Alisson Becker

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

At least we didnt bid

Good. Let's pull ourselves together and not pay £65m for a fucking gk. Don't panic and chuck money because we are losing Courtois. Let's buy a keeper for the meantime that will be adequate to finish top 4 for a fraction of the price. 

Let's have some principles guys. 

5 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

But I bet media will make a headline starting with words "Liverpool beat Chelsea to sign...."

their love is too much

They did though? and who cares? We both wanted the keeper, they smashed a world record for him. There is no shame in missing out when the other team decides they want the player no matter the cost. That doesn't make us cheap or losers. 

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wonder if Donnaruma is finally possible with Milan having terrible financial issues. I remember him being completely off limits last year.

Don't forget his agent is Mino Raiola. Doubt the club want to deal with him after what happened in the past.

Truth to be told. We needed Alisson more than they did. They wanted a good goalie. We needed one that can play out from the back. It would have made more sense for them to go for a Courtois/Donnarumma type of GK. I think the shortage of quality GKs available this summer can't be helped. Basically, all of Us, Liverpool, RM, PSG wanted to sign one, and the only standout player was Alisson.

That said, I'm not particularly fussed over losing him especially for that fee. 75M for a goalie is insane even in these crazy times. You pay that much for a GK, teams are gonna ask the world when you come looking for one of their players. It would have been nice to have him but we're certainly not going to collapse because we didn't.

One more thing that made it difficult to make this deal happen IMO is the overload of transfers the club is looking to make. Club has to deal with Conte, Sarri, Jorginho, Golovin, Rugani, Higuain, Alisson. Not to mention the  possible departures of Courtois, Hazard, Drinkwater, Bakayoko etc.. and of course the loanees. All of that on a reduced schedule(WC, Earlier deadline). We were bound to miss on at least one target.

66.8M? Thank fuck hes off to Liverpool. What an over payment. He is good but he is hardly world class. If Courtois resigns, which is doubtful, I wont be worried because he is the better GK. Even then enough of this "hes good at playing out from the back bullshit", Courtois has been doing it for Chelsea and for Belgium for seasons now. Fair enough hes no Ederson or Neuer but fucking hell, I'd prefer a world class shot stopper than somebody whos worse and better with their feet. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't forget his agent is Mino Raiola. Doubt the club want to deal with him after what happened in the past.

True, good point. He'd probably be angling for a move to Juve or something within 3 years.

Really don't have a clue who we can get at this point. Almost has to be Butland. 

Just now, Pizy said:

True, good point. He'd probably be angling for a move to Juve or something within 3 years.

Really don't have a clue who we can get at this point. Almost has to be Butland. 

Speaking of Butland, what has happened to him? Has his stock dropped so badly? Have not seen him linked with any club!

Just now, Jason said:

Speaking of Butland, what has happened to him? Has his stock dropped so badly? Have not seen him linked with any club!

He didn't exactly impress last season and Stoke are now in the Championship. Doubt anyone will be wanting to spend £30m+ on him

Just now, LAM09 said:

He didn't exactly impress last season and Stoke are now in the Championship. Doubt anyone will be wanting to spend £30m+ on him

True but he still seems like one of those keepers who one of the lesser clubs would sign but zilch, nothing so far.

Stoke were dreadful so it's a bit hard to judge Butland I think. I remember hearing multiple times last season that he was basically the lone standout in their team. As they were being relegated there were rumors straight away that he would be moving to a better club.

Would obviously fit into our clubs desire for a young, English, homegrown player. Probably wouldn't be very difficult to pry him away, either.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You