• Bakayoko
    • Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

If he starts against Wet Spam, will you then believe he was rested? And most important game? We had already qualified, nothing to play for except for 1st or 2nd place formality. Our most important games have been in the league and Alonso has started all of them. And the physical conditions of Drinks and Moses could be different, only Conte and his fitness coaches know. Or it was just a necessary risk to start Moses to accomodate Zap in order to give Alonso a break.

The chances of his starting are more than likely, so it won't change my opinion. Other players should have been rested if that was the case.

I'm aware of the fact we had already qualified, but it was clear for all to see Conte wanted to win the group despite his comments.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The chances of his starting are more than likely, so it won't change my opinion. Other players should have been rested if that was the case.
I'm aware of the fact we had already qualified, but it was clear for all to see Conte wanted to win the group despite his comments.
If he wasn't rested then why are his chances to start more than likely?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

I can't believe the notion that Alonso was "rested" in what was effectively our most important game of the season thus far yet everyone else played. Unsure about Drinkwater's situation as well considering Moses could start two games in the same time frame despite recently returning.

He definitely was rested. It was not our most important game of the season. We have already qualified. We wanted to finish top however worst-case scenario, we were always through. He is obviously getting knackered playing week in, week out and Conte obviously thought he could get a win without him, which we should of. No doubt about it, he will be back in tomorrow.

He definitely was rested. It was not our most important game of the season. We have already qualified. We wanted to finish top however worst-case scenario, we were always through. He is obviously getting knackered playing week in, week out and Conte obviously thought he could get a win without him, which we should of. No doubt about it, he will be back in tomorrow.
I'll leave the second point up to debate. Roll on Monday

14 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Wing back is the most demanding position in term of stamina. You basically need to go up and down the full length of the pitch every game, I am not surprised that Conte decided to rest Alonso since he has basically played almost all of our games 

West Ham

Huddersfield

Soton

Bournemouth

Brighton 

Stoke

Win 6 out of 6 and we'll be close to the top I reckon. City have United and Tottenham during that stretch. Always hopeful of a slip up

14 hours ago, LAM09 said:

The Zappacosta experiment wasn't exactly successful

Was okay I thought. Zappacosta is limited but he's doing the little things like running all game, stretching opposition defenses. 

Could be better but as rotation to Moses, I'm okay with Zappacosta so far.

Was okay I thought. Zappacosta is limited but he's doing the little things like running all game, stretching opposition defenses. 
Could be better but as rotation to Moses, I'm okay with Zappacosta so far.
So did I but prefer him as a RWB. Need another LWB urgently, as Kenedy doesn't seem to be getting a chance whilst Baba isn't close to returning either.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

West Ham

Huddersfield

Soton

Bournemouth

Brighton 

Stoke

Win 6 out of 6 and we'll be close to the top I reckon. City have United and Tottenham during that stretch. Always hopeful of a slip up

Wow. Didn't know our upcoming fixtures were that soft. Southampton can always give anyone a tough game but these are all very winnable assuming we continue the form we're in now.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wow. Didn't know our upcoming fixtures were that soft. Southampton can always give anyone a tough game but these are all very winnable assuming we continue the form we're in now.

Because it's slightly fake...

First of all, Bournemouth game is in Carabao Cup.

Secondly, we have Everton away before Brighton. It will be a tough game now with Big Sam.

Conte says Drinkwater is out with a fever so unless we play with a Cesc/Kante midfield 2 Baka is right back in. That may be a bummer for some here, but I think him playing against a poor West Ham side will help him regain his confidence.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Drinkwater is a fucking crock, is he actually falling to pieces or what?

Seems like the unluckiest guy on Earth this season. Just rounding into form and then gets sick. Hopefully he's over it by next week.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Oh of course I have, difference being is I come to work and crack on.

Fucking fannies these footballers.

It's embarassing how footballers behave to be quite frank. 

You can't please some people. When footballer play with some sort of health issues and made mistake because of it people shitting on him. When footballer have some sort of health issues and he decides to not play because of it people still shitting on him. Fever can have big negative impact on his concentration and it could cost his team 3 points. Why the hell he should step on the pitch with it?