Olivier Giroud

milka

Well that's one I certainly didn't see coming. The club statement even says the option to extend was activated by the club already in April.

With some complications in the club's hunt for a new striker I suppose it makes some sense to have him as a backup option if the man himself agrees with a smaller role now? Surely an experienced player like Oli is a good influence in the dressing room.

Dont get why we have renewed him. He barely played with Tuchel? Although he is useful clearly in certain systems and when you need a goalz Unless the renewal is for resale but again he’s 34 or something? Interesting either way...

If he’s signed because he’s willing to stay and fight, to keep doing what he does, continuing to be an exceptionally hard worker by all accounts and very professional even when not playing, then kudos to him also. Just see it as strange thought he would like to have finished his career playing every week.

I guess once Oli made the France squad he stopped caring about playing time.... albeit there is a World Cup next season 

but I already suspected early this season deschamps would take Giroud even if he spent the year on an lsd trip down rainbow boulevard 

for sure means Tammy is gone