Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Well wouldn't that be down to our player's mentality then?  When you have players complaining about how tactical and strict Conte/Sarri are in training, yet just a few weeks ago Sterling worshiped the fact Pep is so demanding and strategic with them, kinda reflects perfectly on the difference of situations between the both of us. 

You can believe reports with no quotes of players saying they don't like the training or quotes directly from the players' mouth about them liking what Sarri's trying to do that. 

Like I get the players aren't blameless but I really don't why Sarri or any of the previous manager is getting absolved from any of the mess that's happened.

6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I seem to recall us moving the ball much quicker and creating loads of chances in the third, just zero penetration. 

But we's always looked dangerous against crap oppositions and to use the most recent opponent as an example - Dynamo Kiev.

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Another thing I've noticed this season is how quickly we can just switch off. We can show urgency and focus, then the next thing you know, we are one individual mistake from total capitulation. Alonso always being a culprit. No movement. Poor decision making. Poor defending. Poor performance. I would've been more harsh on Sarri given Alonso shouldn't of started, but we should of been 2 or 3 nil up by halftime. 

It's all ifs and buts at this point. We've collapsed far too often in second halves this season that the manager shouldn't be absolved of any blame here. Man management is also important as coaching the players on the technical side of things. But this is a manager who admitted he can't understand the team with almost a season into the job and that he can't motivate the players...

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can believe reports with no quotes of players saying they don't like the training or quotes directly from the players' mouth about them liking what Sarri's trying to do that. 

Like I get the players aren't blameless but I really don't why Sarri or any of the previous manager is getting absolved from any of the mess that's happened.

So if the reports aren't true, then what is it? Why do our players look as if they are downing tools if it doesn't mean they don't like Sarri's tactics? Happened with Conte, and they all gladly opened their mouth when they knew he was gone. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

But we's always looked dangerous against crap oppositions and to use the most recent opponent as an example - Dynamo Kiev.

We looked good against Spurs? United too in the FA Cup until Alonso decided to be Alonso. 

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's all ifs and buts at this point. We've collapsed far too often in second halves this season that the manager shouldn't be absolved of any blame here. Man management is also important as coaching the players on the technical side of things. But this is a manager who admitted he can't understand the team with almost a season into the job and that he can't motivate the players...

Yet this is the THIRD manager who is facing the same issues whilst the SAME players are still here?

10 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So if the reports aren't true, then what is it? Why do our players look as if they are downing tools if it doesn't mean they don't like Sarri's tactics? Happened with Conte, and they all gladly opened their mouth when they knew he was gone. 

What if they aren't downing tools? What if it's just down to the fact that Sarri is making these players play in a system that just don't suit their qualities, thereby leading to all these BS results and inconsistent performances?

We looked good against Spurs? United too in the FA Cup until Alonso decided to be Alonso. 

You really thought we were good against United? We were average and got worse after conceding those 2 goals.

I'll you give Spurs but it still doesn't change the fact that we've played badly more often than not against decent opposition. The fact that we've managed only 4 wins out of 17 and 16 points out of 57 against top 10 teams in the league this season says it all.

Yet this is the THIRD manager who is facing the same issues whilst the SAME players are still here?

So, we're just gonna ignore the fact that Mourinho went to war with the club's medics, the board, players, media on a weekly basis in 2015? We're just gonna pretend like Conte didn't embark on his negative moan-fest in 2016? We're just gonna act like those two cases didn't have any impact on the team, on the club whatsoever?

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

What if they aren't downing tools? What if it's just down to the fact that Sarri is making these players play in a system that just don't suit their qualities, thereby leading to all these BS results and inconsistent performances?

I'm saying they are downing tools as a result of these players not being comfortable in this system. You don't just forget how to control a ball and become stagnant positionaly unless you aren't arsed. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

You really thought we were good against United? We were average and got worse after conceding those 2 goals.

I'll you give Spurs but it still doesn't change the fact that we've played badly more often than not against decent opposition. The fact that we've managed only 4 wins out of 17 and 16 points out of 57 against top 10 teams in the league this season says it all.

We were well up top against United until an individual mistake cost us. And like I mentioned, we switch off just like that. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

So, we're just gonna ignore the fact that Mourinho went to war with the club's medics, the board, players, media on a weekly basis in 2015? We're just gonna pretend like Conte didn't embark on his negative moan-fest in 2016? We're just gonna act like those two cases didn't have any impact on the team, on the club whatsoever?

Mourinho and Conte moaned because we failed to strengthen after a title win. Board incompetence is just as much the problem. 

14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm saying they are downing tools as a result of these players not being comfortable in this system. You don't just forget how to control a ball and become stagnant positionaly unless you aren't arsed. 

First you said they do not have quality and now that. Make up your mind...

14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mourinho and Conte moaned because we failed to strengthen after a title win. Board incompetence is just as much the problem.

The board may be incompetent but it doesn't justify their actions of moaning EVERY WEEK and dragging everyone else down!

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

First you said they do not have quality and now that. Make up your mind...

The board may be incompetent but it doesn't justify their actions of moaning EVERY WEEK and dragging everyone else down!

I'm sorry? Did we look like competing for the league even with that start? Night and day difference but we in no shape looked better than Spurs or Liverpool. United got rid of that cancer and now the table perfectly reflects the quality. 

You don't sign successful managers and not give them the tools to succeed? Let's go for Bredon Rodgers then? 

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'm sorry? Did we look like competing for the league even with that start? Night and day difference but we in no shape looked better than Spurs or Liverpool. United got rid of that cancer and now the table perfectly reflects the quality. 

You don't sign successful managers and not give them the tools to succeed? Let's go for Bredon Rodgers then? 

tenor.gif?itemid=4802586

On 3/20/2019 at 4:18 PM, Jason said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4802586

please get back on topic ;) 

It's been a long time since we last talked about alonso and he might be missing us dearly. We need to remind him how slow and tall he is, as well how much a liability in defense he can be... yes, he forgets. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

A reminder that Alonso got back into the starting XI ahead of Emerson because of one good cross and a goal against a poor Dynamo Kiev side...

yep, I dont want to hear about rotation from anyone in terms of that turtletwat playing, old smokey will trot out Azpi over 4500 minutes this season by time we are done

yep, I dont want to hear about rotation from anyone in terms of that turtletwat playing, old smokey will trot out Azpi over 4500 minutes this season by time we are done

He just like to use that excuse when he see fit. I was shocked by his comments about Kante not being able to play 70 matches, but Azpi magically can.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, the wes said:

According to sarri hes one of the best left backs in the world :ph34r::ph34r:

What could he said? "Yeah, he is shit but I only have him and Emerson so..." We'll have so many games in this season, he has to keep his players happy. Also, I like about Sarri how he protects his players. It is very controversial when a manager openly criticizes his man in front of the world - like Mourinho.

We'll see about this in Summer. I hardly believe that Sarri is pleased with his LB options. I wouldn't be suprised if we offloaded both Emerson and Alonso.

10 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I wouldn't be suprised if we offloaded both Emerson and Alonso.

You wouldn't? With transfer ban looming? I'd be shocked. We never clear-sell a whole position, we rather keep crap than do that. Emerson unfortunately is more likely to leave because Alonso signed a fucking stupid extension. :middlefinger::rant: