Ricardo Carvalho

the wes

so since Ricci is not w/ qpha, what will his status be??? Will he get the Malouda treatment?

He already sort of has been. He hardly plays, a bit like Paulo Ferreira with us. I doubt Mourinho would put him in the U21's but i think that is the club trying to stimulate Malouda into action, as maybe his pride won't let him play in such a manner and he will accept a loan or lower wage package elsewhere.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The international portuguese player joined AS Monaco FC for the next saison 2013-2014. Free of contract after 3 seasons in Real Madrid, Ricardo Carvalho signed this tuesday for one season with one year in option. After FC Porto, Chelsea and Real Madrid, the defender, 35 years old, will play in a new "exciting league. I'm very happy to join AS Monaco FC and to be part of the new adventure. This is a new challenge for me".

• 5 months later...

I think pair of Terry and Ricky in general was superb, one of best ever, credit goes to Cech aswell and there was Cole at his prime, one of best full backs of last ten years...god we were so lucky to see them all play for us.

What I loved about Riccy was he wasn't particularly a really tall player or really strong but he was quick for a CB, excellent at reading the game and despite being physically smaller than most CBs in the PL at the time would throw himself into tackles. Was a brilliant player for us, hes still kicking ass in France too. Think he was better than JT tbh, both exceptional CBs though.

• 2 months later...

Hahaha :lol:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/11/oops-former-chelsea-defender-ricardo-carvalho-forgets-how-to-wear-a-football-kit-4258438/

Professional footballers have a bit of a reputation for not being the brightest members of society, but you’d think they can at least put clothes on properly.

However, it appears not, with Monaco defender Ricardo Carvalho wearing his shirt the wrong way around during a game with Montpellier this week.

The former Chelsea star was desperate to get onto the pitch but accidentally put his top on the wrong way – before the referee had to point it out.

Carvalho, who has made over 500 professional appearances, will hopefully learn from the incident.

carvalho.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...