Edin Dzeko

the wes

16 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Thats fine having a plan. But what u cant do is get a great manager in not give him the funds or resources in which he needs, expect far to much and then eventually sack them. Getting boring now running out of top managers.

Whatever Roman!s plan is, he has reasons for it and it makes sense to him. He will certainly be aware of the potentially negative consequences of some decisions but if he believes the plan is necessary, then he has to follow it.

We’re not able to speculate too much because we don’t know the whys and wherefores of the blueprint, but it’s only common sense that a boss shouldn’t start sacking people when all they are doing is carrying out the instructions they’ve been given. 

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barkley is a better signing than Zappa, Drinkwater and Bakayoko. It is also cheaper. Also dont forget that we are in the winter transfer period. 
I'm talking more about the ability to get deals done. No one should forget deals such as Hector & Papy that were last minute swoops because of inability to get deals done.

I'd be shocked if this double deal is done before Wednesday, if at all.

4 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Whatever Roman!s plan is, he has reasons for it and it makes sense to him. He will certainly be aware of the potentially negative consequences of some decisions but if he believes the plan is necessary, then he has to follow it.

We’re not able to speculate too much because we don’t know the whys and wherefores of the blueprint, but it’s only common sense that a boss shouldn’t start sacking people when all they are doing is carrying out the instructions they’ve been given. 

Talking about the manager been sacked.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

I'm talking more about the ability to get deals done. No one should forget deals such as Hector & Papy that were last minute swoops because of inability to get deals done.

I'd be shocked if this double deal is done before Wednesday, if at all.

I think getting deals done in the winter must be harder than in the summer. The fact is we did not get stronger last summer, but we did slightly by signing Barkley.

6 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Talking about the manager been sacked.

No, talking about the original comment to which I replied. The one wondering why Roman was just sitting back and not sacking the board who are making these decisions. In the end, the board is doing Roman’s bidding. If they didn’t, then they would certainly be out.

I think getting deals done in the winter must be harder than in the summer. The fact is we did not get stronger last summer, but we did slightly by signing Barkley.
We signed Zappacosta in the summer largely down to the fact Sandro wasn't obtained. I believe the player pool is smaller but the ability to get deals done isn't any different once the clubs have come to an agreement.

The supposed hold up in this deal is the length of Dzeko's contract/wage. Shouldn't take weeks to come to a swift conclusion.

get deals done isn't any different once the clubs have come to an agreement.

You have less time to reach an agreement in winter. Player and the other club also know you have less alternatives, so they would not lower or change their demands. Both factors make reaching an agreement/getting the deals done more difficult imo.

25 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No, talking about the original comment to which I replied. The one wondering why Roman was just sitting back and not sacking the board who are making these decisions. In the end, the board is doing Roman’s bidding. If they didn’t, then they would certainly be out.

No I didn't mean the board in my original post I meant the manger lol.

Imagine how many unnecessary managerial changes could have been avoided if this ridiculous no-long-contracts-for-over-30yo-players-policy wasn't implemented in the first place. So often we have seen Chelsea managers lose important figures in the squad simply because those players weren't offered longer contracts and thus the managers had to just deal with the fact the squad was getting light on depth, quality and experience. I bet an opposite approach would have also been a lot more cost-effective considering how expensive it is to fire one manager after another and how much money has been spent on finding replacements for the older players whose contracts ran out. But hey let's leave this stuff to the accountants, I'm sure they can make this policy look pretty in their Excel sheets.

You’re right, it hasn’t. Instead of stopping and thinking, people have just taken to stupidly demonising someone else. People who once cast Michael Emenalo as the most useless person on the planet, now assign that role to some other lad, or more likely, lass.
I’d say some people need fewer devices on which to interact with the internet, and more mirrors in which to take a long hard look at themselves. 
Not sure if your post is aimed at anyone in particular on here or just a generalisation.

I'm now of the mindset that all the clogs that make the wheel turn are to blame for our sorry state in recent windows in terms of arrivals. Managers of any club should live & die by their own sword instead of others.

21 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Imagine how many unnecessary managerial changes could have been avoided if this ridiculous no-long-contracts-for-over-30yo-players-policy wasn't implemented in the first place. So often we have seen Chelsea managers lose important figures in the squad simply because those players weren't offered longer contracts and thus the managers had to just deal with the fact the squad was getting light on depth, quality and experience. I bet an opposite approach would have also been a lot more cost-effective considering how expensive it is to fire one manager after another and how much money has been spent on finding replacements for the older players whose contracts ran out. But hey let's leave this stuff to the accountants, I'm sure they can make this policy look pretty in their Excel sheets.

It was not having that policy that led to us adopting it in the first place, by 2010 ALL our key players were over 30.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:
8 hours ago, Laylabelle said:
Summer be interesting with the transfer window closing earlier... Expect more of the same... Approach someone at the start.. All falls through at the end 

Looks like Emenalo leaving has made no difference at all

Emenalo was just a scapegoat for people, which is what a few of us have been saying for years on here... it’s clear to see the problem runs far deeper than that. Finally people are beginning to see this. 

Emenalo was just a scapegoat for people, it’s clear to see the problem runs far deeper than that. 
I always believed that was the issue but hoped one less "shot caller" would help improve the situation.

I always believed that was the issue but hoped one less "shot caller" would help improve the situation.

If anything Emenalo was probably the cog holding it all together. He was the only one close to the board who actually had proper football knowledge and any sort of experience in the football world. Unless we sign a really good technical director everything will just go south from here onwards imo. 

If anything Emenalo was probably the cog holding it all together. He was the only one close to the board who actually had proper football knowledge and any sort of experience in the football world. Unless we sign a really good technical director everything will just go south from here onwards imo. 
It was also detrimental at times. I certainly agree with your last point, though.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You