Wilfried Zaha

the wes

1 hour ago, DDA said:

I like him. I think he could fit into our team you know. His end product is far more superior to that of Willians.

Not sure if Willian is the right player to use as a yardstick TBH given he's so average.

Zaha has some qualities but I don't think he's top class material and while he can do great things, he can also be wildly inconsistent with his form or end product, which is something we don't need to add to this squad.

I think if he continues for the rest of the season the way he's played so far he'll definitely be on his way back to a big club again. Could see him at Spuds or Arsenal if/when Sanchez leaves. 

I think if he continues for the rest of the season the way he's played so far he'll definitely be on his way back to a big club again. Could see him at Spuds or Arsenal if/when Sanchez leaves. 
I'm sure Spurs will pursue their interest in him once again

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm sure Spurs will pursue their interest in him once again

Yep. Think he'd be deadly there with his high energy. Perfect Pochettino player.

Just now, Jason said:

Indeed. A player below the top class level and won't help elevate the team to another level.

I think the very top clubs (City, ourselves, United) will be scared away by his previous stint at a big club but someone like Spuds, Arsenal or even Everton may see him as someone with massive upside. I doubt Arse will be able to sign anyone near Sanchez's level to replace him so may look to Zaha who's a very similar player in terms of playing style. If Liverpool weren't already loaded with attacking players he'd be perfect for them as well.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I think the very top clubs (City, ourselves, United) will be scared away by his previous stint at a big club but someone like Spuds, Arsenal or even Everton may see him as someone with massive upside. I doubt Arse will be able to sign anyone near Sanchez's level to replace him so may look to Zaha who's a very similar player in terms of playing style. If Liverpool weren't already loaded with attacking players he'd be perfect for them as well.

If that is the case, then it says a lot about the different level of ambition between the ones aiming to be the best and the ones happy to just being in the mix.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Not sure if Willian is the right player to use as a yardstick TBH given he's so average.

Zaha has some qualities but I don't think he's top class material and while he can do great things, he can also be wildly inconsistent with his form or end product, which is something we don't need to add to this squad.

Yea, fair point about Willian. Zaha is definitely incosistent but I think he would surprise a lot of people if he joined us. Sometimes with a player you just have a feeling they would fit in our club. For me, he is one of them.

On 18/12/2017 at 11:34 AM, ja1 said:

I actually like him. I think we could do a lot worse than Zaha if we wanted to replace one of Pedro/Willian with a young squad player with potential. 

I quite like him. We need someone to make a difference for us.

The more I think about it, the more I like this move. 

People are constantly obsessed with world class at every position, but it really isn't a mandatory part if the player fits how he should. Dembele for Barca isn't some world beater. Sterling at City, Sane too, and even Salah at Liverpool aren't over the top great players, but they look spectacular allowed to play the right way. I really think Zaha will add some directness to our play, and possibly get the ball up quicker than what we do now. Not to mention, he is extremely strong for a winger which is always a plus. Finishing was always his biggest weakness, but seems to be putting it together a bit in that department too. 

Would not mind at all if we ended up getting this one done. I'm a bit tired of seeing Willian hold the ball up on the wings, and Pedro run around like a headless chicken at times. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You