• Pedro
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Palmieri (sub)
    • Morata (sub)

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, Azpinator said:
Didn't Man City claim a Top 4 finish at the very last MW last season? emoji848.png

They did thanks to Utd choking

I can't see Liverpool or spurs choking... Maybe spurs at a push but then I can see us dropping points so probably won't make much difference if they do. As it stands Liverpool are 7 ahead and Spurs 5...know we got a play tommrow bit not close close. 

Liverpool winning.. Spurs won today.. Joys... 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People talk about the distance between Arsenal and City but as it stands we are now 7 behind Liverpool, this should be the biggest wake up call to the board ever....but it won't be.

We won't win tomorrow and this gap will only get worse over the next few weeks. The regression this club has made  is absolutely pathetic.

9 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

People talk about the distance between Arsenal and City but as it stands we are now 7 behind Liverpool, this should be the biggest wake up call to the board ever....but it won't be.

We won't win tomorrow and this gap will only get worse over the next few weeks. The regression this club has made  is absolutely pathetic.

It's not even been gradual its been so sudden one dodgy result after another. This year we've been so shite so far. Yet you knew it was gana come... Depressingly so. 

I've settled for 5th. We get 4th wonderful.. Be a shock but for now.... They deserve it really. Know that's not how it works but

I can't see Liverpool or spurs choking... Maybe spurs at a push but then I can see us dropping points so probably won't make much difference if they do. As it stands Liverpool are 7 ahead and Spurs 5...know we got a play tommrow bit not close close. 
Liverpool play Utd next week to begin with, so they'll have top 4 secured should they win (as I expect). Up to Spurs and we all know how we've ended their hopes in previous seasons.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
19 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Liverpool play Utd next week to begin with, so they'll have top 4 secured should they win (as I expect). Up to Spurs and we all know how we've ended their hopes in previous seasons.

Think if we were consistent be more optimistic. Some of our fixtures should be winnable but didn't think we'd lose to Watford so badly.. Or Bournemouth.. Palace next week has been a crap fixture for us though hopefully.. 

See where tommrow leaves us. Like said we mess up things for spurs before so never know... 

3 hours ago, Azpinator said:

Didn't Man City claim a Top 4 finish at the very last MW last season? 🤔

Last season? Think you meant the season before last. Yes, Man City did do that but they had an inconsistent United side battling them. This time, we're the inconsistent ones while Liverpool and Spurs are in form. 

TBH, unless we somehow win tomorrow, I'm already resigned to us missing out on the top 4. Will just enjoy the rest of the season and hopefully see some good moments or two. 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

Last season? Think you meant the season before last. Yes, Man City did do that but they had an inconsistent United side battling them. This time, we're the inconsistent ones while Liverpool and Spurs are in form. 

TBH, unless we somehow win tomorrow, I'm already resigned to us missing out on the top 4. Will just enjoy the rest of the season and hopefully see some good moments or two. 

That's the thing: You choose to view it as inconsistency, I choose to view it as being unlucky. Taking the horror of the Bournemouth and Watford games aside (which are both justified for the Christensen injury and the fuck-ups of Bakayoko, Cahill and Luiz), we were pretty much in it during the rest of our recent matches where we had our strongest XI possible but fell short mainly because of luck more than anything else. I've seen sparks in those matches, and overall I believe luck was the deciding factor, but that's just me.

Liverpool and Spurs have had their share of questionable results this season but still appear in form to you right now. This could be temporary and things change quickly in football. I hope the players don't have your mentality. Might as well withdraw from every competition if we lose tomorrow! It's not like the 15-16 season, we would still have a chance to crack the Top 4.

6 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

That's the thing: You choose to view it as inconsistency, I choose to view it as being unlucky. Taking the horror of the Bournemouth and Watford games aside (which are both justified for the Christensen injury and the fuck-ups of Bakayoko, Cahill and Luiz), we were pretty much in it during the rest of our recent matches where we had our strongest XI possible but fell short mainly because of luck more than anything else. I've seen sparks in those matches, and overall I believe luck was the deciding factor, but that's just me.

How are we in it when we've won only FOUR matches in 2018 and all four were against relegation fodders? Take those out and the only game where we were on it was the Barcelona match. We just weren't good enough in the others but having sparks in matches is not good enough for a club aiming to compete at the highest level. The fact that most of us, if not all, were surprised by the manner of our performance against Barcelona weeks ago says a lot about our current predicament.

10 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Liverpool and Spurs have had their share of questionable results this season but still appear in form to you right now. This could be temporary and things change quickly in football. I hope the players don't have your mentality. Might as well withdraw from every competition if we lose tomorrow! It's not like the 15-16 season, we would still have a chance to crack the Top 4.

Well, I'm only speaking from a fan perspective but then again, who knows. At the start of 2018, we looked dead certain to finish in the top 4 and potentially finish in 2nd spot. Fast forward to March and we're struggling down in 5th. For one reason or another, the players and even Conte have gone off the rails. It's as if they no longer have the motivation. The only thing that'll help us finish in the top 4 is Liverpool and Spurs going far in the Champions League while we get KOed by Barcelona. I know that sounds pessimistic but can't see us keeping up with them if we're having to compete on 3 fronts.

