Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Alex Sandro


iceboy
 Share
Followers 3

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sandro plays today and we probably comfortably beat Atleti. There were periods in the game where our pressure on their back line was immense, and we just needed a bit more quality in the final third. Zappa was ok but that’s all he’ll ever will be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember both our wing backs scoring goals, but not assisting, so unless someone's already mentioned this, it's worth mentioning - he did get an assist tonight - to Cuadrado no less :lol:

If we do get him, it's fantasy to think January. Realistically there's nobody on Juve's radar who could replace him. Even in the Summer, it's not like a new left back pops up out of nowhere as available, and nobody's making headlines in that position this season. Personal & professional issues can always be resolved, so IMO there's more chance of him staying than leaving. Me as a player, seeing Serie A being competitive again, I'd relish being at Juve - genuine fun to be had in the big games, all the while being with the most consistent Italian club of the past decade. 

I doubt his current disgruntle is due to money, and i doubt it's to do with the board. Allegri could be part of it, but again i doubt it. While he doesn't inspire, he doesn't inspire disdain from his players. 
If he wants a change of scene, there's no upgrade in coming to England. And in joining Juve at the time he joined, I doubt he's looking for a 'challenge'.

I really see no reason for him wanting out; so maybe he wants out to the same extent Courtois & Hazard do :drunk:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Sandro plays today and we probably comfortably beat Atleti. There were periods in the game where our pressure on their back line was immense, and we just needed a bit more quality in the final third. Zappa was ok but that’s all he’ll ever will be. 

Honestly I thought Zappa was good tonight, probably his best game for us. Wanted to take his marker on and get a shot off. Sure he didn’t cross as often as he would of done if he was on the right but he looked like he had purpose when he got the ball, especially in the first half. I think the need for more quality in the final third is well known but it’s more than just the wing backs although upgrades in these positions are still needed but Willian, Bakayoko, Pedro, Batshuayi are all hit and miss in the final third also but for me it was bad finishing/good goalkeeping that cost us more tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly I thought Zappa was good tonight, probably his best game for us. Wanted to take his marker on and get a shot off. Sure he didn’t cross as often as he would of done if he was on the right but he looked like he had purpose when he got the ball, especially in the first half. I think the need for more quality in the final third is well known but it’s more than just the wing backs although upgrades in these positions are still needed but Willian, Bakayoko, Pedro, Batshuayi are all hit and miss in the final third also but for me it was bad finishing/good goalkeeping that cost us more tonight. 

Yeah I did say he was ok, but not really spectacular. A real quality player would’ve actually made the difference imo. I think our wing backs are the first thing we need to upgrade. Moses is looking quite good though - and I can’t really see anyone on the market who’s actually much better atm. Sandro/LWB is the first name on the shopping list for me also because we lack real depth there. 

On Batshuayi, I thought he was refreshingly decent tonight. Morata - Batshuayi might work quite well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Yeah I did say he was ok, but not really spectacular. A real quality player would’ve actually made the difference imo. I think our wing backs are the first thing we need to upgrade. Moses is looking quite good though - and I can’t really see anyone on the market who’s actually much better atm. Sandro/LWB is the first name on the shopping list for me also because we lack real depth there. 

On Batshuayi, I thought he was refreshingly decent tonight. Morata - Batshuayi might work quite well. 

Yeah the wing backs do need some changes in terms of the quality. I agree with you regarding Moses thought he was good as well but it’s a nightmare to buy wing backs because it’s not a typical traditional position so to speak like a winger or a fullback. Sandro would be good with Alonso as back up yes but I still think that Batshuayi, Willian, Pedro to an extent (although he looks good as an impact player) can all be improved on for sure as well. Even as squad players I think they can be improved upon. Although it’s hard to get guys willing to be squad players and be at a high level.

Tonight though, finishing and good goalkeeping kept us from winning, I think we created enough chances for sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

agree with the above posts. Zappa played alright by getting himself into goo positions but he had zero confidence with his left root, it was obvious to me the Atletico defenders and probably the rest of the 40,00 odds at the bridge that he wanted to cut in and cross/shoot. Easy to defend against.

Left back is one of the positions we need to improve to take us to the next level. Sandro would be good, not getting hopes up too soon though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

If he really wants to leave Juventus and we lose out on signing him to United I will go mad. Fucking Mourinho. 

Guys calm down, we ain't losing him to United. Why the fuck would he want to take his family to Manchester a shitty city, playing alongside De Gea as second GK. Guy is known for his attacking and less for his defense it would be a nightmare for him under Mourinho. Even money we can match it for sure, problem is getting to a deal with Juventus. I'm very positive about this one happening. No way Sandro chooses a pathetic bus parker over Conte. He isn't even Pogba's budy like with Lukaku to twist his mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hazardinho Gaucho said:

They have a thread about him in the RedCafe and are posting some twits from journalists i dont know linking Alex Sandro to United.

Is that legit or just muppet talk?

Muppet talk of course. Who the fuck opens a thread about Sandro with rumours coming from a pathetic journalist like Castles. I haven't seen one legit place to say they want him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Last Sicarius said:

i dont get why Allegri put him on bench in important matches. He already missed couple of games. Maybe something going on? In winter window we could get him but he would cant play in CL.

Marotta said he has personal problems, maybe that's the reason he hasn't features much lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Georgy said:

Guys calm down, we ain't losing him to United. Why the fuck would he want to take his family to Manchester a shitty city, playing alongside De Gea as second GK. Guy is known for his attacking and less for his defense it would be a nightmare for him under Mourinho. Even money we can match it for sure, problem is getting to a deal with Juventus. I'm very positive about this one happening. No way Sandro chooses a pathetic bus parker over Conte. He isn't even Pogba's budy like with Lukaku to twist his mind.

It doesn’t matter.

Players have chosen other clubs and managers over us before. Benjamin Mendy said he had other offers (which we were one) and would only leave Monaco for City and Pep. There’s others as well clearly and with every target of the stature of a Sandro or a Mendy or a Lukaku they will have more than one suitor.

The thing I meant as well is that Manchester United won’t hesitate to sign Sandro at the drop of a hat in January for £60m+ if Mourinho wants him. Like backing him with £100m Pogba, £75m Lukaku and Zlatan with huge wages despite being well in his mid 30s in the past.

Conte obviously wanted Alex Sandro and still wants him but do you think upstairs will be willing to green light a potential £60m+ January move if that’s what’s Juventus want (nobody is cheap these days yet alone in January)? That is what I’m not so sure about. Time and time again in recent years we’ve shown recently that the club has a agenda regarding FFP, signing promising younger players instead of more developed ones and following a transfer strategy with targets that have clearly been followed by the club since before AVBs appointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...