Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Depends on how much he values money. Massive difference in playing for England vs Ghana. 

Money should have no bearing. It should come down to representing the country he feels most connected to.

On 09/11/2021 at 17:00, LAM09 said:

Money should have no bearing. It should come down to representing the country he feels most connected to.

You say this, but playing for the English national side brings in a lot of money that is consideration for a lot of people. Grealish and Rice for instance played for Ireland then jumped across as soon as they knew they'll get selected. Additionally, someone like Zaha held out for a good while before committing to IC. 

Obviously, there are some players like Broja who just goes straight out amd play for Albania but I wouldn't say it is a simple case of players just picking the country they feel most connected too in a lot if cases.  

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

You say this, but playing for the English national side brings in a lot of money that is consideration for a lot of people. Grealish and Rice for instance played for Ireland then jumped across as soon as they knew they'll get selected. Additionally, someone like Zaha held out for a good while before committing to IC. 

Obviously, there are some players like Broja who just goes straight out amd play for Albania but I wouldn't say it is a simple case of players just picking the country they feel most connected too in a lot if cases.  

I guess it ultimately comes down to each players' mindset.

I won't even get started where England - Ireland, NI, Scotland & Wales are concerned. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

7 starts in a row! Happy he scored, what a player he will be. Also proud because I always believed in him even when many gave up on him.

People don’t realise that we’re looking incredibly liquid in attack at the moment because Callum is conducting a lot of the play. He’s doing a lot of good things when it comes to creating, dictating the tempo in the final third, making the right decisions in the final third. 

Just needs to sort out his finishing in general, and be given more game time so he can increase his risk appetite… 

He’s still not anywhere near his best imo. Still has a lot of room to grow. 

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

His decision making in front of goal has cost us 4 points. If he makes right decision in first half we win this comfortably 3-0

He is a terrible finisher. Always has been. That is why he has just 4 league goals in 60 apperances. Still he has time on his side. Still just 21.  I dont really trust any of our other attackers would have finished that better.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

I dont really trust any of our other attackers would have finished that better.

True. We criticize him a lot but Abraham scored 15 PL goals 2 seasons ago. Last season no attacker more than 6. This season Lukaku top with just 3 goals after 13 rounds. 

If our defenders did not score so much goals we would be in deep, deep shit... Even today, Silva won pen, we waited for Rudi to score match winner...

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, maxlev said:

We have lost alot of points in matches because of this guy. Man utd match, almost happened against Aston villa, against Brighton yesterday. He waste alot of opportunities upfront.

Burnley as well...

I think his "metrics" are misbelieving considering he constantly fails the eye test. He's had a good run of games now and all that he's proved in my opinion is how incredibly one dimensional he is.

Cuts inside time and time again on his right. Entirely predictable. 

Has lost all his pace and acceleration to take players on. (Seeing CB's match him for pace is embarrassing) 

Is a poor finisher and poor in the final third. 

He's joining RLC in being a player that is only here because they are a club product. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really surprised there isn't more noise being made about him. People forgetting he was demanding this & that to remain at the club.

Trying to figure out what he actually offers aside from pace to run down the line and then spot and pass back.