Think that's what's made it so annoying. We looked like we had a chance of 2nd..now everyone has leap fogged us and we sit 5th and currently 5 off 4th.

Liverpool before today had something like 22 points from 9 games.. Whereas we're just all over the place. The loss against Watford was shocking. More so how we fell apart after scoring

Saying that.. We need to do out part sod other results they won't help us if we don't win. We finish 5th..we deserve it and have to pick up and start again with who knows who in charge or playong

Annoying thing is this could be seen coming after summer window so no shock. Just frustrating

Hey ho. We go again... 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

How are we in it when we've won only FOUR matches in 2018 and all four were against relegation fodders? Take those out and the only game where we were on it was the Barcelona match. We just weren't good enough in the others but having sparks in matches is not good enough for a club aiming to compete at the highest level. The fact that most of us, if not all, were surprised by the manner of our performance against Barcelona weeks ago says a lot about our current predicament.

Well, I'm only speaking from a fan perspective but then again, who knows. At the start of 2018, we looked dead certain to finish in the top 4 and potentially finish in 2nd spot. Fast forward to March and we're struggling down in 5th. For one reason or another, the players and even Conte have gone off the rails. It's as if they no longer have the motivation. The only thing that'll help us finish in the top 4 is Liverpool and Spurs going far in the Champions League while we get KOed by Barcelona. I know that sounds pessimistic but can't see us keeping up with them if we're having to compete on 3 fronts.

Okay, we didn't win the Arsenal and Barcelona games because of luck, that's 4. The 2 infamous defeats (the ones that led us to this position) were because of unfortunate circumstances, that makes it 6. If Morata's goal vs United counted who knows what could have happened, I genuinely believe we were unlucky for the most part there, that's 7. We've technically won the Norwich tie (mostly playing our 2nd team) so that makes it 9 games. This leaves the Leicester game where I don't think we were good enough to win. In my opinion that's the only game where we had no reasons for not winning.

Back to the top 4 race: As long as we are mathematically in it, we are in it.

Top 4 is gone. I've already accepted it. Our best player and our manager will both be gone this summer as well. Our keeper who would likely go for a world record price for his position normally will have to be sold for peanuts because he's in the final year of his contract. Not really much to get excited about at the moment for us Chelsea fans.

Only two options for us this summer. Either Roman goes absolutely mental and buys us out of this mess or we appoint the perfect new manager and knock it our of the park with all of our new signings (that will all be bought from the second or third tier of the market). Without CL football we won't be competing with City or United for any top, top players and we knew that. But even Spuds and Liverpool will have bigger pull than us now. And good luck with our penny pinching board in a World Cup summer where the price for anyone performing well will skyrocket even more in an already mad market.

Then on top of our rivals all getting even stronger (while we lose 2 of our best players) we'll have the slog of the Europa League to contend with.

Fuck, this shit is depressing.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Top 4 is gone. I've already accepted it. Our best player and our manager will both be gone this summer as well. Our keeper who would likely go for a world record price for his position normally will have to be sold for peanuts because he's in the final year of his contract. Not really much to get excited about at the moment for us Chelsea fans.

Only two options for us this summer. Either Roman goes absolutely mental and buys us out of this mess or we appoint the perfect new manager and knock it our of the park with all of our new signings (that will all be bought from the second or third tier of the market). Without CL football we won't be competing with City or United for any top, top players and we knew that. But even Spuds and Liverpool will have bigger pull than us now. And good luck with our penny pinching board in a World Cup summer where the price for anyone performing well will skyrocket even more in an already mad market.

Then on top of our rivals all getting even stronger (while we lose 2 of our best players) we'll have the slog of the Europa League to contend with.

Fuck, this shit is depressing.

Chill down Pizy. @Azpinator says we've been unlucky and we still can finish in the top 4! :ph34r:

Top players... We struggled to attract and buy with champions league so this be fun.. Definitely Andy Carroll!! 

Every game a cup final starting with tommrow .. If we don't play how we have in cup finals... We have a shot. Just throw everything at them. Don't play Cahill.. 

If we concede early and this goes the way it likely will (City having 80% possession and us barely threatening their goal at all) I'm just turining it off. Not sitting there wasting my time watching. I'll tune in to the Barca match in hopes of a 1 in a million miracle but if we go out of the CL there I'm done for the season. 

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If we concede early and this goes the way it likely will (City having 80% possession and us barely threatening their goal at all) I'm just turining it off. Not sitting there wasting my time watching. I'll tune in to the Barca match in hopes of a 1 in a million miracle but if we go out of the CL there I'm done for the season. 

Nothing like loyalty is there mate?, Spare a minute for the poor fuckers who are going to the game tomorrow the weather is awful they will have paid for match tickets and train fares. Don't think they will be leaving after five minutes. You don't really get football I'm sorry soccer do you?