Olivier Giroud

milka

1 hour ago, Jason said:

There have been so many games this season where he's not done much when not scoring. 

So many? There are just 5 games this season when Giroud played more than 60 minutes and didn't score. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The point is, Giroud's impact has been minimal when he doesn't score. 

So sorry for you he signed for Chelsea club or at least he didn't leave during the last winter break cos' fc Chelsea and supporters like you deserve quick, young and expansive players. I understand so much your frustation and i can only  sympathize with you to be obliged to bear an old man clumsy and slower than your grandmother instead of watching playing for our team, our young golden boys. Don't give up, you're so right to make observe us Giroud's uselessness and this atrocious statistic just in case some people think he could be Cristiano or Lewandowski.

4 minutes ago, MONEYBALL said:

So sorry for you he signed for Chelsea club or at least he didn't leave during the last winter break cos' fc Chelsea and supporters like you deserve quick, young and expansive players. I understand so much your frustation and i can only  sympathize with you to be obliged to bear an old man clumsy and slower than your grandmother instead of watching playing for our team, our young golden boys. Don't give up, you're so right to make observe us Giroud's uselessness and this atrocious statistic just in case some people think he could be Cristiano or Lewandowski.

tenor.gif?itemid=4999610

I've said it before, but what a professional. 

Comes on does the business, doesnt moan when left out just does extra training, keeps himself 100% mentally fit as well as physical.

Easily the most mature in the squad -him and Azpi.

Shame we havent a few more years out of him 🗼

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our best goalscorer in CL this season. Only Haaland and Mbappe scored more. 6 goals in just 257 mins.

Thanks for everything you legend! 3 and a half years here, played big part in Fa Cup title with Conte, EL with Sarri he was best player of the tournament, last season he was essential for getting top4 and this season again great campaign in CL.

If you look his minutes he played around 5700 mins which is 63 games total and he had 39 goals.

Changing Arse for Chelsea was great decision for him. Now he has World Cup and CL. 2 most important trophies! Plus Fa Cups, Ligue 1, EL... Great career. 

Still has a couple of years in his legs in Italy I think. Good luck!

On 30/05/2021 at 03:25, NikkiCFC said:

Our best goalscorer in CL this season. Only Haaland and Mbappe scored more. 6 goals in just 257 mins.

Thanks for everything you legend! 3 and a half years here, played big part in Fa Cup title with Conte, EL with Sarri he was best player of the tournament, last season he was essential for getting top4 and this season again great campaign in CL.

If you look his minutes he played around 5700 mins which is 63 games total and he had 39 goals.

Changing Arse for Chelsea was great decision for him. Now he has World Cup and CL. 2 most important trophies! Plus Fa Cups, Ligue 1, EL... Great career. 

Still has a couple of years in his legs in Italy I think. Good luck!

5696 minutes

39 goals

14 assists (10 were in 2018-19, under Sarri)

53 total goals produced or one every 107.5 minutes (so one goal produced per every 1.19 games)

a goal scored every 146 minutes

super rate of return

I hope none of us depreciete the contribution of Olivier in the Champions league.

Besides having been crucial in our run of top4 in Lampard first season, he scored the victory against Rennes in French and score 4 goals againts Seville that help us to make the first place and ofc the goal againts Atletico.

Very well, Olivier!

46 minutes ago, Mário César said:

I hope none of us depreciete the contribution of Olivier in the Champions league.

Besides having been crucial in our run of top4 in Lampard first season, he scored the victory against Rennes in French and score 4 goals againts Seville that help us to make the first place and ofc the goal againts Atletico.

Very well, Olivier!

I don't think that will happen. Not just in the Champions League but his Chelsea career overall has been outstanding given it looked like he was coming in very much as a short term option. To have got 3 and a half seasons out of him has been money very well spent.

He's popped up with some critical goals across three cup runs that have ended in trophies and you can see how important his experience has been amongst a young group of players.

I do think the time is right for him to leave, simply because his style and inability to press high doesn't suit Tuchel. He can definitely still do a job at a high level, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Italy as has been suggested and be a success for the next couple of years.

It's sweetly ironic that he'll be yet another Arsenal player who will almost certainly end up looking back at his career, and Chelsea will be his favourite part of it with the success he's enjoyed here.

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

Very well, Olivier!

He definitely was a contributor. Esp the goal vs Atletico was a turning point for me in that tie. it does not look like now but the first tie "away" vs Atletico was on a knife's edge. Atleti's counter attacks were dangerous enough to unnerve a team that was at that point not too self-confident. Our hardest challenge in the competition until the final.  Giroud's goal was an absolute shocker to Atletico, definitely not in their plan and effectively decided the tie cos it allowed us to dictate the terms of the second leg.