Serge Aurier

8 minutes ago, DDA said:

As things stand, it's between both Manchester Clubs for the title. We will be fighting for 4th spot judging by the eay things are going.

That's the way it was supposed to be last season.

Manchester clubs are under massive pressure this season. During the summer both clubs have improved their squads overall but their central defences are still bang average. Questions are going to be asked if Pep can't get his defence figured out and if Mourinho still plays shit on a stick football with Fellaini as his go-to guy. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

As things stand, it's between both Manchester Clubs for the title. We will be fighting for 4th spot judging by the eay things are going.

Indeed. People were saying the same thing one year ago. No doubt this season its all about Manchester again. :(

4 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Indeed. People were saying the same thing one year ago. No doubt this season its all about Manchester again. :(

Mourinho already made them extremely difficult to beat last season so he's got the defensive solidity he's known for set. With Pogba now more settled, a willing runner like Lukaku up top, the pace of Rasford on one side, and possibly Bale on the other I think they'll actually be able to turn all those draws into wins.

City I think may struggle a bit in the big games against the top sides because they have many naive defenders but will blow away everyone else to make up for any points lost against the big boys. Can honestly see them having many results like Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern/PSG have in their leagues when they play the small teams. They'll regularly put 3,4,5 goals past bottom half opposition.

We meanwhile depend so damned much on a single player and look average as hell in attack without him.

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Matt Law has been wrong on just about everything Chelsea related this summer. Sanchez, Sandro, Bonucci...

Would be especially annoying if Aurier moves to United instead of here when they already have one RB in Valencia who's better than Moses. To get another when we can't sign anyone would be maddening. 

I think Mourinho wants to end his transfer window with Bale and Aurier. If that were to happen I'm not sure we'll even compete with either Manchester club for the title. 

I don't think you understand what interest means. He never said that any of those deals were done. He got Bakayoko spot on,Morata and many other deals right.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Last year, I personally said to a fair few people I work with, "do not count us out". I had a feeling we would make a good run for the title. This year, I honestly believe it's between the Manchester clubs as it stands. With the right transfers before the window shuts, it could all change.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

I'd have to agree, sadly. Unless we go crazy before the deadline hits which doesn't look likely.

Why does everyone keep hyping up United? They have serious consistency issue's and they have replaced one of there few consistent player's with the model of inconsistentcy.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Why does everyone keep hyping up United? They have serious consistency issue's and they have replaced one of there few consistent player's with the model of inconsistentcy.

Just can't imagine them drawing with shit teams 15 times like they did last season. Pogba will be much better.

40 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just can't imagine them drawing with shit teams 15 times like they did last season. Pogba will be much better.

Even if they don't, can they transfer 4 year's of inconsistentcy into the sheer consistency required to win the title? Its not been done before in the PL Leicester aside, its not easy to do either, remember the Gullit/Vialli/Ranieri year's when every summer we thought/hoped our cup winning mentality would translate to league consistency and it never did, United are in a similar situation/ problem position now.

Best they can hope for is to break away from the 60's point's wise and set up a title challenge for future because i think we have a better chance purely becausewe know what it takes, infact i think they are 6th fav's, even behind Wenger.

4 hours ago, oldportblue said:

according to some french twitter accounts, he has been spotted wearing a Chelsea kit several times throughout the years: 4a8a18750835c8ca1c8d301248d534c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he will join the club he has always loved just like Lu... Nevermind.

When and where did I hear something similar?
Oh that's right, deadline month and day last season from every other poster around here. Maybe people should start recycling their posts from a year ago.
And I'm not only criticizing lack of faith and the team proving anyone wrong, me included, but mainly the same assumption that Manchester clubs would dominate. I saw how dominant they were...

4 minutes ago, Barbara said:

When and where did I hear something similar?
Oh that's right, deadline month and day last season from every other poster around here. Maybe people should start recycling their posts from a year ago.
And I'm not only criticizing lack of faith and the team proving anyone wrong, me included, but mainly the same assumption that Manchester clubs would dominate. I saw how dominant they were...

But this year both the Manchester clubs  have far stronger squads. Pep has had a full season to feel what it's like to manage in the PL. Surely he will mount a better challange for the title this season with the additions they have made. Whilst Jose is notorious for having a great season in his second season at nearly every club he has managed at. They have strengthened their squad too by cutting lose dead wood (Rooney) and brining in Lukaku, Matic and another CB. You feel their transfer business isn't over yet either. Last year United went into the season with a weak squad and City needed a lot of work being done there. Now I know you can say the same about us too given the previous season where we finished 10th but Conte worked wonders and we were very lucky to have Costa playing in the form of his life and Kante coming of the back of a PL title winning season himself. Also Eden was back to his best. Plus we were lucky in the injury department. I know you should never judge on pre-season games but I have watched both Manchester clubs and there is something about them that looks dangerous. A lot more fluidity to Uniteds game for sure. City, if they start strongly, they will be hard to challange.

The thing is both manchester clubs made a really good summer transfers and strengthen their teams even more, while Chelsea, one can say, that they even make their squad weaker after this summer. Also there is CL competition this year and rotations have to be made, the problem is that there aren't players for rotations... 

The thing is both manchester clubs made a really good summer transfers and strengthen their teams even more, while Chelsea, one can say, that they even make their squad weaker after this summer. Also there is CL competition this year and rotations have to be made, the problem is that there aren't players for rotations... 

When was the last time they didn't? They spend big every window. When was the last time they were impressive?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You