Alex Sandro

iceboy

Abundantly clear that Sandro isn't happening now. We just have to hope that the club bring someone in.

I doubt there's a clear upgrade available at this point like Sandro would've been, so now we just need to bring in some cover/competition for Alonso.

Still think Alonso will be a significant Achilles heel against the top sides.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Abundantly clear that Sandro isn't happening now. We just have to hope that the club bring someone in.

I doubt there's a clear upgrade available at this point like Sandro would've been, so now we just need to bring in some cover/competition for Alonso.

Still think Alonso will be a significant Achilles heel against the top sides.

Maybe we can give Baba Rahman a second chance if we don't get a left wing back 

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Doesn't sound like we are going to be getting this 'Elite' LB does it? Looks we might have to settle for Alonso and Rahman.....Fucking worrying, unbelievably thin.

Or you know, getting another LWB.

1 minute ago, Rekin said:

Or you know, getting another LWB.

Quality wise who's available around the level of Sandro? I have nothing against Alonso but what I do know is if we are to go up to the next level we need a top quality LWB and the same on the other side.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Quality wise who's available around the level of Sandro? I have nothing against Alonso but what I do know is if we are to go up to the next level we need a top quality LWB and the same on the other side.

I do agree that we need more quality on LWB, but I think it is just as important to get width there if we fail the primarily objective. Right now we have Alonso and nothing. Baba is not even an alternative considering his injury. 
If I have to choose between getting no one, and getting someone like Bertrand, Dalbert or Telles, then I will go for the latter without question.

1 minute ago, Rekin said:

I do agree that we need more quality on LWB, but I think it is just as important to get width there if we fail the primarily objective. Right now we have Alonso and nothing. Baba is not even an alternative considering his injury. 
If I have to choose between getting no one, and getting someone like Bertrand, Dalbert or Telles, then I will go for the latter without question.

The depth is massively important, having Alonso as back up with Sandro as the main man looks a good strength and depth. We aren't raising the quality by having Alonso starting, he's quite suspect in a few areas and this is why we must push for more and more elite players because every year in the CL these team are getting so much stronger, we must follow suit. I know sometimes you cannot always get these elite players but the alternatives have to much, much better than what we are replacing, if not, no point.

45 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The depth is massively important, having Alonso as back up with Sandro as the main man looks a good strength and depth. We aren't raising the quality by having Alonso starting, he's quite suspect in a few areas and this is why we must push for more and more elite players because every year in the CL these team are getting so much stronger, we must follow suit. I know sometimes you cannot always get these elite players but the alternatives have to much, much better than what we are replacing, if not, no point.

Look, I too want Sandro. I think he would be a huge signing that would accomplish a lot. But if we cant get him, or any other WBL that we know is a clear upgrade on Alonso, then we at the very least need to try and find someone who is at a similar level that he can compete with. If Alonso got injured we would be 100% screwed, we have zero replacement for him right now. 

9 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

We should try to hijack Inter deal for Dalbert . I feel he could be what we want Sandro to be for us

That could put us in a bad spot regarding Candreva.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

That could put us in a bad spot regarding Candreva.

Candreva is a right sided player. Would more be like Moses replacement if we were to sign him - me personally would prefer to have AOC for Moses replacement

Just now, bluesman2610 said:

Candreva is a right sided player. Would more be like Moses replacement if we were to sign him - me personally would prefer to have AOC for Moses replacement

Not what I was getting at. If we hijack or even try to do it to one of their targets, then they might simply refuse to do any business with us now and in the future.

Just now, manpe said:

Not what I was getting at. If we hijack or even try to do it to one of their targets, then they might simply refuse to do any business with us now and in the future.

How often have Inter done business with us in the past lets be real here if they don't want or need our money in the future then good on them. But Inter every year need to sell players to stay above FFP so this is an unlikely conclusion

Short version Atalanta coach Gasperini speaking on microphone for Sky's on Juventus wanting to bring Spinazzola immediately : "I hope he stays".

Longer version tells about them losing so many important players and if they lose Spinazzola too they will have to regroup. 

On 31/07/2017 at 4:15 PM, bluesman2610 said:

We should try to hijack Inter deal for Dalbert . I feel he could be what we want Sandro to be for us

Nice FC are only looking £17m for him too

35 minutes ago, bluesman2610 said:

I would even offer them slightly more like £22M just to seal it and remove sell on clause that they want

Whoscored.com rated him highly 

Dalbert Characteristics

+ Strengths

Defensive contribution
Very Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong
Passing
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Concentration
Strong
Tackling
Strong

- Weaknesses

(Player has no significant weaknesses)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You