• Batshuayi
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Aina (sub)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a strange match. Good performances from Azpi, Willian, Chalobah, Ake, Batshuayi. Silly to give 3 goals like that, especially their first and third. At least the most wins record is still on!

Perfect advert for Conte to show the board why we need investment and that a couple of these players could do with a loan.

Much as we all love Zouma, he simply isn't good enough technically or mentally to be a regular here yet. He needs to go somewhere and play every week. He's got everything physically but that isn't enough at this level.

Kenedy isn't Chelsea quality at all, really. Batshuayi shows glimpses of class but has the first touch of an elephant. What's up with Belgian strikers and poor first touch? The ball bounces off his feet like a brick wall.

On a positive note, Chalobah continues to look the real deal. Excellent passing range on display there.

Also, Begovic didn't look good. 

I would not trust him as a back-up if Tbo would be out for some time. It's good he's going to leave us as he needs regular game time at a midtable team and good for us because we need a better back-up. 

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Naturally you'll get more assists from WB. Azpi has a decent cross on him so that's normal. I think Moses is much better at 1v1s, and I think 1v1 ability is essential for any one that plays at WB for us. Wouldn't be satisfied with him playing there tbh. He's much better in that RCB role. 

You're right that 1v1s are very necessary for wingbacks (marcelo, Alves, Mendy proved in champions League) but I wonder why Moses with all his dribbling and experience as a winger is outperformed massively by Alonso this season both in goals and assists. And even Azpi is a far better crosser which is important for a wing-back. 

Hopefully Moses improves his crosses because from what we've seen today, no way should Azpi be moved from the centerback position, none of the rest are good enough to replace him.