 or 3 seasons of consistent performances at a top level has to be a little risky.

Separate topic also but I see that Roma brought him from Brazil for 7.5m euros two years ago. It's always been an annoyance to see Chelsea buying a number of South American talents once they've moved to Europe. The likes of Benfica and Porto have made a killing off the back of buying players from Brazil and selling them on, and it seems a few other clubs have taken this approach too. I understand the work permit issues, etc but surely in a time when Chelsea are looking to get better value in their transfer approach they could take a punt at times for much lower fees and loan these out to the likes of Porto and Benfica ourselves, making a much greater saving when they're ready a couple of seasons after.

Very much in the mold of Ederson, his distribution is absolute top notch, not only that but he has developed so much at Roma since he first joined.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Very much in the mold of Ederson, his distribution is absolute top notch, not only that but he has developed so much at Roma since he first joined.

What about his goalkeeping ability - handling, shot stopping, coming for crosses, command of the area, etc. Say in comparison to Courtois?

I understand in Sarri's system that everybody needs to be comfortable on the ball and possibly even more so for the keeper and centre backs in order to be able to play the ball out from the back, but it's just as important to have the usual qualities of a solid goalkeeper. The last thing we need is the equivalent of Claudio Bravo.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

What about his goalkeeping ability - handling, shot stopping, coming for crosses, command of the area, etc. Say in comparison to Courtois?

I understand in Sarri's system that everybody needs to be comfortable on the ball and possibly even more so for the keeper and centre backs in order to be able to play the ball out from the back, but it's just as important to have the usual qualities of a solid goalkeeper. The last thing we need is the equivalent of Claudio Bravo.

IMO a better shot stopper than Courtois and in most of the departments better, the only one I would say Tibo is slightly better is coming for crosses but Alisson is very competent.

Believe me he's fucking far superior to Bravo.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

IMO a better shot stopper than Courtois and in most of the departments better, the only one I would say Tibo is slightly better is coming for crosses but Alisson is very competent.

Believe me he's fucking far superior to Bravo.

Good to hear, given his age too he could be the man here for a long time (although we would have thought that with Courtois)

And I believe you, even I'm far superior to Bravo!

14 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Honestly this would be a very good signing if we can get this done. He will blend into Sarri's philosophy much quicker than TBO because Alisson passes out from the back, and maintains a high line as a sweeper keeper. TBO on the other hand is a better shot stopper and good against crosses but will boot the ball into throwing/pick the wrong pass when pressured and is too slow to play the sweeper role.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You