Wilfried Zaha

the wes

2 hours ago, mccg said:

Like he would admit it anyway.  But it did seem like paper nonsense as something like that last night would be picked up by more than one outlet

21 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

player/s plus cash deal I could see happening but not the straight 75m. maybe Drinkwater plus cash..

Yeah. If there is a time Drinkwater wants to feel important to this club and play a part for the future success, he needs to be used in this swap.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:55 AM, Special Juan said:

Getting Zaha not only strengthens our starting 11 but it also bolsters the squad. Pedro has just signed an extension, CHO is now in the frame, both are superb options off the bench and would give us so much more depth just by bringing in Zaha.

We still have an issue with our striker though, I am massively worried about Morata, if we can somehow solve that, even if it means Michy starting I would be delighted.

Tibo

Azpilicueta Luiz Rudiger Emerson

Jorginho Kante

Barkley

Zaha Batshuayi Hazard

That team can go far.

I wouldnt have my hopes high on Bats. Its all just wishful thinking he will be good because Morata is so bad. Fact is we need new striker. 

Emerson is completely unproven thanks to Conte. Had few good games, but that means nothing. He needs run of 5-10 consecutive games before we can judge if we need new LB or not (but who are we kiddin, Alonso will play anyway :( )

Luiz is liability as CB in 4atb. So far. I doubt Sarri will do miracles, Luiz simply isnt reliable CB (but he is great character and motivator to have). 

Barkley? Nothing special about him so far. Ok player, good potential and has chance to surprise positively, but as of now he is only decent player, not creative enough.

I also have worries about Tib giving his all if he isnt focused on staying. 

And Azpilicueta. This one will be hard to say and probably unpopular. The man is fantastic defender. I realy realy realy like him. But I have doubts he can actualy play possession football. You know, in a manner like Ghoulam, Lahm, Marcelo who are very clever in attack, good on the ball and dynamic. Press high etc. Azpi is pure defender and when he goes forward, he can put a great cross, but he is hardly someone who can be realy creative from wing or take on opponents and dribble past/or pass realy cleverly (which is very important in Sarri system).

Zaha isnt here, but IMO he is someone a big team would buy for rotation. If he ended here, it would be more as desperate option, just to add something in attack rather a real proven quality that we desperately need. 

-----

Now I know this is our reality, Im not pointing out we should replace them all or whatever, but IMO this team isnt one that can "go far". If we finish 4th, I would be happy enough fot upcoming season.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Give them Drinkwater on a permanent, plus RLC on loan and chuck some cash at them.

Very simple.

I would bet that Drinkwater and Zaha are on similar salaries,

As I posted in the other thread, it's not "Very simple."

Why would Crystal Palace get rid of their star man Zaha to add Drinkwater to their books and have to pay him the same over the next few years?

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I think its too late for this deal to happen but as mentioned by others, RLC will absolutely be in the deal if it happens.  

Seen on Twitter the Premier League site has him on Palace at loan, typo?

I don't know if it just isn't updated from last season.

But, the Chelsea FC official site has him listed under the loan players as well.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You