Serge Aurier

6 hours ago, Barbara said:

When and where did I hear something similar?
Oh that's right, deadline month and day last season from every other poster around here. Maybe people should start recycling their posts from a year ago.
And I'm not only criticizing lack of faith and the team proving anyone wrong, me included, but mainly the same assumption that Manchester clubs would dominate. I saw how dominant they were...

It's crazy talk isn't it. Oh let's all talk hypotheticals because of what? Absolutely nothing. There's no proof whatsoever to say Utd or City will win the league apart from a decent pre-season. Over the course of a season anything can happen. I would rather not speculate. Nobody expected Leicester to win the league, and nobody expected us to the win the league last year. I have no doubt it will be tougher with the extra fixtures from CL, but it's the same for every club with added fixtures and just as much chance as us of injuries. People just enjoy being pessimistic, negative and overly dramatic in general. I would prefer not to talk in ifs, buts and maybes because nobody knows until the season is over. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, King11Didier said:

The thing is both manchester clubs made a really good summer transfers and strengthen their teams even more, while Chelsea, one can say, that they even make their squad weaker after this summer. Also there is CL competition this year and rotations have to be made, the problem is that there aren't players for rotations... 

Really? How have Utd strengthened? I would argue Ibrahimovic saved them last year from worse than 6th place with his goals. They have bought Lukaku who may or may not score as many goals as people are saying he will. They bought unknown in Lindelof and Matic, who you could argue has had his best days. They finished last season in 6th with pretty much the same squad. Who have they bought this summer that you can look at and call a game changer? Matic isn't a game changer, neither is lindelof, and you can argue what does Lukaku bring much different than Ibrahimovic apart from youth? I think he's inferior to a 34 year old Ibrahimovic in almost all areas except pace and youth.

City have bought B.Silva who was part of a very good Monaco side, but it's fair to say he and Mendy are both unknown quantities. Walker is a good player, but has his faults, and Danilo I don't know much about. They have upgraded their keeper, but that's about it. What makes them any different than last year? Pep will still continue to be stubborn in his tactics, which is obvious by his purchases this summer. City are arguably one of the stronger squads in the league in terms of quality, but they've also shown to be a team of mercenaries, not a TEAM who will fight together as one. I, for one, am certainly not overly concerned about City adding Mendy, Silva, Walker and a Keeper because apart from Walker they've not shown anything out of the ordinary to suggest they will be special game changing talents. 

However, I could say the same for us with Rudiger, Morata and Bakayoko, so again, it's all just speculation. We won the league last year though, and this summer we've brought in players of very good quality. It isn't us who need to worry, it's our opponents who need to strengthen to do better than us in the league. 

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

Well, can we blame him?

United clearly have far bigger ambitions than Chelsea at this point.

If that's true then how comes they haven't won a league title since 2012/13? Yet we've won the CL, EL, and 2 premier league titles in that time. I think I know who is more ambitious. Your talking out your arse like a few posters here, unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

If that's true then how comes they haven't won a league title since 2012/13? Yet we've won the CL, EL, and 2 premier league titles in that time. I think I know who is more ambitious. Your talking out your arse like a few posters here, unfortunately. 

Ambition is something that you have about your future, not your past.
Look at how United are building. They are giving their manager whatever he wants. They spent almost 200m on Pogba and Lukaku, two of the most promising players in the world.

They covered almost all of the flaws. They managed not to sell De Gea, arguably the best GK in the world at the moment.

In the meantime, the champions (us) are losing out on almost all of their main targets (last summer and this summer). No Koulibaly, no Sandro. A lot of reports claim that we have a 30m, give or take, barrier when it comes to transfer fees.

As much as I hate United and I despise Mourinho, I have to admit that Jose has a lot more benefits there than Conte has here.

The recent success is not an argument for ambition. The actions for the future are arguments.

Why would Aurier care that we won a lot of trophies since United's last EPL win? That's like saying that Arsenal are more attractive than City because they  have won two throphies in the past two months.

Our board needs to start getting the job done again with at least one big, expensive signing in order to make a point. Morata doesn't cut it.

8 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Ambition is something that you have about your future, not your past.
Look at how United are building. They are giving their manager whatever he wants. They spent almost 200m on Pogba and Lukaku, two of the most promising players in the world.

They covered almost all of the flaws. They managed not to sell De Gea, arguably the best GK in the world at the moment.

In the meantime, the champions (us) are losing out on almost all of their main targets (last summer and this summer). No Koulibaly, no Sandro. A lot of reports claim that we have a 30m, give or take, barrier when it comes to transfer fees.

As much as I hate United and I despise Mourinho, I have to admit that Jose has a lot more benefits there than Conte has here.

The recent success is not an argument for ambition. The actions for the future are arguments.

Why would Aurier care that we won a lot of trophies since United's last EPL win? That's like saying that Arsenal are more attractive than City because they  have won two throphies in the past two months.

Our board needs to start getting the job done again with at least one big, expensive signing in order to make a point. Morata doesn't cut it.

You do realise how rich Utd are? They are basically offering massive wages. Why else would a player go there? Think about it. We can't offer the wages Utd or City can in all honesty. The fact they continue to spend big and win naff all just shows that throwing money at problem isn't always going to solve it. Pogba doesn't offer enough to warrant the price/wages he brings. You think Pogba would have still gone to Utd if they offered him 100k a week? What about Lukaku? 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Psg need to balance their books after signing Neymar why don't we put in £50m combo bid for krychowiak and aurier 

Balance their books? LOL, there are reports that they're still after Mbappe and Alexis even after the ridiculous Neymar purchase.

They don't give a shit about FFP and apparently neither do the authorities. 

31 minutes ago, It's too big said:

You do realise how rich Utd are? They are basically offering massive wages. Why else would a player go there? Think about it. We can't offer the wages Utd or City can in all honesty. The fact they continue to spend big and win naff all just shows that throwing money at problem isn't always going to solve it. Pogba doesn't offer enough to warrant the price/wages he brings. You think Pogba would have still gone to Utd if they offered him 100k a week? What about Lukaku? 

I really can't see the point that you're trying to make, honestly. It feels like you're trying to defend our board, not to offer arguments why Aurier should pick us and not United.

Yeah, I agree, the fact is that United ARE rich, OFFER bigger wages and SIGN some great prospects. This is what any footballer cares about, not Chelsea's financial health.

4 minutes ago, It's too big said:

So would we be if some of the posters here were working for Chelsea. We would be spending a billion pounds in one window. 

Lol why are you so defensive? I just offered arguments from what I think it would be Aurier's point of view. I never said that I want us to spend billions on players. I just stated the fact that those guys pay higher fees and can offer better wages than Chelsea. Again, do you think that Aurier gives a crap about United being in debt or us respecting the FFP? 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Balance their books? LOL, there are reports that they're still after Mbappe and Alexis even after the ridiculous Neymar purchase.

They don't give a shit about FFP and apparently neither do the authorities. 

Psg pay for Neymar, their owners gave money to Neymar and he paid for his release clause himself

1 hour ago, MefiX19 said:

Psg pay for Neymar, their owners gave money to Neymar and he paid for his release clause himself

Actually thats what happens in the spanish league. The Player pays the Release clause. Not the interested club. But offcourse, it goes to PSG accounts.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You