Marcos Alonso

Chelsea4

3 hours ago, Jason said:

It's 3 managers now who have not been keen on Giroud/Barkley/Pedro/Alonso. 

so depressing, I must admit

it is shocking that Alonso is still around

refusing £45m for hm from RM and then renewing him on top of that was a double wall-meet-head moment for me

that motherfucker Sarri with his gaslighting 'best LB in Europe' bullshit

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Barkley is a lost cause, IMO. He had his chances earlier this season but hardly made any impression and then had the incidents with the cab driver and at the night club. Alonso also had his chances but I guess his defensive flaws have proved too much of a problem for Lampard's liking and not to mention, he is SUPER SLOW! Agree on Pedro and Giroud - the former's situation is a curious one. He actually started the season well but suffered an injury and suddenly just disappeared altogether. 

On the bigger picture, it highlights AGAIN that we don't have the best of squad depths in terms of quality. It's 3 managers now who have not been keen on Giroud/Barkley/Pedro/Alonso. 

3 managers have not been keen on Giroud, Pedro and alonso? They are quite regular under Conte and Sarri 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

3 managers have not been keen on Giroud, Pedro and alonso? They are quite regular under Conte and Sarri 

Was talking about all 4 as whole and 'being regular' under Sarri & Conte doesn't necessarily mean they were keen.

Alonso - Remember Conte wanted Sandro from Juventus? Conte stuck with Alonso anyway because of the back 3 system and Emerson spent most of the 2017/18 season coming back from his injury. Sarri spent most of his season praising Alonso to the heavens but towards the end, he started leaning towards Emerson.

Giroud - IIRC, Conte didn't want Giroud. He wanted Llorente but didn't get him and was left to make do with Giroud. The only competition Giroud regularly featured in was last season's Europa League. Otherwise, he was always in and out of the XI. Take the Premier League for example, he played only 1443 minutes in 18 months with us. Higuain joined last January and played 1092 minutes in the league in just 6 months. That's a difference of only 351 minutes = close to 4 games. 

Pedro - I'll give you this one but he was rotated with Willian under both managers. Between the two, Pedro played almost a thousand minutes less than Willian - 5608 minutes to the latter's 6568 minutes in all competitions. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Was talking about all 4 as whole and 'being regular' under Sarri & Conte doesn't necessarily mean they were keen.

Alonso - Remember Conte wanted Sandro from Juventus? Conte stuck with Alonso anyway because of the back 3 system and Emerson spent most of the 2017/18 season coming back from his injury. Sarri spent most of his season praising Alonso to the heavens but towards the end, he started leaning towards Emerson.

Giroud - IIRC, Conte didn't want Giroud. He wanted Llorente but didn't get him and was left to make do with Giroud. The only competition Giroud regularly featured in was last season's Europa League. Otherwise, he was always in and out of the XI. Take the Premier League for example, he played only 1443 minutes in 18 months with us. Higuain joined last January and played 1092 minutes in the league in just 6 months. That's a difference of only 351 minutes = close to 4 games. 

Pedro - I'll give you this one but he was rotated with Willian under both managers. Between the two, Pedro played almost a thousand minutes less than Willian - 5608 minutes to the latter's 6568 minutes in all competitions. 

What you are saying is that they are not nailed down starter, they are not exactly top level but they are part of our key rotation. This season they are simply not part of rotation. 

IMO purely from the quality that they can bring to football field , I can see many reason why they should be part of our plan this season. But for me it doesn't really matter. If they are not part of the plan, that is fine, as long as no more west ham where suddenly Giroud and Pedro start. 

22 minutes ago, communicate said:

What you are saying is that they are not nailed down starter, they are not exactly top level but they are part of our key rotation. This season they are simply not part of rotation. 

IMO purely from the quality that they can bring to football field , I can see many reason why they should be part of our plan this season. But for me it doesn't really matter. If they are not part of the plan, that is fine, as long as no more west ham where suddenly Giroud and Pedro start. 

What I'm saying is Conte and Sarri weren't happy with the quality of the squad depth. They just had to make do with it. The fact that our 3rd manager in a row is doing the same highlights the issue even further. Sure, you could argue that Lampard could and should have utilized Giroud and Pedro a tad more to begin with but I guess with the younger players coming in and Lampard having his own ideas, we decided to move them aside. At least this situation will really force the board's hands in the transfer window. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

What I'm saying is Conte and Sarri weren't happy with the quality of the squad depth. They just had to make do with it. The fact that our 3rd manager in a row is doing the same highlights the issue even further. Sure, you could argue that Lampard could and should have utilized Giroud and Pedro a tad more to begin with but I guess with the younger players coming in and Lampard having his own ideas, we decided to move them aside. At least this situation will really force the board's hands in the transfer window. 

