Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

Atletico are letting Filipe Luis go apparently as he wants to move. Alonso would be a good fit for Atletico tbf, hes not the worst or best LB out there but he'd be steady for them, especially as they play with a deeper backline and more cohesively without the ball as we did. 35m would do the trick but we would be light at LB.

17 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Atletico are letting Filipe Luis go apparently as he wants to move. Alonso would be a good fit for Atletico tbf, hes not the worst or best LB out there but he'd be steady for them, especially as they play with a deeper backline and more cohesively without the ball as we did. 35m would do the trick but we would be light at LB.

Shift Azpilicueta there and James at RB

Too many questions about system and formation at this time to assess who or where players will play.

take last two seasons from Alonso as a hint. Regardless however one may rate, the difference was incredible. Some say it’s formation, but to me it’s always more the system than formation.

ask not where they are at the start of the game, but where and how they move during it.

5 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Azpi at LB again? No thank you. 

I actually preferred him there to RB. His not so great attacking ability was emphasized due to Ivanovic, I reckon a dynamic RB and Azpi at LB would make. decent combination.

I think if there is concrete interest there we should seriously consider selling, otherwise I can see a year or so from now him being another player a year older and not good enough but hard to shift due to a long contract on big wages. On the right flank Zappacosta is similar, we should try to sell him before his stock falls any lower.

I watched Dasilva in the under 21's this summer and he is still raw defensively and size is a bit of a worry but his pace and athleticism looks excellent and I think he could offer a much more attack minded full back option in some games.

Emerson and Azpi as our senior full back options and James and Dasilva as young, dynamic options I wouldn't be against next season.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I watched Dasilva in the under 21's this summer and he is still raw defensively and size is a bit of a worry but his pace and athleticism looks excellent and I think he could offer a much more attack minded full back option in some games.

One hundred percent agree with this.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Emerson and Azpi as our senior full back options and James and Dasilva as young, dynamic options I wouldn't be against next season

Nor me. In principle.

In what I'm about to say I assume that Jody will be appointed along with Frank but it was noticeable that Derby's statement did not mention their assistant manager.

I'm convinced that Reece, being both versatile and first team ready, will get plenty of minutes. Indeed, since Jody loves Reece as much as I do, I'm pretty much expecting our future captain to be first choice by the end of the season. Jay, on the other hand, may worry about his situation as a backup.

This makes Jay's calculation about what's right for his next step more complicated than Reece's. He is wanted permanently at Bristol City, but I take comfort from the fact that he's been non-commital about that move so far. My guess is that Jay either knows a top level opportunity is available, or he is hoping that one will be. Frank and Jody have a chance to sell Chelsea as that opportunity, though I suspect they'll have to promise to let him go in January if it isn't working out.

Imagine how much fun Frank and Jody are having making their plans for next season? What wouldn't any of us give to be in their place right now?

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

In what I'm about to say I assume that Jody will be appointed along with Frank but it was noticeable that Derby's statement did not mention their assistant manager.

I'm convinced that Reece, being both versatile and first team ready, will get plenty of minutes. Indeed, since Jody loves Reece as much as I do, I'm pretty much expecting our future captain to be first choice by the end of the season. Jay, on the other hand, may worry about his situation as a backup.

This makes Jay's calculation about what's right for his next step more complicated than Reece's. He is wanted permanently at Bristol City, but I take comfort from the fact that he's been non-commital about that move so far. My guess is that Jay either knows a top level opportunity is available, or he is hoping that one will be. Frank and Jody have a chance to sell Chelsea as that opportunity, though I suspect they'll have to promise to let him go in January if it isn't working out.

Imagine how much fun Frank and Jody are having making their plans for next season? What wouldn't any of us give to be in their place right now?

I've never known it very common for statements like Derby's to include assistants and coaching staff. That is usually almost taken for granted and I think Jody's return is a big and important aspect of Lamps return.

There will still be some reservations for some young players and Lampard can't bring everybody through but I think for players like Dasilva if they believe the opportunity may be available they may regret for the rest of their careers not giving it a shot.

Over four competitions and injuries/suspensions throughout the season, opportunities should arise even for backup players in the squad and its then up to those players to take them. I have read with regards to the training environment that Lampard developed at Derby that he expected and demanded 100% effort (which sounds exactly like how he would have applied himself in training) and wasn't afraid to reward players performing in training who may have been on the fringes. If he follows through with this, it shouldn't only be a carrot for the squad players but also push on and apply some pressure on first team players who perhaps haven't felt their positions and roles within the squad under much threat for some time.

How exciting must this be for that core group of young talent to know amongst the first team setup next season will be people that know you and have even coached you and for some there could finally be a genuine pathway at the club?

On 16/06/2019 at 11:12 AM, Vesper said:

SB after the opening day Manure game's line-ups are announced and Alonso starts

Photo_1.jpg

That's the Bradford fire where 56 people got burned to death watching their team. It's in pretty poor taste to post something so horrific to make a point about something so trivial.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I've never known it very common for statements like Derby's to include assistants and coaching staff. That is usually almost taken for granted and I think Jody's return is a big and important aspect of Lamps return.

I'm with you on this, assistants are often considered a part of the package. There is a reason Jody's move is on my mind however. Frank without Jody is not a deal breaker, but with Jody is a much more attractive prospect. My worry, which I've mentioned previously, is that Derby will offer Jody their job. That's what I'd do if I was them. I they do then we'll see how Jody feels about taking the top job at this stage.

Over four competitions and injuries/suspensions throughout the season, opportunities should arise even for backup players in the squad and its then up to those players to take them.

Agreed but it's not a trick our players have managed too well in recent years. Pep rotates freely because he can, because he has faith that he'll still get the results. Are we going to be able to put our new manager in the same position? The jury's out I think.

3 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That's the Bradford fire where 56 people got burned to death watching their team. It's in pretty poor taste to post something so horrific to make a point about something so trivial.

I deleted it, didnt know people died in it

I just googled stadium on fire :(

32 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Rumours that Castillo could have had a turn around and will be signing a new contract with the club so maybe he is the one to go for the left back berth?

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-will-keep-best-academy-stars-at-stamford-bridge-with-frank-lampard-at-helm-a4176201.html

snip

Another sign of the impact Lampard and Morris’s has made emerged today with the news that highly-rated academy left back Juan Castillo is set to do a U-turn and announce he is staying at Chelsea.

Castillo, who played under Morris when he was in charge of the youth teams, revealed last month that he was leaving this summer when his contract expired, but the Dutchman is now ready to agree fresh terms.

Negotiations between Chelsea and Lampard shouldn’t take long after the Blues made a formal approach to Derby on Tuesday and confirmed they are prepared to pay the £4m clause in his contract.   

snip

yes!:cig:

Rumours that Castillo could have had a turn around and will be signing a new contract with the club so maybe he is the one to go for the left back berth?

This would be a good development. The first fruit of the Lampard/Morris era?

There are other players going out of contract in a few days who the duo need to be working on. George McEachran for example. I've said before that I think he's better than his big brother.

1 minute ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This would be a good development. The first fruit of the Lampard/Morris era?

There are other players going out of contract in a few days who the duo need to be working on. George McEachran for example. I've said before that I think he's better than his big brother.

If things break the right way, we do not have too much of a shit year, and the youngsters get a lot of playing time and multiple ones come good, these bans might just end up being even better than just swings and roundabouts