Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

4 minutes ago, Jase said:

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this stat but CHO has scored only 4 goals (FOUR!) in 71 Premier League games. 

He’s bang average. A midtable level player. Offers basically no end product and switches off too often in his defensive duties.

And we gave him such a huge contract that we’re stuck with him.

14 minutes ago, Jase said:

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this stat but CHO has scored only 4 goals (FOUR!) in 71 Premier League games. 

I posted the stat when it was 60games 4goals  just a few posts up this page.

Always has been a poor finisher.

Even in the training footage that is regularly released by the club, in those exercises where everyone gets free shots, he is the one who fails most often. Albeit that is selective probably not a coincidence

24 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He’s bang average. A midtable level player. Offers basically no end product and switches off too often in his defensive duties.

And we gave him such a huge contract that we’re stuck with him.

His finishing is awful I can't defend him on that. Creative wise he's better than given credit for in my opinion, even THAT moment vs Brighton was neatly finding his way to Mount without an illegal interception.

On a slightly related note remember when most of us were desperate to bring in his pal Sancho? Thankgod that didn't happen.

14 minutes ago, Tomo said:

His finishing is awful I can't defend him on that. Creative wise he's better than given credit for in my opinion, even THAT moment vs Brighton was neatly finding his way to Mount without an illegal interception.

On a slightly related note remember when most of us were desperate to bring in his pal Sancho? Thankgod that didn't happen.

At least Sancho has shown levels CHO can only dream of for multiple seasons in Germany. He’ll come good once they get a proper manager and an actual system/vision in place. 

I can’t see Cal becoming anything more than an okay squad player for us. Someone who rotates in for cups and injuries.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He’ll come good once they get a proper manager and an actual system/vision in place. 

That could still happen but United fans have really been hammering Sancho and I mean HAMMERING Sancho, probably even more than we do with our players. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

At least Sancho has shown levels CHO can only dream of for multiple seasons in Germany. He’ll come good once they get a proper manager and an actual system/vision in place. 

I can’t see Cal becoming anything more than an okay squad player for us. Someone who rotates in for cups and injuries.

Cliche but I'll rather wait until he's had a proper run in the team before declaring that. I'd understand him not getting one if the other attackers are producing but despite everything he's still looked better than Pulisic with fewer chances.

The closest he's had to one is this Autumn and (finishing aside) he was excellent and unless you count the wingbacks as such our best attacker during our best run of form performance wise for quite a while.

1 hour ago, Jase said:

That could still happen but United fans have really been hammering Sancho and I mean HAMMERING Sancho, probably even more than we do with our players. 

In hindsight Sancho should have done the Dortmund/Bayern route.

I don't understand why English players don't want to settle abroad long term, now you could maybe say money but it was the same in the 90s when Serie A ruled.

If I was a player unless playing for Chelsea was possible I'd 100% prefer playing in Spain/southern Italy.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Cliche but I'll rather wait until he's had a proper run in the team before declaring that. I'd understand him not getting one if the other attackers are producing but despite everything he's still looked better than Pulisic with fewer chances.

The closest he's had to one is this Autumn and (finishing aside) he was excellent and unless you count the wingbacks as such our best attacker during our best run of form performance wise for quite a while.

His problem for sure is consistency. A problem that sadly all of our attackers have. But even at his best level in his best form I don’t think he offers enough at a club with title ambitions to be in the best XI. Almost never scores goals and is infuriatingly frustrating with his decision making  in the final third.

Like, for those wide positions I don’t think Cal’s best form is close to Pulisic’s or even Timo’s. Both of the latter can score and assist. As I mentioned in the match day thread the other day against Brighton, CHO is basically a poor imitation of Willian. Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist, runs around a lot, frustrates the hell out of us when he’s in the final third. But what Willian had that CHO doesn’t is the ability to consistently beat players 1v1 and drive into dangerous areas. 

5 hours ago, Jase said:

But majority from the bench tho. He played minutes equal to 35 games. Still bad.

He's more of a creator.  10 open play PL assists in 3202 minutes.

Mount for example has 6 in 7112 minutes.

Edited by NikkiCFC

He still has age and time on his side but it was apparent he needed to be told to take on a slower fullback tonight. With his experience he should know that himself 

just needs to get his confidence up. We need 1vs1 players and him to realize he is one 

Grealish lol
Pretty much interchangeable with any other player City already had in the final third.

Odoi's best season by far tho -- finally showing something we've expected from him.

Edited by robsblubot