I don't think Sarri or Conte were unhappy with Pedro, Alonso or Giroud. Barkley is whole another storey but let's leave him be. Pedro is an absolutely fantastic role player, score goals, make tons of run behind, stable defensively, press hard. Giroud is arguably one of the best target man in Europe. Not many player has better link up play. Alonso may not be everyone cup of tea, but he offer height in both boxes, goal threat, passing. Offer far more than Emerson offensively. I don't hear Sarri or Conte wanting to move any of them. 

For me transfer market these days is really2 difficult especially with the inflated price. Yes sometimes you can find bargain like with pool with Robertson but most of the time it is 50m a player. I am just being realistic, we are not city who can spend 50/60 m on bench player, so it is important to find the right player.

21 hours ago, Vesper said:

Inter Considering Darmian, Marcos Alonso & Emerson Palmieri As Possible Full Back Reinforcements

https://sempreinter.com/2019/12/16/inter-considering-darmian-marcos-alonso-emerson-palmieri-as-possible-full-back-reinforcements/

They can have Alonso for 30-35m. Emerson no they can go fuck themselves 🤣

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

They can have Alonso for 30-35m. Emerson no they can go fuck themselves 🤣

I will accept 30m euros (£25.5m due to strong pound) for Alonso and call it  day

that £20m loss (RM offered £45m in 2018 and she said 55m or no deal) is on Marina and that cunt Sarri

19 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Good to see him back in the team, for as shit as he is, he still has something to offer at least until we upgrade.

Problem is, he's good in a back 3/5 where his defensive flaws aren't so obvious and he can focus on going forward but he's totally hopeless in a back 4 when he's tasked to do with attacking and defending. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Problem is, he's good in a back 3/5 where his defensive flaws aren't so obvious and he can focus on going forward but he's totally hopeless in a back 4 when he's tasked to do with attacking and defending. 

Even in a back four he can still be useful against the fodder who barely bother to attack, he was good against Brighton and the difference against Newcastle.

However he shouldn't be playing (in a four) against top teams agreed.

Just now, Tomo said:

Even in a back four he can still be useful against the fodder who barely bother to attack, he was good against Brighton and the difference against Newcastle.

However he shouldn't be playing (in a four) against top teams agreed.

But that's assuming teams only come to defend from start to finish, like Newcastle did. Otherwise, we need the entire team to turn up and dominate these smaller teams so Alonso won't be a liability for us. Don't think we want that, do we? Having 2 FBs like Liverpool do will be ideal. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

But that's assuming teams only come to defend from start to finish, like Newcastle did. Otherwise, we need the entire team to turn up and dominate these smaller teams so Alonso won't be a liability for us. Don't think we want that, do we? Having 2 FBs like Liverpool do will be ideal. 

Lesser teams are more and more playing against us to defend, since Liverpool how much attacking has any of our opponents done at Stamford Bridge? 

I think the percentages make Alonso facing fodder sides worth the risk.

Just now, Tomo said:

Lesser teams are more and more playing against us to defend, since Liverpool how much attacking has any of our opponents done at Stamford Bridge? 

I think the percentages make Alonso facing fodder sides worth the risk.

Bournemouth, West Ham, Aston Villa didn't really do it, did they? Newcastle came and sit back for 0-0 but those 3 sides sat back and tried to play on the break, maintaining some sort of offensive threat. We aren't at the level where we "forced" teams to just sit back and defend for 0-0, like Man City in past 2 seasons. If Alonso's really worth the risk, we wouldn't have heard of rumors about us wanting to sell him or buying a new LB. And moreover, he turns 29 on December 28. A new replacement is needed ASAP!

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bournemouth, West Ham, Aston Villa didn't really do it, did they? Newcastle came and sit back for 0-0 but those 3 sides sat back and tried to play on the break, maintaining some sort of offensive threat. We aren't at the level where we "forced" teams to just sit back and defend for 0-0, like Man City in past 2 seasons. If Alonso's really worth the risk, we wouldn't have heard of rumors about us wanting to sell him or buying a new LB. And moreover, he turns 29 on December 28. A new replacement is needed ASAP!

I think what I'm trying to say is, if he's chosen over Emerson to be the new guys back up I won't be too upset.

He'd be an ideal rotation guy if we have say Newcastle at home in-between two CL ties with Barcelona.

Just now, Tomo said:

I think what I'm trying to say is, if he's chosen over Emerson to be the new guys back up I won't be too upset.

He'd be an ideal rotation guy if we have say Newcastle at home in-between two CL ties with Barcelona.

But if the first choice gets injured and Alonso suddenly becomes temporary first choice...? Between Alonso and Emerson, I'd rather keep the latter. Has more years left in him than Alonso. Besides, we need competition and Alonso isn't going to provide it.