Olivier Giroud

milka

Good decision. Either he will still be in the squad. Remind that he scored decisive goals this season especially in the CL and will continue teaching younger players with his exceptional professional standards. Or he will be transferred with a fee. All good for Chelsea in any cases.

Edited by BXL70

On 06/06/2021 at 18:06, different level said:

As long as Giroud keeps doing what he does I'll be happy to keep him as a wildcard attacking option. He has played that part in every season since he joined and I'd to say he's exceeded my expectations.

Me too. Where I am at the moment is he does stay next year unless we get a £10m+ offer for him. No point selling for under that as he has the potential to turn 1 point into 3 in games where teams sit super deep on us. 

hace 24 minutos, Jas dijo:

Drama in the France camp...

If he felt so personally attacked then Oli’s probably right or got a basis for it.

Otherwise why would he feel its about him 😂?

Edited by OneMoSalah

3 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Sounds like Mbappe is worried for his place. Benzema back, Griezmann ended the season in form, Giroud always playing well for France NT. The Golden Boy might end up on the bench

No, cant see it that way... I think maybe Mbappe has preference to play with Benzema (likely also in the next club) so that is the reason.

Mbappe 'affected' by Giroud criticism

https://www.the42.ie/mbappe-affected-by-giroud-criticism-5465901-Jun2021/

KYLIAN MBAPPE admitted he was “affected” by public comments perceived as criticism from fellow forward Olivier Giroud following a friendly against Bulgaria, but insisted he did not want it to become a distraction for France at Euro 2020.

Tensions surfaced between the two players after Chelsea striker Giroud complained about not receiving the ball often enough during Tuesday’s 3-0 win over Bulgaria, in which he scored twice.

“I was a bit affected by that but we’re not going to make a big story about it,” Mbappe told reporters Sunday at the national training centre at Clairefontaine.

“We’re here to represent France and the national team represents the most important thing. We have a big competition and these trivial things aren’t going to disrupt our preparation.”

Mbappe, the leading scorer in Ligue 1 last season with 27 goals, revealed he had wanted to address the matter earlier in the week but was dissuaded from doing so by France coach Didier Deschamps.

“I wanted to come Thursday (to the press conference) to explain myself. After speaking with the coach, it wasn’t the best moment,” said the 22-year-old.

“He decided the best time was today, so I did as I was told and came today.”

The Paris Saint-Germain star claimed it wasn’t what Giroud said that bothered him, but the public nature of his remarks.

“I saw him in the dressing room, I went to congratulate him on his goals. He didn’t say anything to me and then I learned about it in the media.

“I would have preferred that he come and even be much more scathing about it. In the dressing room if I have something to say to someone I will tell them and it stays there, I don’t have a problem.”

But Mbappe sought to draw a line under the brewing feud ahead of France’s tournament opener against Germany in Munich on Tuesday.

“I don’t want that to disturb the team. We will already have very difficult tests, we don’t need to make things even harder.”

Giroud, 34, is France’s second highest scorer of all time, his 46 goals second only to Thierry Henry (51).

The world champions have a wealth of attacking options though with the return of Karim Benzema to the squad following a five-and-a-half year exile, and Antoine Griezmann also in the squad.

Les Bleus take on Hungary in Budapest in their second match in Group F and then face defending champions Portugal at the Puskas Arena on June 19 in a repeat of the 2016 final.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Can't believe Ac Milan have the nerve to ask us for a free transfer here. why would we bother with prolonign is contract if we were fine with having him leave on a free.

Pretty sure there was a clause that activated a few months ago, in April, Giroud said so himself IIRC. So maybe Milans interest didn’t materialise then? If they wanted him back then they really should have made an offer for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, King Kante said:

Looks like he is off to Milan for €2m. Personally, I don't see the point, I'd rather keep him than recieve €2m. 

its is a £7.5m net gain

as we remove his £5.7m salary from the books as well

pretty decent business by Marina

Edited by Vesper

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Looks like he is off to Milan for €2m. Personally, I don't see the point, I'd rather keep him than recieve €2m. 

What happened to this? 

On 07/07/2021 at 03:07, King Kante said:

As for the culling, the real issue is more wages than fees, so it is kind of a case of every little helps.