Edin Dzeko

the wes

7 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

tuesday midday deadline if we wanted to use him v Bournemouth (unlikely in any instance).  Sort it tomorrow or go get Giroud i would (yes i do rate him :) )

I don't think we'd be using Dzeko either way against Bournemouth (even if we signed him in the next hour)

The best chance of an appearance for any new signing would be on the weekend.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

I don't think we'd be using Dzeko either way against Bournemouth (even if we signed him in the next hour)

The best chance of an appearance for any new signing would be on the weekend.

Yeh i wouldnt have expected him to play tbh. 

Arsenal seem to have agreed a fee for Aubameyang according to Kicker, who say Giroud wont be involved as he wants to stay in London, so will likely come here

I would like this to happen, but Dzeko wants a long ass deal and he's nearly 32. It means keeping him at the club until he's 36. Fabregas and the rest will want longer deals too if we make a precedent for Dzeko. As much as it would be good to have him at the club, the club's policy is there for a reason. People need to understand that. 

Just now, ChelseaFanUK said:

Roman needs to really shake the board structure up at this place.  I get that Marina drives a hard bargain, but shes too stubborn and we are going to miss out on quality additions because of her, literally

It's nothing to do with that. We have a policy of 1 year contracts to over 30's. It's there for a reason. Dzeko either accepts the deal with an extension or stays at a struggling Roma. 

2 minutes ago, It's too big said:

It's nothing to do with that. We have a policy of 1 year contracts to over 30's. It's there for a reason. Dzeko either accepts the deal with an extension or stays at a struggling Roma. 

In general terms too though. Peter Kenyon was the best of the Roman era.  

There have been so many conflicting reports and don't even know where to begin with this. Seems the main issue about this deal is the contract length. If we aren't willing to give what Dzeko wants or he's not willing to accept what we offer, then we are still insistent on dragging this? Why not just move on and look elsewhere for options, even if they are mostly shit options? We are acting like a bunch of amateurs in negotiations. Be decisive and get the deal done, if not move on! Dread to think what will happen in the summer with the transfer window being shorter, World Cup going on and uncertainties around Conte, Courtois, Hazard.

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

I would like this to happen, but Dzeko wants a long ass deal and he's nearly 32. It means keeping him at the club until he's 36. Fabregas and the rest will want longer deals too if we make a precedent for Dzeko. As much as it would be good to have him at the club, the club's policy is there for a reason. People need to understand that. 

Okay, but this obstacle wasn't then established those few weeks ago when we started negotiations? It's okay if they have some kind of policy and stick to it, but why the fuck are we again near the deadline without any fucking progress? Where are the alternative targets? It's the manner in which we try to do deals that irks me, we dwell on one target too long and then panic. Where is our new LWB when Kenedy and Baba have been loaned out already?  It's just sheer incompetence.

There have been so many conflicting reports and don't even know where to begin with this. Seems the main issue about this deal is the contract length. If we aren't willing to give what Dzeko wants or he's not willing to accept what we offer, then we are still insistent on dragging this? Why not just move on and look elsewhere for options, even if they are mostly shit options? We are acting like a bunch of amateurs in negotiations. Be decisive and get the deal done, if not move on! Dread to think what will happen in the summer with the transfer window being shorter, World Cup going on and uncertainties around Conte, Courtois, Hazard.

I think the fact Emerson is supposedly part of the deal is why we're still in negotiations.

Where is our new LWB when Kenedy and Baba have been loaned out already?  It's just sheer incompetence.

I'm sure Baba hasn't joined Schalke yet, so I presume it's dependant on a replacement coming in first.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You